Reputation system/Curriculum Vitae

Blacksythe

Interesting thing on the personal side although this can also be done outside the game.

Sure but if it was in the game, more people would use it, it would be easier to manage and information would be more accurate, thus pushing the players to engage more in the "ask around" reputation system.

Also it shouldn't be too costly in development time to implement.

No your right on that a "personal log system" that also has a search function would be awesome it could even be done client side of the game. If this was a third option out of the 3 proposed here i would still choose option 2 (CV) or a combination of option 2 and 3

Pfew, that was quite a bit to read.

My personal idea is that I dont like systems like this. I can see the good side of it. It would allow you to screen a person on past actions.

But because I know quite a bit of human behaviour I cant get past the fact that rep systems are always abused. If you allow humans to discriminate without repercusions things turn ugly very fast.

A rating system would essentialy be implementing a system that allows the creation of second class citizens. Desirables and undesirables. I can not in good concience support such a thing.

DU is a game, not real life. Frankly, I am already too stressed out about real life professional work reviews to enjoy such a thing in a game.

Just my 2 cents. :)

But because I know quite a bit of human behaviour I cant get past the fact that rep systems are always abused. If you allow humans to discriminate without repercusions things turn ugly very fast.
I understand your argument but have to point out that so long as it's restricted between the contractor and the contractee and again restricted on how often i.e.  can comment only once and only within 24 hours it would hopefully result in the majority of players giving there honest opinion on what happened regardless of anything that happens in the future. If your silly enough to work for them again/employ them again that card is off the table.

A rating system would essentialy be implementing a system that allows the creation of second class citizens. Desirables and undesirables. I can not in good concience support such a thing.
Again I see your point but to me (as a member of boo) I would be undesirable to many in du but they cant leave a review (cv system) if i dont work for them in fact they might not know who i am until i do work for them and a bad review from them is also a good review to the pirates. Put that in reverse where someone is playing the good side a bad review from the pirates and "undesirables" as you put it might not be a bad review for others.

Everyone has some sort of reputation in life be it A list or a lowly factory worker potential employers want to know.

DU is a game, not real life. Frankly, I am already too stressed out about real life professional work reviews to enjoy such a thing in a game.
You dont have to use it if you dont want to small message box that pops up when someone completes your job leave a review yes/no press no problem solved

I do agree with this on some point though a player should not be discriminated against forever so perhaps the data is only available for a limited time (month, 2 months, 6 months) Means someone who has a bad history and quits the game can come back with a clean slate.
Just my 2 cents. :)

Having the data on individuals only be available for a limited time is not a bad idea for the public side of a reputation system, since, as has been mentioned, it would allow someone to "clean up their act" if they so chose without an​ obvious ​stigma following them forever. However, for a personal reputation log, I think that info should remain available to the log owner forever.

I guess it would become a kind of hybrid public/word of mouth reputation. That way if someone performs a big scam, then stays clean for six months until his rep for that job is erased, then, using his newly-cleared reputation pulls another big scam, and so on, his private reputation would eventually catch up with him.

But if someone truly stays in the clear, he could build a solid rep in both the private and public charts, and eventually people would disregard his "old" behavior.