Lateral movement inside a construct?

Kurock

However, in order to call it down, NQ has to add "remote control", so we can call an elevator from a floor as well, without tee pad being a part of the elevator's construct.

Naa, burner pads man. Use it once then throw it away.

...can we have player controlled intercoms (with a text to speech system or that uses an actual player voice), perhaps radio, satellite communications that could be terrestrial or between ships etc.

This was discussed in another thread in great detail, I believe it was called : In-Game Voice.

I will post the link when I find it.

Edit: here it is: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/9889-in-game-voice/?view=findpost&p=30748&hl=%2Bin-game+%2Bvoice

Also, a quick search revealed several other threads with similar topics, so you might want to check those out too. :)

However, in order to call it down, NQ has to add "remote control", so we can call an elevator from a floor as well, without tee pad being a part of the elevator's construct.

What if there was a way to make it designed so that when the player steps away from the engine, it slowly sinks down and then a 2nd elevator that is designed to float up when not told to float down. One elevator could help people get up and one to help people get down. 

What if there was a way to make it designed so that when the player steps away from the engine, it slowly sinks down and then a 2nd elevator that is designed to float up when not told to float down. One elevator could help people get up and one to help people get down. 

Still, it doesn't solve the problem for in-between floors. This would work only for a two floor elevator, which is redundant, given you could have the ancient technology know as stairs to circumvent the whole issue :P

I mean, if a skyscraper was to be built with 30 floors, then it would need 60 elevators to reach all floors. It's not worth it at that point to make a skyscraper.

Still, it doesn't solve the problem for in-between floors. This would work only for a two floor elevator, which is redundant, given you could have the ancient technology know as stairs to circumvent the whole issue :P

I mean, if a skyscraper was to be built with 30 floors, then it would need 60 elevators to reach all floors. It's not worth it at that point to make a skyscraper.

Yeah, good point. With LUA though, someone is bound to make it possible. Wonder if you can link multiple controllers to a single engine.....

Yeah, good point. With LUA though, someone is bound to make it possible. Wonder if you can link multiple controllers to a single engine.....

Multiple is irrelevant. Control Units that are not part of the Consturct is the real missing link. I haven't seen the Devs discussing it, so, we can only wait. :P

Powered ziplines? That'd probably useful for any direction.

He yeah, a bit clumsy though. :P

NQ has talked about building skyscrapers and shown some in the E3 trailer, they must have thought about elevators at some point.

The upper building limit on a planet is 1km, imagine having to run up and down all day long. Although I'm sure the penthouse will have a private landingpad.

Whelp. An elevator is an element. There is that sorted then. Or is it?

I'm not sure, its possible that we need to slap a whole bunch of elements together and then call it an elevator.

I'm pretty sure I wont figure out how to script a multiple call network. But I've seen some crazy minecraft stuff on youtube.