having fun so far, not what i expected but its early i guess. just gona brain dump some stuff here. been playing mmo's for 20+ years.
1) Was constantly out of nanopack space. While crafting the basics for making cargo containers, which takes to long i was harvesting the rocks around me. i was constantly full from harvesting and waiting for stuff to build while having a full inv. only option was to alt tab out for a bit and do other stuff while waiting. The Balance here is off. either speed up the crafting of the xs and maybe s cargo containers.
2) First core i built was a dynamic xs, by mistake. had a load of cargo containers attached to it. ( attempt at base platform) when i realised the error i made a S static core and discovered i wouldnt find a way to change my base platform construct to a static, so i started building a new one. I then discovered that i couldnt move the M cargo container i bought to the new static platform base. or delete it and recover it.
I think we need to be able to move plaved elements between constructs.
3) imho the game needs a starting path that isnt 100% forced to build and design stuff. In eve for example, most ppl do build but they dont start that way. exploration and combat against npc's should have a little more focus and a possible route to get into the game without becomming an Architect first. maybe ive misunderstood the intentions of the game but i thought it was a bit more "no mans sky" than "space engineers" more progression options = much larger potential player base. As is now, its a game for hardcore builders looking for complexity. ofc its early yet.
4) risk vs reward. remember the first time you played minecraft, the sun goes down and you franticly start trying to build shelter from everything that goes bump in the night, to then step outside at dawn and hear Ssssssssss Boom! the game needs more survival elements imho, food, drink, water , air. Dangerous NPC's to keep you on edge. compared to what you guys have achieved so far, it wouldnt be hard to implement. and AI npc's can provide a pathway for the explorers, fighters, traders to make a living and progress.
5) Consider adding a Qualirt of ore / material, that flows through to quality levels of produced elements that affect the stats of the element. adds a whole new level of gameplay in finding the best possible quality of materials to make the best quality gear. which will help the builders differentiate their wares from their competitors and allow "Brands" yes i played SWG 😛
nice job so far, espcially with the precision aspects of the code. but maybe needs a bit more time spent on "what will make it fun"