Free Lancers and Squires

Hello all

I am in the process of building a network of Orgs built to help make a region of space a bit more livable. The first two I've built are the Free Lancers and the Squires, but there will be more to come.

The Free Lancers are a mercenary organization geared towards the PVP aspects of the game, but are not just soldiers of fortune. Free Lancers will independently pursue contracts in Defense, Law Enforcement, and War, and will do so in accordance with territorial law (within reason). Working together with orgs like the Terran Union, the Free Lancers will help keep outer colonies safe for a profit and will be a great home for anyone who wants to get in on some space battles without mindlessly griefing or piracy. As the allied orgs tied to the Free Lancers continue to grow, there may be entire colonies affiliated with these organizations, so there will be plenty of opportunities for work that directly assists your neighbors.

The Squires will work closely with the Free Lancers, mining and providing refined goods on a monthly basis in-exchange for a DAC. The Free Lancers themselves will have the option to take on Squires to provide the goods needed to keep their ships and bases running. Each Squire can take on one contract per month, for a fairly large quantity of material harvested in a legal way, in exchange for that Squire's monthly subscription. This org is geared towards players that don't want to spend a monthly amount to pay the game, and don't mind putting in a few hours to cover it. These contracts will be negotiated in a way that it will be a better deal for the Squire than trying to sell their ore for in-game currency and work the market for a DAC, and far less hassle. In the future, allied orgs such as the Terran Union may even opt to take on Squires if there is enough demand. Since this contract structure is designed to cover the subscription for these players, they cannot take on more than one of these contracts per 30 days.

I plan to develop an organization for Research & Development, another for Colonization, and eventually a New Player Recruitment and Training organization that will effectively serve as a charity, creating "tutorial" contracts for new players to help teach them the ropes, get them enough items to become stable, and funnel them into the Squires, Colonization, Freelancers, or an allied org depending on their play style.

(and yes, I'll be re-working the logos)