The Great DAC Compromise Poll [Please Read Before Voting]

The Great DAC Compromise  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Please read the post before voting!

• Option A
    • Option B
    • Option C
    • Option D

Not if the currency you are transferring it for can be dropped/destroyed/looted. If the equivalent of ISK can be stolen/looted, it is not risk free.

And if you are correct, and a player can just spend hours playing bank simulator instead of actually playing the game, so be it!

I love how users in this thread continue to discuss DAC's as a risk-free currency when anything you turn DAC's into immediately exposes you to risk? It's almost like they ignore it because they can't find a good way to counter my point.

That's a sequitorial aspect of DACs. The real issue, again, is reslling the DAC at a risk-free level. That's the problem with DACs being unlootable and all the issues arising out of that.

It's as a fellow member of the forums put it (if they want to come forth, it's their own business) who put it in an eloquent way. "I see the problem now. It's a matter of principle".

The principle in question, is making DACs into an uncounterable economy, almost to the level of Premium Cash out of a Free2Play, Pay2Win game.

If the game was Free2Play, I would shrug and say "cool, that's their revenue I guess". But it's a subscription game.

I have no issue with Archonius' suggestion. It's totally fine. You sell the DAC to a person for your real-life moneys' worth, the DAC on the other person becomes untradeable. It nullifies the possibility of price-fixing DACs and they simply follow the general margin of Supply / Demand as our Lord and Savior, Capitalismius, intended.

Ive read it somewhere over the past 2 days.

Cant source it atm. Your choice to believe it or not. Could be I'm wrong but I doubt it. :)

Seems legit!

But in all seriousness, will enough people want to play banking simulator instead of flying a spaceship or building a deathstar? Do we even care?

And for whatever reason the players who are threatening to game the market all seem to be strongly in favor of the system that would allow them to be stolen. That seems a tiiiiiny bit suspicious. ;)

No, I didn't send any messages about that)

I don't rush anywhere, 2 years till DACs release))) maybe there would be another good options.

Thanks,

Archonious

To which I say indeed. But we need to sort this out NOW, since the people who are interested in the game are already getting bad vibes off of that comment on DACs being unlootable, proof of that is the Kicktraq page for the DUAL Universe Kickstarter here. 

The Devs need to come out with an answer now ,before the kickstarter gets obliterated, as they lose 50K Euro in projection a day ever since that comment was made. 

And for whatever reason the players who are threatening to game the market all seem to be strongly in favor of the system that would allow them to be stolen. That seems a tiiiiiny bit suspicious. ;)

And as a side note.

I dont care at all about playing the market. I am a miner. Always have been.

I care about what is good for the game in my personal opinion.

When the full decision is made clear I'll leave it be and just move on. Doesnt influence my decision to play the game at all.

To which I say indeed. But we need to sort this out NOW, since the people who are interested in the game are already getting bad vibes off of that comment on DACs being unlootable, proof of that is the Kicktraq page for the DUAL Universe Kickstarter here. 

The Devs need to come out with an answer now ,before the kickstarter gets obliterated, as they lose 50K Euro in projection a day ever since that comment was made. 

Something should indeed be done, that is the important part. We all want this game to be a thing, even if the mechanic ends up working differently from how we would prefer. I'll support whatever decision the Devs end up making.

In my mind, it boils down to how the devs envision their game. I can't help but liken this discussion to a toddlers with forks. All of the toddlers might scream and cry that they aren't allowed to put their fork into the electrical outlet. The toddlers might think they know what the consequences will be, the toddlers could all vote and decide that collectively it should be their decision to put their fork into the electrical outlet, even if it would be far worse for them if they could. They might freak that their parents unilaterally put outlet covers on all of the outlets, but it is not a democracy. Unilaterally the devs will and should decide, it is indeed their game.

Unilaterally the devs will and should decide, it is indeed their game.

Of course it is.

But devs are not impervious to failure.

Plenty of devs make decisions that in hindsight proof to be stupid.

I have very high hopes for NQ but they are human just like everyone else.

But for me this thread has run its course.

I'll be interested in seeing what they decide.:)

Something should indeed be done, that is the important part. We all want this game to be a thing, even if the mechanic ends up working differently from how we would prefer. I'll support whatever decision the Devs end up making.

In my mind, it boils down to how the devs envision their game. I can't help but liken this discussion to a toddlers with forks. All of the toddlers might scream and cry that they aren't allowed to put their fork into the electrical outlet. The toddlers might think they know what the consequences will be, the toddlers could all vote and decide that collectively it should be their decision to put their fork into the electrical outlet, even if it would be far worse for them if they could. They might freak that their parents unilaterally put outlet covers on all of the outlets, but it is not a democracy. Unilaterally the devs will and should decide, it is indeed their game.

Well, it's also a way to show they listen to the community.

In my opinion, Archonius made a very good suggestion. Make DACs be untradeable beyond the original buyer who paid real money.

I buy a DAC, I trade it to you for in-game cash, you can't resell it. You can't be robbed off that DAC and you only have the option to consume it. It works excellently.

If DAC price fixing can't be done, I'll default to Plan B regardless :P There's more than one way to establlish a monopoly.

I think this was already discussed, but special for you, I will send PM to them)

DAC is payed by real money and for some people cost a lot. So all this nonsense about lootable DACs is best and easiest way to completly destroy and poison everything good in community. Amount of agression and hatred after this "DAC-incendents" will be enormous.

Indeed, there is always some "pirating" lobby, but this is immature and bad for game in long run.

DACs must be just what it is - completly safe, undestuctable currency for big deals.

And this "option" about bla bla bla our founder dacs not lootable, but other people lootable is just... phhhww. This in not compromise - its outright selfish elitarist hypocricy. Of course every one here is backer and likely to selfishly take this option. Disguasting.