Voxel Element Blueprints

wizardoftrash

Devs mentioned that there would be 2 kinds of Elements in the game, Functional Elements such as thrusters, territory units, power units, crates etc, and Voxel Elements, which are player-built complex shapes that are intended to make building easier.

This novel concept, Voxel Elements that is, is the kind of thing that will make building consistent and elegant designs feasible in the long run. The idea is you can create a voxel shape or design, save it, and be able to paste it onto a ship or structure you are building so that you don't need to re-create each pattern or shape from scratch using the voxel sculpting tools. For example, if I were to create a curved and flattened S-shape using the sphere tool, slicing a flattened section of it, subtracting parts of it also with a sphere etc, I'd be able to save the resulting complex shape and use it as a repeated motif.

Question is, would these Voxel Elements be stored as blueprints, and if so, be sellable?

I built a really sweet looking column. Not a whole building, just a column. I'd be able to sell the column as a voxel element and/or a blueprint for it. I'd be able to sell design packages for dwarven or elven-looking designs. Sweet sweet possibilities there.

thoughts?

It all depends on how much a blueprint would cost to make, or if it would cost to make them at all. This would determine if it's cost effective or not.

If it's a simple voxel shape then would anyone want to buy it anyway?

If it is free to make players will just create the voxel shape themselves, then create the blueprint to reuse for whatever they want.

It all depends on how much a blueprint would cost to make, or if it would cost to make them at all. This would determine if it's cost effective or not.

If it's a simple voxel shape then would anyone want to buy it anyway?

If it is free to make players will just create the voxel shape themselves, then create the blueprint to reuse for whatever they want.

Not sure how the blueprinting process works, but after s player builds a construct from scratch, they get a master blueprint for that cobstruct. Not sure if blueprint copies will cost anythinf to make, perhapse nit

Well what if it was not a simple shape, but a very complex one, like a very detailed wing or a modular part of a skyscraper. It would be kinda slick to be able to make blueprints for parts of desings instead of just whole constructs.

functional elements and decorative elements you mean?

none will be voxels

http://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Builder_Guide

Check out the sub-heading "Voxel Elements" under the heading "Elements" which is what I'm trying to discuss. 

your answer is in your question

you are quite out of rare species

stay like that, otherwise there will be not much to instinct in that universe

https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2016/02/20/builder-gameplay-voxel-tools-elements/

:lol:  You are hilarious

It talks about saving voxel elements in a library, but nothing about blueprinting or selling them.

~probably one of those "you'll have to wait and see" situations

:lol:  You are hilarious

It talks about saving voxel elements in a library, but nothing about blueprinting or selling them.

~probably one of those "you'll have to wait and see" situations

really? you didnt understand? i cant help you sorry

what do you think blueprints are for? 

google the definition of blueprint maybe

its not the same definition as pokeball i can tell you

really? you didnt understand? i cant help you sorry

what do you think blueprints are for? 

google the definition of blueprint maybe

its not the same definition as pokeball i can tell you

:lol: oh you

I get what you're saying wizardoftrash. From what I understand, absolutely. If you can build a construct which is made of voxels + elements and blueprint it and sell it, I don't see why you can't do it with a construct of just voxels.

I agree. I think it would be interesting if you could apply this blueprint to an already existing construct. You could just slap down column after column, instead of painstakingly sculpting each and every one.

I get what you're saying wizardoftrash. From what I understand, absolutely. If you can build a construct which is made of voxels + elements and blueprint it and sell it, I don't see why you can't do it with a construct of just voxels.

I agree. I think it would be interesting if you could apply this blueprint to an already existing construct. You could just slap down column after column, instead of painstakingly sculpting each and every one.

but this isnt new, and official for a long time

blueprint is given name for any saved creations

available from 1 voxel, with or without elements attached

This would allow ship and structure designers to sell blueprints for designs without disclosing sensitive military information of the way their own constructs are built.

I love to build, but I'm also excited about the prospect of Org vs org warfare. I'd love to make some very fancy looking ships, buildings, or parts of them without giving opposing military factions tactical information on where key elements are located, where TU's are located, and what the stats of my finished versions are actually like completed.

Though this next bit is not strictly related to Voxel Element Blueprints, a player could instead develop civilian versions of the military crafts and structures that use different parts in a different configuration. They would look similar, but would not disclose military secrets.