Poll : DACs are not physical objects and cannot be stolen or dropped upon death.

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the fact Dual Access Coupons are NOT physical objects and CANNOT be stolen via piracy or other means?

• Yes
    • No

@MrFaul

Don't get me wrong because i still think DACs are far from being overpowered items that gives huge ammounts of unfair advantages to certain players. No, my point is that athough it has limited use in giving advantages (basically it improves your in-game credit to get stuff faster from the markets), it's still a P2W mechanic. I just think it's wrong saying it's not P2W because the whole point of it is using real money to get in-game privileges (and i'm not talking about just skins for your weapons), otherwise no one would bother to buy it. 

The devs explanation as to why they implemented said system is solid, logical and i'm totally ok with it. But no matter how little the advantage is, it's still a P2W mechanic in my view.

@MrFaul

Don't get me wrong because i still think DACs are far from being overpowered items that gives huge ammounts of unfair advantages to certain players. No, my point is that athough it has limited use in giving advantages (basically it improves your in-game credit to get stuff faster from the markets), it's still a P2W mechanic. I just think it's wrong saying it's not P2W because the whole point of it is using real money to get in-game privileges (and i'm not talking about just skins for your weapons), otherwise no one would bother to buy it.

The devs explanation as to why they implemented said system is solid, logical and i'm totally ok with it. But no matter how little the advantage is, it's still a P2W mechanic in my view.

This is not always going to be the case. Orgs are goung ti give DAC's to their members that might not afford to play otherwise. Unlike traditional p2w mechanics, the community produces the goods and sets the exchange rate. Another player actually RECEIVES the item after the exchange.

In a way, this is EXACTLY like paying real money for a skin, but that you can trade to another player for in-game gold: it is not truly an advantage because someone receives it.

Manpower and play-hours will end up ruling this game. If a player has more time to spend playing, that will a bigger advantage than bankrolling. AFK raiding, mining runs, more actual experience learning and playing the game, these will all outweigh money as an advantage. Us folks with full time jobs don't scry "Grind2Win". The fact that we can get help from other players for DAC's will make it fair for people with jobs :)

P2W - Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items than everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

DAC do not give any better items. It allows getting resources/item/blueprints from the market, which is available to everyone.

DAC do not give extra faster rates. Yes, it saves time for those who haven't it for grinding. But this is compensated by other players, who need to do it x2 or more (for self and DACers)

DAC do not bring any disbalance to skill gameplay.

There are some threads about jobs on the forum. DAC is payment for the job.

People happy to see jobs, because they are busy to grind/bring/explore. But when we speak about real (not pointless dreams) JOB in the game, when one working to get in-game money and then get payment for that, many start complain. It is not P2W, it is Pay-to-Trade.

Thanks,

Archonious

With all of that said and seeing valid points on both sides.

What fun is it going to be when people start asking for DAC as payment?

Sorry I dont see the fun in that

Dual Universe is supposed to be seperate from real life. Paying in DAC is literally breaking the 4th wall.

To me, thats not fun.

Regardless of my ability to afford DAC.

With all of that said and seeing valid points on both sides.

What fun is it going to be when people start asking for DAC as payment?

Sorry I dont see the fun in that

Dual Universe is supposed to be seperate from real life. Paying in DAC is literally breaking the 4th wall.

To me, thats not fun.

Regardless of my ability to afford DAC.

Which is fine, because you don't have to use DAC. You can offer contracts that pay out in in-game currency or better yet finished goods.

If you go out for dinner, and you discover that some fast food restaurants are wanting human blood-plasma as payment, sure it might suck if literally all of them accept only that. The reality is that if enough people want to go out to eat but won't give blood plasma for their meal, it won't be a viable method of payment.

There will be players that want DAC, there will be players that want in-game currency, there will be players that want finished goods. Just because a resource exists that you are not interested in, does not mean that it will hurt your play experience.

There will be players that want DAC, there will be players that want in-game currency, there will be players that want finished goods. Just because a resource exists that you are not interested in, does not mean that it will hurt your play experience.

On the market I think you are right because I dont think NQ will allow DAC to be used as the price of goods.

But in 1 on 1 deals for things that matter? I hope you are right and that I am wrong. :)

On the market I think you are right because I dont think NQ will allow DAC to be used as the price of goods.

But in 1 on 1 deals for things that matter? I hope you are right and that I am wrong. :)

I'll be starting with DAC's from the kickstarter, but fully expect to either pay the traditional subscription, or possibly go all the way to ruby before this is over with. I'll have quite a bit to trade, but I'm not really interested in relying on TRADE specifically to acquire resources, I intend on building and fighting. My mercenary org will need material from which to manufacture the ships I design, and I don't want to burn 8/10ths of my play time digging for that material. It is my intent so set up sizable raw or refined material contracts for the DAC's that I start with (after players and organizations are somewhat established). I can't be the only player thinking about this.

I love the way people throw out the term "Pay to win" to try and support their point of view or opinion. Then throw out the label "Carebear" if you do not agree.

Anyway, I voted I agree with them not being lootable. Because there is no safe way to keep them once purchased if they were physical. That scenario only helps bandits, not everyone, therefore making them  "Pay to win" if they're physical, by benefiting one set of playerbase  O.O   and if you don't agree , you're a carebear   

lol, thanks

I love the way people throw out the term "Pay to win" to try and support their point of view or opinion. Then throw out the label "Carebear" if you do not agree.

Anyway, I voted I agree with them not being lootable. Because there is no safe way to keep them once purchased if they were physical. That scenario only helps bandits, not everyone, therefore making them  "Pay to win" if they're physical, by benefiting one set of playerbase  O.O   and if you don't agree , you're a carebear   

lol, thanks

I am a pay2win carebare and I approve of this message. (in that I agree, DAC's should not be lootable)

All I have to say.

71884230.jpg

If DACs are lootable, only a moron would go in the middle of Detroit to deliver 10 DACs they bought for real money.

I guess society though favors the stupid, as much as fortune favors the bold.

If DACs are lootable, only a moron would go in the middle of Detroit to deliver 10 DACs they bought for real money.

I guess society though favors the stupid, as much as fortune favors the bold.

"Money does not smell". If Dev will get money from these stupid, they need to protect this source of income.

Good and smart players won't bring more additional income (if they will do at all), than these stupid (as you said).

Simple secure of business income.

Thanks,

Archonious