controls setup

Guest PonkKastle

Guest PonkKastle

so, just started the game last night, and totally digging the vibe of the game. the voiced tutorial is a great and refreshing touch. i have one qualm though with the process, and perhaps its just me, but i constantly am finding that i have to go into my settings and assign a secondary control so that i can operate my gamepad. this brings me to my first issue. and again perhaps it is just me, but when i got to program in my thumbsticks it is only registering a negative value on the axis. this is preventing me from using them at all which is kinda a game breaker for me as this is my preffered method of control and i find it quite frustrating to do it any other way. 

this has me thinking and i had an idea. since the narrative is that we are pretty much controlling a doll with our conciousness in it, why not have us "callibrate" our controls by forcing us to assign them ourselves and then test that they are working at each step. it would allow us to set a manual control scheme to our own individual liking. perhaps give us the option to choose fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffrom the standard wasd setup or to do it maunally through a spoken tutorial