Beta test math error in program...

Stormfire962

Since doing the beta testing thus far I have noticed a math area in game when it comes to the resources.  It you have more than 1 unit of refined org it always display more then 10 numbers to the right of the decimal point.  This in my opinion will create mass problem with everything done in the game since it will create unnecessary over calculation in the game and will put a strain on the servers database.  I believe this is where most of the server lag is coming from and why there are so many invalid parameters occurring.  In addition, I see no reason why any item in game needs to go beyond the whole number.  This game does need to be treat like rocket science since it is intended to be fun and not work.  

11 hours ago, Stormfire962 said:

Since doing the beta testing thus far I have noticed a math area in game when it comes to the resources.  It you have more than 1 unit of refined org it always display more then 10 numbers to the right of the decimal point.  This in my opinion will create mass problem with everything done in the game since it will create unnecessary over calculation in the game and will put a strain on the servers database.  I believe this is where most of the server lag is coming from and why there are so many invalid parameters occurring.  In addition, I see no reason why any item in game needs to go beyond the whole number.  This game does need to be treat like rocket science since it is intended to be fun and not work.  

Resources need to be treated as fractions, since there are Talents which let your industry require less of a thing to produce a batch. Floating Point calculations aren't the killer they used to be for compute, and databases tend to be more strongly impacted by the number of data points held than by the data size of those entries. It won't have the impact you suspect.

Some people have fun crunching the numbers to get things optimised "just right". Happens in all MMOs. Doesn't mean you have to, though.