WHAT ONLINE GAME DID YOU COME FROM?

RagenTerror

EverQuest (Alpha/Beta Tested 2 expansions) ; Star Trek Online(Beta Tested) ; DC Universe ; Champions(Beta Tested) ; City of Heros/Villans ; Dungeons & Dragons Online ; Neverwinter ; Star Wars Galaxies ; Star Wars: Old Republic  and a list of other nonMMO games that is too long to list

Cinaed de Eden OL

Hmm, not sure how to shortly sum up 20 years of MMO experience starting with Ultima Online :-)

Some of those MMOs or multiplayer games where I spent most of the time probably: Ultima Online, Ragnarok Online, WoW, EVE Online, Diablo 2 & 3, Secret World, Skyforge and WoT for years and countless of other games for weeks or months at most. In past year I spent a lot of time in World of Warships which is great game.

Currently looking forward to: DU, SC, Albion Online, Lineage: Eternal, Lost Ark Online (international)

World of Warships​ is a quick and dirty addiction.  10 minutes here, 10 minutes there.  Lots of fun! 

EVE was the complete opposite...its was a full time job. :P

The only online game that I've been playing for any length of time in recent years is Elite: Dangerous.

The only proper MMO that didn't lose me within a month and kept me coming back instead was Wurm Online. It's the only thing I've ever played that attempted something similar to Dual Universe, only not with a sci-fi space opera theme, but instead in a medieval dark fantasy setting. The first players got dropped into a vast, unexplored wilderness and had to build civilization from scratch. It's the only MMO I've ever played that gave me a true sense of adventure and wonder, there are no decorative backdrops without purpose; every cottage, town, castle, cave or ruin you stumble upon has a history and is there for a reason, exploring with friends or alone is dangerous and exciting, building your first primitive cottage somewhere in the woods feels like a real achievement.

The game feels really antiquated now: It has barely any animations, most things are just represented in the form of text; the game feels more like a MUD with an advanced graphical interface than a modern MMORPG. But it always provided a unique experience that I hope DU will be able to replicate in a sci-fi setting with modern technology and good  old  new voxels.

The game is still online and has a surprising number of still active players. Be warned if you want to check it out, the game pace is absolutely glacial, it's very grindy and punishing. Last time I checked there was free trial period with skill caps on your character.

The only online game that I've been playing for any length of time in recent years is Elite: Dangerous.

The only proper MMO that didn't lose me within a month and kept me coming back instead was Wurm Online. It's the only thing I've ever played that attempted something similar to Dual Universe, only not with a sci-fi space opera theme, but instead in a medieval dark fantasy setting. The first players got dropped into a vast, unexplored wilderness and had to build civilization from scratch. It's the only MMO I've ever played that gave me a true sense of adventure and wonder, there are no decorative backdrops without purpose; every cottage, town, castle, cave or ruin you stumble upon has a history and is there for a reason, exploring with friends or alone is dangerous and exciting, building your first primitive cottage somewhere in the woods feels like a real achievement.

The game feels really antiquated now: It has barely any animations, most things are just represented in the form of text; the game feels more like a MUD with an advanced graphical interface than a modern MMORPG. But it always provided a unique experience that I hope DU will be able to replicate in a sci-fi setting with modern technology and good  old  new voxels.

The game is still online and has a surprising number of still active players. Be warned if you want to check it out, the game pace is absolutely glacial, it's very grindy and punishing. Last time I checked there was free trial period with skill caps on your character.

Elite dangerous, I've seen the update 2.2 is coming... So basically it's all inside-ship in that game? I wouldn't play a sci-fi game with only the possibility to be into the ship, so limited.

Elite dangerous, I've seen the update 2.2 is coming... So basically it's all inside-ship in that game? I wouldn't play a sci-fi game with only the possibility to be into the ship, so limited.

Space legs are a feature planned for future expansions. It's going to be interesting how they'll handle it, since the game lore doesn't feature artificial gravity (which is why all the larger space stations are rotating). Personally I'm not expecting walking being a thing in Elite before 2018 at the earliest, they'll probably want to add atmospheric planets first.

It's also going to be interesting if / how they'll make walking VR-friendly; Elite Dangerous is currently pretty much the poster child of the fledgling home VR market, they probably wouldn't want to lose that status if they can help it.

I start playing in 1993. I like strategies, RPG, flight simulators. I'm not bad in shooters, but don't like them :).

In 2010 I begin to play MMORPG games.

World Of Warcraft (farming, dungeons and raids)

EVE: Online (missions, PvE, Mining, PI, production and research)

Minecraft (just building and surviving)

Elite:Dangerous (mining, hauling, trading, missions).

I'm looking for friends from Canada or Ukraine and going to play DU.

Space legs are a feature planned for future expansions. It's going to be interesting how they'll handle it, since the game lore doesn't feature artificial gravity (which is why all the larger space stations are rotating). Personally I'm not expecting walking being a thing in Elite before 2018 at the earliest, they'll probably want to add atmospheric planets first.

It's also going to be interesting if / how they'll make walking VR-friendly; Elite Dangerous is currently pretty much the poster child of the fledgling home VR market, they probably wouldn't want to lose that status if they can help it.

I heard that game was purely about extensions every year like WOW pushing you to pay a lot. Yeah well VR on DU should be awesome.

bruh im from eve online too im the ceo of the corporation NECROM0NGERS dont know if youve heard of us but im IMMORTAL WAR HERO in dust we were 3rd in the game lifetime kills for awhile lol

nope, never heard of you