The universal space station cooperative.

Malicious

So I was thinking that eventually, regardless of Org versus Org (OvO) or PvP, we as a community should come together and set aside difference for the betterment of the Universe and create the largest space station as a 100% neutral and conflict free zone the Universe has ever seen. This would be the largest cooperative and would require hundreds of designers, builders and scripters. This of course would be far into the future after game launch and originations are well established but I believe this would be very doable and highly beneficial to everyone. Within the Universal Space Station (USS) there would be everything you could imagine including but not limited to:

1. Markets. Both standard and black markets.

2. Banks for item and currency storage.

3. Libraries for people to share designs, scripts and blueprints.

4.Think Tanks where players can share and bounce Ideas off one another to help the betterment of all mankind.

5. Negotiation areas where conflicting Orgs can discuss treaties in a safe and neutral area without worrying of ambushes.

Just to name a few. If you like this idea and would like to participate or just have some ideas please comment and share your thoughts.

Only he wants to make it planet based. And from what I've read, it would be completely chaotic and a war zone with no absolute direction. This is aimed towards betterment whereas his idea is for people to do whatever they want "without the prying eyes of organizations." even though there is nothing to stop orgs from spying. This cooperative isn't a broadsided idea rather a very specific vision of sovereignty, peace and advancement as a whole and with rules so that we can create a community that will help build the best universe we can.

Cool idea.

One way of doing this would be to create an organization of the name of the space station and sign treaties of non aggression with all big organizations.

Then create a rule (is it possible with TU in space?) that all the people that want to board must first sign the treaty and would not be able to fire any weapon in the controlled area. Of course the space station would also have a protection bubble for exterior attacks (in case some pirate differ with the NAT)

black markets

What's that supposed to be? Yes, I'm familiar with the concept of a black market, but what would such a thing entail in a game like this?

Such a station would likely have to heavily invest into 24/7 security btw, but I agree it would be really sweet if people could pull it off.

What's that supposed to be? Yes, I'm familiar with the concept of a black market, but what would such a thing entail in a game like this?

I guess trade without taxes (hand to hand trades) with people being physically there to exchange goods and information with high level of secrecy.

So I was thinking that eventually, regardless of Org versus Org (OvO) or PvP, we as a community should come together and set aside difference for the betterment of the Universe and create the largest space station as a 100% neutral and conflict free zone the Universe has ever seen. This would be the largest cooperative and would require hundreds of designers, builders and scripters. This of course would be far into the future after game launch and originations are well established but I believe this would be very doable and highly beneficial to everyone. Within the Universal Space Station (USS) there would be everything you could imagine including but not limited to:

1. Markets. Both standard and black markets.

2. Banks for item and currency storage.

3. Libraries for people to share designs, scripts and blueprints.

4.Think Tanks where players can share and bounce Ideas off one another to help the betterment of all mankind.

5. Negotiation areas where conflicting Orgs can discuss treaties in a safe and neutral area without worrying of ambushes.

Just to name a few. If you like this idea and would like to participate or just have some ideas please comment and share your thoughts.

It's the kind of place that would be a terrorist target, I guess. But good idea. Ambassadors' meetings and big assemblies.

I don't mean to be Debbie downer here, but if multiple organizations are planning the same thing already, then you'll have to reconcile all those people and get them working together if you want to succeed.

This idea would probably be more successful if there was a single person in charge that everyone trusted to run the thing fairly, like Chribba in EVE. Otherwise there will always be something to gain for someone by messing with the project, starting a competing industry, etc.

I don't mean to be Debbie downer here, but if multiple organizations are planning the same thing already, then you'll have to reconcile all those people and get them working together if you want to succeed.

This idea would probably be more successful if there was a single person in charge that everyone trusted to run the thing fairly, like Chribba in EVE. Otherwise there will always be something to gain for someone by messing with the project, starting a competing industry, etc.

It's very simple. Natural selection or common sense, almost.

If different people want very much the same but split up, they each better not complain about tougher struggles or not going anywhere compared to them all (or most of them anyway) teaming up to achieve something.

You want something major in a timely manner, you better calculate with several dozens of people at least.

Who would retain ownership of such a station?

As for quite some time within the game, there will be no way to actually own territory in space, no one would have ownership of such a station until an organization controlled a very large part of the planet that the station orbits or indeed the cluster of planets within the system. As such it would be the case that a council, either independent or comprised of all the contributing organizations was formed, to allow permission to edit within the section of the station that they have constructed. 

You can't make any assumptions based on people being either rational or cooperative. The months between launch and when we'll first be in a position to build space stations is plenty of time for rivalries and animosity to grow. Do you actually expect us to believe that you'll stand by and do nothing while your arch enemy organization builds a grand space station and profits off of it "because its good for the game?"

Maybe I'm a horrible cynic, but in my experience people are not like that, especially in a video game.

You can't make any assumptions based on people being either rational or cooperative. The months between launch and when we'll first be in a position to build space stations is plenty of time for rivalries and animosity to grow. Do you actually expect us to believe that you'll stand by and do nothing while your arch enemy organization builds a grand space station and profits off of it "because its good for the game?"

Maybe I'm a horrible cynic, but in my experience people are not like that, especially in a video game.

If we assume space will indeed be vast while the game attracts many players, you don't really have to a lot as you can build an alternative in space. But at this point, "splitting up" would be reasonable.

It's not always logical to split up and try to do everything yourself if there's basically the same or almost same idea already present, perhaps even with more people. For example if the idea is "Let's build a space station for traders in the XY system" (almost same idea, almost same place) in two groups that have no problems with each other, then teaming up would be better than separate shows.

But being cynic or similar is justified. There'll be enough rivalries and whatnot by then - there apparently already are to some extend so it can just get worse, not better on average.

As far as ownership, what if there was a "master core" that automatically controlled all of the sub-cores that were used to construct the station? Obviously the respective owners of those cores would have to relinquish their claim to them for this to happen. If they refused, hopefully there would be enough other organizations that really want to see this work, that they could pressure the rebellious individual/organization into doing it.

This "master core" would be the property of an organization that has established a reputation for itself as being neutral. The "Switzerland" of the multiverse, if you will. B)

Enforcing the no-weapons treaty wouldn't be that hard either. I mentioned in another thread that I thought it would be cool if NQ created sensors that are designed to detect weapon-system activation. Not just weapon fire, but being able to know when the system comes on-line. You could put lots of automatic defense weapons on the station, plus those sensors. Whenever someone powers up their weapons within the safe-zone, the defense weapons in that area would also activate and aim at the potential offender. They wouldn't actually fire unless the targeted ship(s) fired first, but if they did......bye-bye bad guy!

This would also help the station reserve power, since a relatively small number of sensors would be needed to scan a given sector, while there might be 30 defense guns in the same area. You could put all those energy-hungry weapons into "sleep" mode until they are actually needed. :) 

As Cybrex has stated. . . we have something in the works, although we are always glad to talk about future, potential employment opportunities. 

What we are planning as of the moment is a trade hub similar to what Jita 4-4 is to EvE Online - the station has already been designed in 3ds Max - although its just a grey model. For now we are planning on having 1500 docking hangars with attached offices that "anyone" can rent out. You do not have to be in the Alliance to be able to use this station, we want it accessible to any and all, even pirates - long as you behave. . . "cough Cybrex cough"

Each hangar and office will have a market unit in it attached to the network so you can add and take items from the market without having to traverse the station. On a side note - once more information is available on ship transactions "this will be updated," as there is little information supporting anything on this yet.

We also want to make the station a place where anyone can go to meet new people, find a job, join a corporation, buy and sell goods, or become involved in politics. 

As for station defenses all I can say is this; It will be very very well defended - remember to turn your gun security locks on before coming to the station. Any damage you cause to corporate or private property WILL place you as RED status with us, meaning any and all assets you have on station will be seized and you will be barred from ever docking, let alone approaching the station ever again. 

Should you have any further questions on this feel free to contact us. . . We will be glad to answer any questions that you may have!

While not necessarily a space station, Emberstone will be a collective cooperative endeavor by all of the member organizations and citizens of the Cinderfall Syndicate. Emberstone is planned to be a newbie welcome area on Alioth beyond the scope of the Arkship Secure Area, where new players to to Dual Universe will be able to orient themselves, find their bearings, and generally learn how to DU. In addition, markets areas, residential districts, social plazas, and other facilities will provide plenty to do while players take their first steps around Dual Universe.

Plans have been drawn up to prepare for the construction of the city. This will be a completely neutral, but high security area where anyone (even those not part of the Cinderfall Syndicate) is free to enter and peacefully use the city's services, but will not be able to engage in aggressive behavior outside of designated PVP areas.

Don't hesitate to contact us with a PM or at Cinderfalls Discord server with questions or concerns! We're always happy to chat.

Kurock

CSYN Chief of Development

While not necessarily a space station, Emberstone will be a collective cooperative endeavor by all of the member organizations and citizens of the Cinderfall Syndicate. Emberstone is planned to be a newbie welcome area on Alioth beyond the scope of the Arkship Secure Area, where new players to to Dual Universe will be able to orient themselves, find their bearings, and generally learn how to DU. In addition, markets areas, residential districts, social plazas, and other facilities will provide plenty to do while players take their first steps around Dual Universe.

Plans have been drawn up to prepare for the construction of the city. This will be a completely neutral, but high security area where anyone (even those not part of the Cinderfall Syndicate) is free to enter and peacefully use the city's services, but will not be able to engage in aggressive behavior outside of designated PVP areas.

Don't hesitate to contact us with a PM or at Cinderfalls Discord server with questions or concerns! We're always happy to chat.

Kurock

CSYN Chief of Development

I would be interested in assisting in this kind of endeavor. Also, I'd be interested in forming some contracts and "missions" to serve as a tutorial for new players, where experienced players can effectively mentor them through some of the game's processes. (this kind of thing was super helpful in Space Engineers, which was very intimidating for a new player).

I would be interested in assisting in this kind of endeavor. Also, I'd be interested in forming some contracts and "missions" to serve as a tutorial for new players, where experienced players can effectively mentor them through some of the game's processes. (this kind of thing was super helpful in Space Engineers, which was very intimidating for a new player).

Please feel free to send me a PM. (It appears your inbox is overflowing). Emberstone will be no small task, so the more aid in its creation the better it will be for all.

Please feel free to send me a PM. (It appears your inbox is overflowing). Emberstone will be no small task, so the more aid in its creation the better it will be for all.

Well yeah it should be overflowing. He has not less than 4 orgs to himself. I wouldn't have thought to do that meself. Even one is hard to come up with...