This kickstarter needs YOU! Updated.

Hotwingz

well, I'm concerned about it as well. I not sure it'll even reach it's goal, let alone stretch goals. the two stretch goals I've seen should be part of the initial game.

Might help if some folks go to the MMORPG.com  site and up the hype meter on this game. Go to game list, find dual universe, and click it, then click the hype tab

Totally, create a poll thread for that idea, and add jeuxonline.info (french) and jeuxvideo.com (french also).

You guys are probably flipping out over nothing. Anyone remember Star Citizen...which now has $150 million in pledges....up until a week before KS ended it looked like they might not get it, then the last week it was a sky rocket up. They are at 400k or 561k, they have 16 days to go, im thinking they will be fine.

I just went in mmorpg. This website is purely in the past! It looks like a 2000's forum. Old gits in there.

Yeah it just goes steadily now it's okay I'm sure it will reach the 500k. However it's still not enough, we need to make our envious game envious to others.

And it's 360k now.

I just went in mmorpg. This website is purely in the past! It looks like a 2000's forum. Old gits in there.

yep, I'm an "Old Git" , but hey, this old git has the time and resources to play now   :)

but that's beside the point, doesn't matter if its for old gits, the more this (DU) gets seen, the better chance that it gets funded. Some old git may post it else where and get seen by young whipper snappers, who then look into the game further. and if they like it, do the social networking stuff for it as well... which was the reason for my post.

I'll very likely get the Ruby pack before the campaign ends .  The life time subscription is worth it alone (not to mention the fun of alpha and beta). 

Thinking eve online, 3 accounts X 84 months (7 years) X $10/month per account = $2500   ...ouch :o

Oh...here is an idea.

Advertise in games.  Maybe in EVE in the main commercial hub in Jita at the main station, spam local or put up a container message saying 'dualthegame.com'. 

These days I avoid places like massivelyop and mmmorpg.com because they have become very cynical. I like a good dose of well reasoned scepticism but those places take the cake these days.

A lot of them claim that they want innovation but when games try to innovate they just turn around and say other silly things. A lot of them seem stuck in time.

I'm not a big fan of where the mmo genre sits atm but I'm willing to give a team like NQ a chance to change things up.

When Mark Jacobs pitched Camelot Unchained, man those were crazy days. You couldnt go anywhere or kickstarters were talking about it. Trying to get as many people as possible to pledge. It worked but it also rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

DU gets a lot of flak because its a "ffa" sandbox with building in space. I could go on and on about what frustrates me about the general community talking about DU. So much misinformation.

But I convinced my sister in law to post a few DU links on her facebook. Its not much but every little thing helps. :P

Yeah it just goes steadily now it's okay I'm sure it will reach the 500k. However it's still not enough, we need to make our envious game envious to others.

And it's 360k now.

I suspect your old gits are my young whippersnappers, lol.

But you need old gits. We have the money.

Update: Doubled my pledge.

I suspect your old gits are my young whippersnappers, lol.

But you need old gits. We have the money.

I said that not because of the content of the website but its aspect. Also everything concerning the account management is clumsy, I suspect the website hasn't been renovated for years.

Hey guys, there is a thread on mmorpg.com talking about DU.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/456595/dual-universe#latest

I made a post giving some background information in the hopes to increase some visibility.

Feel free to add to the thread if possible. There was a lot more I could have talked about but it was already long enough. :P

Hey guys, there is a thread on mmorpg.com talking about DU.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/456595/dual-universe#latest

I made a post giving some background information in the hopes to increase some visibility.

Feel free to add to the thread if possible. There was a lot more I could have talked about but it was already long enough. :P

I saw that. FIRST x). I wanted to tip the Hype meter but as new account I can't do so.

Hey guys I am bumbing this thread to kindly remind people to back the KS if they havent already.

While the past few days have been agonizing its not all bad. Just now we received a very big donation. If I look at the current amount and ultimate superbacker pledges I think we have someone who pledged 7000 euro.

I think if we reach 400k with 1 week to go we will be fine. As others have suggested if all backers increase their pledge a little bit if we have to we will be fine.

Plus NQ and experienced backers fully expect to see a significant rise in the last 48 hours. It has to do with the "remind me" function of kickstarter.

And to close this PSA I would like to remind people that nobody is doing anything like NQ. Its not only the setting and gameplay that is different. At the heart of DU it is about realising an old dream. A living virtual world where players have a lasting impact. Instead of walking through an animated book DU allows you to write the book. In a way that has never been done before.

Driving all of this is the new tech developed by NQ. Nobody in the industry has solved the fundamental issues behind the current mmo tech. In fact none of the big names with the big budgets have the vision to fix these problems. Evenmore they dont even realise there is a problem.

Even if you are sceptical about the end result of DU I urge you to back the game just to have this tech completed. If NQ succeeds the ideas behind the tech will revolutionise the mmo industry. If only to show it is infact possible.

Thank you.

You guys are probably flipping out over nothing. Anyone remember Star Citizen...which now has $150 million in pledges....up until a week before KS ended it looked like they might not get it, then the last week it was a sky rocket up. They are at 400k or 561k, they have 16 days to go, im thinking they will be fine.

Actually it's $124.5 mil at the moment (subs aren't counted) and it's weird, but I remember Star Citizen's campaign way different than you... From what I remember they had to quickly invent new target goals, because money was flowing smoothly - this is something I just don't see in case of DU.

Anyway, people like to pledge on virtual things when they are promised to get something unique during Kickstarter campaigns. Diffirent level pets for backing are just...meh, especially when there was just a lvl 1 pet shown on early stage of development - looks cute, but....

How about The Devs give something trully special to backers? Yes, there is alpha outfit for example, but how will it look exactly? Even a concept art would be enough to get attention. Hell, I would even give more money to up the pledge if I knew I would get like distinct texture material to paint my future constructions - it wouldn't be "pay to win" situation, but when I would build my ship and fly around in a pink colored (just an example ;) ) that noone else could get after the release, it would mean much (I'm talking in general, personally I wouldn't fly a pink colored ship, although my daughter would love it probably ;) ).

PS. @Falstaf - correction - SoE tried to do something similar as Dual Universe - it was called Everquest Next and was supposed to be the revolution of MMO genre. We all know how it ended...

PS. @Falstaf - correction - SoE tried to do something similar as Dual Universe - it was called Everquest Next and was supposed to be the revolution of MMO genre. We all know how it ended...

I know about EQnext but other then both being called sandbox with voxels they have nothing in common. EQnext did not fix what the tech behind DU is already fixing right now.

And I really dont think its fair to compare the people behind NQ with the people that made up SoE, or Daybreak as its called today.

Edit: I was actually an alpha tester of storybricks the tech that was going to drive the npc system. So I was pretty involved on the evolution of EQnext.

I know about EQnext but other then both being called sandbox with voxels they have nothing in common. EQnext did not fix what the tech behind DU is already fixing right now.

And I really dont think its fair to compare the people behind NQ with the people that made up SoE, or Daybreak as its called today.

Edit: I was actually an alpha tester of storybricks the tech that was going to drive the npc system. So I was pretty involved on the evolution of EQnext.

I'm sorry, but what exactly NQ fixes comparing to EQN in terms of voxel technology? Because the way I see it (judging by what I've seen on some devblog movies), DU is at the stage when EQLandmark was in 2014. I hardly see any fixing at this stage of development. So, could you elaborate please? :)

Also, it's completely fair to compare SoE devs to NQ devs - both teams were/are pationate on what they are doing and (were in case of SoE) trying to create something unique in MMO genre that has never been done before. Except that initially SoE had way more funds to put into EQN/L...

PS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but company behind Storybricks was closed in 2015. Technology just wasn't used to create EQN/L.  If you have been testing this, it's great, but according to my knowledge it has nothing to do with voxel technology implemented in (cancelled) EQNext and (released) EQ Landmark...

I'm sorry, but what exactly NQ fixes comparing to EQN in terms of voxel technology? Because the way I see it (judging by what I've seen on some devblog movies), DU is at the stage when EQLandmark was in 2014. I hardly see any fixing at this stage of development. So, could you elaborate please? :)

Also, it's completely fair to compare SoE devs to NQ devs - both teams were/are pationate on what they are doing and (were in case of SoE) trying to create something unique in MMO genre that has never been done before. Except that initially SoE had way more funds to put into EQN/L...

PS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but company behind Storybricks was closed in 2015. Technology just wasn't used to create EQN/L. If you have been testing this, it's great, but according to my knowledge it has nothing to do with voxel technology implemented in (cancelled) EQNext and (released) EQ Landmark...

Ok first I will correct you on storybricks. The company did indeed close in 2015. But the AI tech they were developing was infact the basis for how the npc system was going to work. The roaming orcs or the rallying calls were driven by the AI software developed by storybricks and SoE. You can google this for yourself if you want to. The closing down of Storybricks was very unfortunate for the genre. And nobody with the money to develop it further was interested in game development and Daybreak owned pretty much half of all the assets Storybricks developed for EQnext. So yeah...

As to what NQ is fixing, yes DU uses voxels. Yes it also uses dual contouring.

The real important tech that NQ is developing is in the server tech behind DU. Potentially millions of players in 1 universe. No instancing takes place. On top of that it simulates an infinite persistent universe. Where players can permanently change terrain. And the fact that there is no difference between planets and constructs is also huge. There is no cap on how many players can occupy planets or constructs. They call it dynamic area splitting if I remember correctly. Oh and all of this with no transitional loading screens. If you count that up all together it is a major tech breakthrough.

Why do I think NQ is different?

Because of JC the main man behind the wheel. He is an AI expert with a serious pedigree. Just google him, you will be impressed. While I wont say SoE had no passion, I will say passion does not innovate on its own. You need the knowledge to develop new tech solutions to fix previous limitations. SoE may had cool ideas they did lack the technical skill compared to the people behind NQ.

I understand from your comment you are not familiar with all the videos showcasing DU. If you have the time I would correct that. NQ is fundamentally changing the way mmo architecture works.

I've been into this genre since forever and I say with confidence that what NQ is doing is very big. Not just the ambition of the game, the tech behind the game.

Hope that clears some things up for you. :)