[Question] [Scenario] Claimed areas and permissions

Kytheum

So let's say my organisation, for example, the Empire.  Uses the same technology as the ark ship in an area?. The Empire is rather a government and not a company so civilians and Military need to be kept distant and the civilians who do wrong things need to be punished. For example, let's say a criminal who is a part of the Empire attempts to kill an officer and then flees. Would PVP be enabled so you can shoot them down or would everyone in an Org be protected? Are there any ideas from devs to change how claiming and such works for government rather than organisations? Or is there a way for it all to work? 

What do you think?

I'm willing to bet that Governments will simply be a kind of ORG. I don't think that players will have the ability to create ark ship style safezones using Territory units. The ORG itself would likely determine what is and is not permitted, manage mining, building, and editing rights in that area, but probably won't have the ability to prevent PVP.

Instead an ORG might set up laws governing the zones that are a part of the territory, and might have to use scripts to implement punishments. The EMPIRE org might have a script running in their territories that automatically puts a bounty on anyone that attacks and/or kills someone in their territory that expires after an hour (except of course, people who have that kind of bounty on them). Provided the ORG has sufficient funds to pay, it turns anyone nearby into potential law enforcement.

We don't really know the specifics of how laws and TU's work, but I'm willing to bet that Governments will simply be a kind of Org

Yeah I agree, I think the arkship "safe zone" will be unlike anything available to players. It will be much larger than the TCU's available to organizations, and will prevent all pvp. Not much I can say that wizard didn't say above me though!

I do want to point out a specific difference that I've noticed though. The entire game is built around player-made content; the developers aren't creating any entities for the game because the point is that everything is made by the players. As such, the arkship is significant because it is made by the developers. So this makes the arkship, and the elements associated with it, unique. Thus, I think the arkship's safe zone will remain permanently unique.

Yeah I agree, I think the arkship "safe zone" will be unlike anything available to players. It will be much larger than the TCU's available to organizations, and will prevent all pvp. Not much I can say that wizard didn't say above me though!

I do want to point out a specific difference that I've noticed though. The entire game is built around player-made content; the developers aren't creating any entities for the game because the point is that everything is made by the players. As such, the arkship is significant because it is made by the developers. So this makes the arkship, and the elements associated with it, unique. Thus, I think the arkship's safe zone will remain permanently unique.

On a recent dev diary, they mentioned that "Arkitization", being able to turn owned territory into a safe zone miiiight be a feature they will consider, a possibkly very rare "ark token" that would take a week to actually set up.

So as it stands right now, it is in the firmly MAYBE POSSIBLE category.

You probably won't want to establish any large scale organization inside the safezone. There will be fewer resources available, and no advanced materials. Some people are planning a city, Emberstone, in the arkship area. The safezone is more like the zone for the entire DU community. You have to find a place just for your own org.

My original idea before territorial units were announced was simply using a military as a deterrent to keep citizens in check like what happens in the real world. You know if you steal. You will be arrested and if you resist and continue to resist, it may end with your death. My idea for how this would work would be Like the following Scenario.

I spawn into the game for the first time and after a few hours, i settle on a small moon. I set up turrets and attack anyone who comes near trying to destroyer what I have built. Then I decide while I'm offline I Would team up with someone in an Alternate time zone to keep watch and we share resources. And then we would gather more and more people until the Base always has at least one person maintaining it. And then after a long while, this Base would expand into a city. With every citizen understanding the basic rules. And if one citizen broke them all the others would feel disgusted by their actions and they would become alienated and easy for law enforcement to punish the accused.