Trouble building, please help

Guest McFear

Guest McFear

After doing all the intro tutorials I got to mining and refining on my lot but when I decided to start building a static base I realized I had no idea how to start building it.

after entering build mode where I placed a container and my respawn pad I could not for the life of me figure out how to start building walls or floors with the honeycomb materials I’d crafted. None of the tools would construct anything no matter what I did, none of the materials could be used with anything I tried. I was having fun right up until I was completely stopped by something that seems like it should be fundamentally obvious in this game.

the only helpful video online is of building a ship and it’s using an interface from an earlier build of the game and nothing I did resulted in being able to build the way the video showed.

can someone please try to be helpful and point out the obvious thing I’m missing or make a quick tutorial video showing how you make a cube house with a door and a window? NDA is lifted right?