Market Zone visit tax

Guest Onykage

Problem:

Players leave vehicles parked all over market zones and leave them behind for days or even permanently.  This causes severe FPS drop for players that enter these zones to travel or trade.  The FPS drop also does not create a very rewarding experience for some new players on their first time entering the game.  The excessive numbers of abandoned vehicles makes doing even the simple tutorials a challenge at times.  At peak play times with 30 or so players inside a single market zone and the addition of all the abandoned vehicles, I personally have experienced FPS drops so severe that I was freeze frame or rubber-banding.  This kind of performance impact should not be that severe on top tier video cards.

Solution:

I think you guys need to implement a use tax on the market zones applied to vehicles.  The tax should be based on vehicle size to allow for a reasonable tax to be enforced.  The tax is to force placers to not want to leave vehicles unattended at the market areas for excessive periods of time.

Tax applied to any vehicle left unattended for excess of 1 hour.

example rates:

XS Core Vehicle 50k Credits per hour

S Core Vehicle 150K Credits per hour

M Core Vehicle 450k Credits per hour

L Core Vehicle 1.2m Credits per hour

XL Core Vehicle 5m Credits per hour

Taxes are assed and charged to the owners account every hour.

If the situation occurs where the player account can not pay the tax assed, the vehicle is deleted.

I think that a program such as this will clean up the market zones greatly and remove atleast 50% of the fps lag encountered in these areas.

Thanks, 

Hope the idea is considered and Love the game thus far!

-o

Love this idea though I think a 24 hour max on the tax and instead of deleting the ship it gets impounded which you have to pay an impound fee to get the ship back. With the counter starting at log off or when the leave the same hex.

Only reason I don’t like the delete idea is because life happens and i wouldn’t want someone to lose a ship if they can’t log in for a legitimate reason.

Granted maybe a compounding impound fee so every time a ship of yours gets impounded you have to pay more and those ships count against your core count/ can’t be deleted meaning you can’t just keep building new ships if the impound fee is to high. And for every day you don’t have a ship impounded the fee slowly goes back down.