Ship Commissions mini-game / PvE content suggestion.

AfroDan91

So I was reading reddit threads talking about PvE content and the lack of. Which gave me an idea for a mini-game like feature you could implement to give people who don't want to mine something to do. 

The idea goes something like this. 

The game gets landing pads on each planet, like the markets currently are. (they will be protected like markets.)

The market sells something via bots called "commission station" this is a blueprint of a small landing pad and a kiosk or market like screen. 

This can only be placed on your own hex on Sanctuary (this stops it being deployed to close to the destination and keeps things as fair as possible in terms of distance.)

When deployed the screen can be interacted with which gives a list of Dev created commissions. 

These commissions could be like:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commander (insert name here) is looking for a new design for a land speeder please submit your designs to the Landing pad at(insert pad here). he will pay 50kQ + (average market cost of required parts) Specifications to follow:

2x XS Hover Engines

1x M Stabiliser 

The rest is up to you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pirate king (insert name) is looking for a hybrid dogfighter design for his group. He will pay handsomely but it needs to be delivered to (planet out side of safe zone) within 1 week. 100kQ + (average market cost of required parts)  Specifications to follow:

2x L Space Engines

4x L Rockets

2x M Lasers

1x M Radar

150m² of Black Aluminium 

When completed you fly your newly created ship to one of the Landing pads, tokenise it and interact with a terminal there. This terminal will access the ship handed in has the required parts and pay accordingly. 

EDIT you also get to keep a blueprint of the ship you made. 

Pros:

• A good starting point for a fun way of ship builders to get ideas as the commissions could be as crazy or a minimal as the devs like.
  • This could also be a method of community engagement as the devs could run special ones for a particular time period after which they could award prizes to the best looking ship. 
  • This could be integrated as part of the tutorial in ship building.
  • This could help kick start and stimulate the market with new commissions being added by the devs to help the trade of specific elements.
  • It can help new players earn money and learn about ship building knowing they will get their money back +more.
  • It will hopefully encourage other new players to build their own industry to keep their costs down. 
  • The place-able commission station can help new players start their base off. 
  • Non-functioning but qualifying designs can be docked to carriers to bring to landing pads 
  • Money/item sink to help with inflation
  • potential progression system with commissions depending on others being completed first as a show of skill to other potential buyers. 

Cons:

• Money coming into the game can inflate prices 
  • some pads on unsafe planets might be camp-able.
  • Many more I haven't thought of.

Let me know what you guys think. I reckon this is a good idea and I can't see to many faults with this that would be present in any other system 

Edited by AfroDan91
updated feature