Wormholes?

Admiral_Adama_

(sorry for my english it is not perfect)

Natural anomalies that can transport you on far distance, on another side of galaxy or even in other galaxies. 

There can be some wormholes features:

1. To detect them you should have some high-tech sensors, or just find it randomly (almost impossible)

2. Wormholes can drift in space changing their position periodically. 

3. Only small ships can use wormholes. Large ships can use it only with large energy spending.

4. There is unknown what you waiting on the other side, or to figure that you have to send probe that can give you some data.

Wormholes can be used to find new places for colonization, or place to hide your supersecret military base ;)

(sorry for my english it is not perfect)

Natural anomalies that can transport you on far distance, on another side of galaxy or even in other galaxies. 

There can be some wormholes features:

1. To detect them you should have some high-tech sensors, or just find it randomly (almost impossible)

2. Wormholes can drift in space changing their position periodically. 

3. Only small ships can use wormholes. Large ships can use it only with large energy spending.

4. There is unknown what you waiting on the other side, or to figure that you have to send probe that can give you some data.

Wormholes can be used to find new places for colonization, or place to hide your supersecret military base ;)

We don't really know what they have planned for space or if its just going to be a big empty . . . space . . . you fly though to get to other planets and systems. This does sound cool though and could be the basis of Stargate technology though or it could just be something to look for in space.

I think that there should be multiple ways to travel to different systems some would be only randomly found and some you should be able to harness with your ship

Some would be rare and on the edge of a system

And all the ones you harness with your ship would have different pros and con

it would be a cool feature later, but i don't see it benefiting any other features thus been a low priority considering they have their preferred mode of fast travel already decided.

Well, IMO, something like this would so next to impossible that it might not be worth the effort.  They only exist for a fraction of a second and we would have to harness such a great deal of power, bordering upon an impossible amount, to barley be able to squeak a small ship through.  Maybe if they have it as some sort of  "discoverable" tech after enough experimentation.  But it shouldn't be easy or cheap, or even common enough to provide any kind of reliable transportation.