WHAT ONLINE GAME DID YOU COME FROM?

RagenTerror

Greetings :D

Just thought I'd see what kind of online games you ladies and gents are migrating from (or planning play at the same time for the masochists).

I'll happily start.

I'm from EVE Online, retired about 2 years back, played since it's beta before that. 

I loved the complexity in that game, the politics, comradery and coming back from the brink. 

Things got dull in the end when ISK becomes meaningless (I'm a type of player that rarely finishes a game and enjoys the struggle).

I love the extra freedom the vision of this game promises. 

All the best!  :)  

This is a tough one for me to answer, because I've sampled so many games.

Primarily I would say I am a Minecraft player. I'm part of a private server, but also participated in a variety of modded and unmodded servers, some with pvp/civilization gameplay and some without.

However some other games I have a great deal of experience with that would be relevant would be Space Engineers, Rust, Eve, World of Warcraft, Terraria, Spore, Halo 5's Forge feature, and Everquest (classic). They were all great games, they each have some flaws, and they all scratch different itches for me.

I'm hoping that DU will scratch most of my itches all at once, and from what it looks like so far it lacks my least favorite mechanics from most of the games I've already described.

Most of the virtual worlds that have builders and DJs--Second Life, Utherverse, etc....
MMOs--Lord of the Rings Online, Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy, The Secret World, EVE.

The last 2+ years--building in Landmark off and on   :)

Involved in Revival until the plug was pulled.

- SL (5years)

- Minecraft (5 years till now)

- DCUO (4 years till now)

- ESO (3 years till now)

- Arma (10 years till now)

- FFXIV (2years)

- Natural Selection (14 years till now)

- Team Forteress (20 years till now)

- 7 days to Die (3 years till now)

- CS

- DOD

NMS has an online component. Now, if you had said multiplayer games...

Online component without multiplayer code? Erm..... ;)

Anyway, my most-played-online-game-ever was...I guess World of Warcraft. But I've played most of other online AAA games on the market (some MMOs like EVE-Online, Everquest, Rift; there were some online shooters too, some RTS games, well, generally plenty of that), since for some time I've been a game reviewer too. DId I mention I played Landmark too? ;)))

Hmm, not sure how to shortly sum up 20 years of MMO experience starting with Ultima Online :-)

Some of those MMOs or multiplayer games where I spent most of the time probably: Ultima Online, Ragnarok Online, WoW, EVE Online, Diablo 2 & 3, Secret World, Skyforge and WoT for years and countless of other games for weeks or months at most. In past year I spent a lot of time in World of Warships which is great game.

Currently looking forward to: DU, SC, Albion Online, Lineage: Eternal, Lost Ark Online (international)

A long time ago, Runescape

SL, where I do sci fi RP (including Gor until I developed PTSD) and medi/fantasy RP and building spaceships. Oh, and ERP when I get bored, lol.

WoW, where I'm an orc tank, primarily.

Entropia Universe, where I run a space taxi service.

Star Citizen recently - I'll be a cargo hauler/smuggler and general freelancer once the mechanics for those are in place (SC is in alpha atm)

I'm planning a ship for SL that will fly like a DU ship (instead of using SL's vehicle functions) as proof of concept in preparation for building in DU.

Well I have played many but the ones I played for any substantial amount of time was Everquest, SWTOR, and Eve Online.  Eve by far was the longest I played any MMO ... including 2 years straight not playing any other game ... now log on play for a bit and then take a break ... like I am right now with Eve. 

I have never played WoW. I'm not a Battlefield, Arma, or CoD guy but the first online game that I spent hundreds of hours on was Counter Strike back in the day.  More recently Ghost in a Shell got my attention for a while. Played many many FTP games to mention.

DU looks like it will be the game that trumps all in terms of longevity and consistently playing for me.

The first MMO I ever played was Everquest and man I loved that game.  I also later played Anarchy Online, World of Warcraft, a little bit of Eve, mostly logging on just to train up skills, and I played Dust514 on PS3.  I also played Runescape way back when.  I am currently waiting on Albion Online and Star Citizen.  Star Citizen is where I heard about this game.