fuel ship to ship transfer

FUELRAT

• 3 months later...

Me too. I can't see it not being possible though.

I mean, every ship needs a fuel holding tank, (or battery, if you can make electric ships,) a way to get the fuel into the ship, and a way to get the fuel from the tank to the engines.

All the refuel ship needs is access to a vacuum-sealed fuel port. (But it sounds like you probably already know this stuff. :) )

Obviously there are challenges in making it happen, but would love to see this in the game!

It doesn't need to be actual liquid moving. Hook up one tank to another with a pipe, turn on the pump, and as long as they're connected one tank's numbers go down and the other's goes up. If the hose breaks or something malfunctions or one side blows up, just stop the numbers changing.

"

For the time being, the ship system is going to be liquid fuel based. The "H2 Gas" symbol on the fuel tank in the video below is obvious. As Captain Twerk said, however, it's nothing to pay too much attention to. I must note that there will be mechanics tied to fuel tanks. According to JC: 

"

...different engines will need different fuel types. So this is one example. You will have to factor the weight of the fuel tank when designing the ship and make trade-offs between autonomy and speed for example.

Skip to 04:23.

It is interesting that he doesn't mention fuel, but fuel tanks. Whether or not, you will be able to refuel mid-flight is more in the negative for the Alpha and possibly the Beta phase. But, it is safe to say -- in my opinion -- that refuelling avoids the need to disassemble parts of your ship.

"

"

For the time being, the ship system is going to be liquid fuel based. The "H2 Gas" symbol on the fuel tank in the video below is obvious. As Captain Twerk said, however, it's nothing to pay too much attention to. I must note that there will be mechanics tied to fuel tanks. According to JC: 

"

...different engines will need different fuel types. So this is one example. You will have to factor the weight of the fuel tank when designing the ship and make trade-offs between autonomy and speed for example.

Skip to 04:23.

It is interesting that he doesn't mention fuel, but fuel tanks. Whether or not, you will be able to refuel mid-flight is more in the negative for the Alpha and possibly the Beta phase. But, it is safe to say -- in my opinion -- that refuelling avoids the need to disassemble parts of your ship.

"

I think the OP asked for if we can build a refuelling ship, similar to how Capacitor Transfer works in EVE, only you extend a fuel hose, etcetera.

Also, out of their twitter account : 

Cmn7kMLWIAAujDT.jpg

3D version : http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.www.novaquark.com/marmoset/Pipes.html

So yeah, these are the pipelines, or more like, electron relays??? Regardless, if you people also have questions as of why there wil lbe multicrew need, one of said pipes / electron relays, has a monitor for adjastments.