Trade Routes - A way to break the grind. PLS READ

Guest DischargeDaddy

Guest DischargeDaddy

Okay, so I will start off by saying I am fully aware NQ wants this game to be 'player driven' and I am completely fine with that. However, I do feel it needs a slight push to get the 'player driven' stuff going in the right direction.  

So.. My idea, Trade Routes.

Basically you visit a marketplace or a district go to a 'assignment terminal'  and will receive a 'trade route cargo' (or something similar to that nature) but it is essentially a  piece of equipment, you will then need to deploy onto your ship (so make sure you have space onboard!) it will place similarly to that of a object when in build view of your ship.  
There will be different assignment tiers that you will need to play through before reaching the 'high end tiers' 

Example of Tiers:
TIER 1: Short flights between market places/districts on same planet with SMALL, LIGHT cargo.
TIER 2: Short flights between market places/districts on same planet with LARGE, HEAVY cargo.
TIER 3: Interplanetary flight to market/district with SMALL, LIGHT cargo.
TIER 4: Interplanetary flight to market/district with LARGE, HEAVY cargo.
So on and so forth, you catch my drift. Tiers build up until you reach multiple large, heavy cargo flying from one end of the system to another, the bigger the distance the larger the reward. 

Okay! so lets get down to the nitty gritty of it all! 

- You can only deploy your 'trade route cargo' onto your ship in the area you obtained the assignment. Once deployed you cannot pick up the cargo, only destroy it (you will get a similar message to that of a broken element if you try to pick it up without first fixing it). Cargo will be delivered to the desired location of the generated 'Assignment' marketplace by entering or landing within the designated area

- Rewards are based upon the weight and distance of the assignment OR could simply go by tier. Rewards are cold hard CASH and with higher tier assignments you will also receive POINTS to go towards levelling up your character, points will be a lot less than the cash reward but enough to make people want to get involved with trade routes to make it desirable. 

- When traveling with cargo you will be unable to WARP as the cargo is too unstable for warp flight. 

- When travelling in space with cargo your detectable range for radar is increased by up to 4 times depending on your load and your icon will be red. 

So you are wondering why would this be such a game changer? Let me tell you. 

* It gives purpose to building ships, not only designing ships that can leave and re-enter multiple atmospheres but also cargo's can be large enough that you will need to use different size core ships to be able to carry the cargo.  

* Traveling into space with cargo is risky! THERE MAY BE PIRATES. Ensure you are safe by either preparing your ship so that you are able to defend yourselfjoin a convoy and hope that there is safety in numbers, let your buddy have your back flying wingman along side you with a ship to defend should you need it or even hire some security to defend you whilst your out on assignment. 

Alternatively you could join the dark side and try your hand at becoming a pirate and hunt people out on assignment, although you will not get anything from destroying cargo you could still take their ship! 

The potential content to come from this could be HUGE and really get things going for this game. 

This is just an idea currently and everything written here can be changed for one reason or another, I just like the general theme of what I have came up with thus far. I don't think it would be too hard to implement? the initial part is kinda basic? but the rest is all player driven content. 

Willing to hash out the in's and out's of it all! 

Thanks for reading! 

DischargeDaddy