Cosmic entities and related events?

I'm thinking along the lines of Asteroids, Comets, Meteors, Dust clouds, Random floating things in space (e.g. Proceedurally generated space junk) and Dark matter globs. Anyone know if they are going to be in the game? And whether or not these can interact with planets like huge meteor impact that a city might want to preemptively stop?

Personally I like that kind of thing, but whether or not its in the scope of this game is another question

I'd hope that at some point we get some kind of Cosmic Entities, since it would be kinda neat to interact with consequential things in space rather than just on planets.

Gotta say though, it would have to be something added pretty late. As a space engineers player, Meteors were the most annoying mechanic, and never really worked as intended. They would hit your base sometimes through the other side of an Asteroid blowing out its internals, or bypass your automated defenses for no particular reason at all. When they add something like this, it would have to be done pretty carefully.

Comets would be neat, and I'd say strictly visual elements to add some flare to space would be neat too, but its a ways away.

As much as I would like it, it could be difficult to implement and possibly taxing to the server with the calculations needed.

Something like an asteroid belt would be an interesting place to set up shop. The possibility of them moving though could cause issues if your ship is left in the world while you are offline.

Think that's the same as with weather (explained by jc): you would need that actual anomaly being there and different players see it from different angles. And since you can fly around it would be seen from ground eventually or from space. Derived from that: nice to have but don't expect it soon (or ever)

I think something along these lines but static would be a nice addition. If dynamic storms and comets are too much to add, than at the very least static asteroids, particular those making rings around a planet, or an asteroid belt depending on the structure of a solar system, would definitely add some immersive space goodness! Imagine setting up your base in a big rock floating above the surface of really any world, it would be a cool place to be.