Massive FPS drop in build mode all of a sudden?

Slystalker

I have been in the same base, with the same ship etc for the last few days, now all of sudden once I go into build mode I drop to like 5-10 FPS the whole time. Just wondering if anyone else has started getting this issue or is it a known issue? I know it's beta so I'll see what happens, just curious on a fix because build mode is unusable for me now.

Updated

After writing this up, & collecting info to create a service request, I noticed my Graphics drivers had jumped to a VERY old version! Thus... I applied the update to the latest again & now FPS is stablish again.

I did a search & found that new installs of Windows 10 some users have reported Microsoft Update installing NVIDIA 432.00 over the top of newer drivers - which appears may of been my case... Regardless.. I updated my drivers again & am now good to go.. Hopefully this helps some people - If performance changes, Update your drivers.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

https://www.amd.com/en/support

hey Sly,

I'm in a similar boat. As of either Monday or Sunday, the game is unplayable... it appears linked to Glass, picking up Objects. They cause FPS to drop down to unplayable levels.

My computers specs are solid, but I think it's linked to either Graphics Drivers, or some Shaders/Filters used in game. My CPU right now is 4%, but GPU is 99% with less than 5FPS.

Computer specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800x

64GB Memory

M.2 SSD

GTX980 Ti <-- Due for replacement I know... but support for these should still be present?

1980x1080@144Hz Monitor

Windows 10 - Fresh install as of last week - was fine for a few days.

It's that bad right now that I'll probably give up on the game until I'm able to get my hands on a new Graphics card.