Poll : DACs are not physical objects and cannot be stolen or dropped upon death.

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the fact Dual Access Coupons are NOT physical objects and CANNOT be stolen via piracy or other means?

• Yes
    • No

If there is no risk in holding DAC's then they are effectively pay-to-win coupons. 

What balances them out from being pay-to-win coupons is the risk of losing them when you hold them in game.

DAC's should have followed the Eve online model, that would have kept the risk vs reward aspect in the game. 

It's not like Eve doesn't warn you several times when you are buying and claiming PLEX that they are lootable and can be stolen. 

If there is no risk in holding DAC's then they are effectively pay-to-win coupons. 

What balances them out from being pay-to-win coupons is the risk of losing them when you hold them in game.

DAC's should have followed the Eve online model, that would have kept the risk vs reward aspect in the game. 

It's not like Eve doesn't warn you several times when you are buying and claiming PLEX that they are lootable and can be stolen. 

there will be other loosable valuable goods dont worry

if you wanna play money, play THTpoker

Pretty sure the main supporters od stealable DAC's are the kind of greifer scumbags who make any gaming community a more toxic environment, motivated by making the game more miserable for other players, and aren't satesfied with just blowing up their stuff and killing them, but by pushing them out od the take entirely.

Hate to be the one making a strawman argument here, but I don't think we want that kind of player. Rust is a (hilarious) hellhole, and I'd rather not have that kind of experience here too.

I will admit, not being able to steal or loot DAC's is making me reconsider my emerald Kickstarter pledge.

I feel like this decision is catering to the wrong audience for this game.

This is one of the big dangers of a game that has not been made yet. People will imagine things to function in a way that was never intended to be in the game in the first place. JC is being very transparent on his vision for the game and communicating clearly when what will be in the game and how certain aspects will work. Yes, the community can influence these decisions to an extent but not to as great a degree as some might believe.

DU is not a Pirate sim to cater only for pirates. Does this decision suck for pirates? Hell yeah. But with many other lucrative pirate targets, it would be a shame to lose players to something like this, even if they are pirates ;) .

good point, he has you already!

who dedicated your life to this game (2033 posts), maybe will buy a computer specialy to run an afk player making sure your full production line working 24/7

I already have a real beast of a computer and you make strawman's arguements. In fact, I HAVE MONEY to invest in 1000 DACs right away and I WANT to be possible to be robbed, so I can feel the reward of selling the item in a forgein marketplace from the Arkship.

But hey, carebears won apparently.

Pretty sure the main supporters od stealable DAC's are the kind of greifer scumbags who make any gaming community a more toxic environment, motivated by making the game more miserable for other players...

Thats really not necessary.

I am most surely not one of these people.

And by all definitions most people would call me a carebear because I prefer to avoid combat. Never in my life have I ever griefed a person.

Yet I am not against DAC being lootable.

Its ok for people to disagree, that does not make the opposing side a horrible monster.

Pretty sure the main supporters od stealable DAC's are the kind of greifer scumbags who make any gaming community a more toxic environment, motivated by making the game more miserable for other players, and aren't satesfied with just blowing up their stuff and killing them, but by pushing them out od the take entirely.

Hate to be the one making a strawman argument here, but I don't think we want that kind of player. Rust is a (hilarious) hellhole, and I'd rather not have that kind of experience here too.

Go play Landmark, where you are safe 24/7. 

You represent the carebear masses. You are the kind of guy that will ask for scammers who expolited your lack of cerebral higher functions and ripped you off to be banned. You are the guy who will ask for pirates to be banned. And the game will die. /clap.

Go play Landmark, where you are safe 24/7.

You represent the carebear masses. You are the kind of guy that will ask for scammers who expolited your lack of cerebral higher functions and ripped you off to be banned. You are the guy who will ask for pirates to be banned. And the game will die. /clap.

Thanks for the advice, I might have to check that game out for now :)

Pirates make things interesting, but I'm not really up for griefing for the sake of griefing. I think its enough to set people back by blowing up their creations, stealing their real money is a bit much.

But a sandbox game cannot survive with those elements of the game. 

There are always going to be those types of players in the game, so trying to go out of the way to stop them will always be an endless battle and would go directly against the principles of emergent gameplay.

Emergent gameplay is not making the game safe for you to play so that nothing ever goes wrong and nobody ever griefs you, emergent gameplay is getting griefed and then coming back with a vengeance.

This is one of the big dangers of a game that has not been made yet. People will imagine things to function in a way that was never intended to be in the game in the first place. JC is being very transparent on his vision for the game and communicating clearly when what will be in the game and how certain aspects will work. Yes, the community can influence these decisions to an extent but not to as great a degree as some might believe.

DU is not a Pirate sim to cater only for pirates. Does this decision suck for pirates? Hell yeah. But with many other lucrative pirate targets, it would be a shame to lose players to something like this, even if they are pirates ;) .

plus he mentionned that this would be plan able to have other official physical curency other than DACs, in orders to maybe have some banking structures in the future

so treasures and fortunes will still exist and be a lucrative hunt

if everyone is friends or partners or allied, there will be an extra of ammunition 

but has it is now, looks like DACs are more creators exchange money, as reward of a month of work on a construct for example

since the universe creation contributes somehow more than the words of politic

There are always going to be those types of players in the game, so trying to go out of the way to stop them will always be an endless battle and would go directly against the principles of emergent gameplay.

Emergent gameplay is not making the game safe for you to play so that nothing ever goes wrong and nobody ever griefs you, emergent gameplay is getting griefed and then coming back with a vengeance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08hmqyejCYU

Yes because my comment about this specific decision to make real money not stealable means I don't think players should be able to greif at all ;)

Thanks for the advice, I might have to check that game out for now :)

Pirates make things interesting, but I'm not really up for griefing for the sake of griefing. I think its enough to set people back by blowing up their creations, stealing their real money is a bit much.

You do reinforce my point your represent carebears. Safezones everywhere. THat's a static universe.

hell yeah we all want that

but why should it involve DACs that directly involve ingame subscription time?

You do reinforce my point your represent carebears. Safezones everywhere. THat's a static universe.

get off your confortable seat, tell papa mama you going out make your own and come back fast thinking you are finally better at home

hell yeah we all want that

but why should it involve DACs that directly involve ingame subscription time?

Because that is the risk vs reward that works as a balance to keep them from becoming a pay2win item.

The reward for bringing them into the game is potentially making money or trading them for resources or items, the counter to that should be that DAC's should be lootable. Otherwise there is no risk for bringing them into the game and moving them around. 

Without looting it establishes a secondary form of currency that is immune to looting, and creates a store of value that is impossible to attack. Player run banks are effectively going to be warehouses for DAC's now, since it's the only store of value they can keep that is immune. 

They become risk-free ways of moving large amounts of money through the game. 

Because that is the risk vs reward that works as a balance to keep them from becoming a pay2win item.

The reward for bringing them into the game is potentially making money or trading them for resources or items, the counter to that should be that DAC's should be lootable. Otherwise there is no risk for bringing them into the game and moving them around. 

Without looting it establishes a secondary form of currency that is immune to looting, and creates a store of value that is impossible to attack. Player run banks are effectively going to be warehouses for DAC's now, since it's the only store of value they can keep that is immune. 

They become risk-free ways of moving large amounts of money through the game. 

beeing able to loot a whole fleet you just defeated, disassembling the constructs, gathering elements, looting corps for matters and blueprints, isnt enough?

you little greedy

beeing able to loot a whole fleet you just defeated, disassembling the constructs, gathering elements, looting corps for matters and blueprints, isnt enough?

you little greedy

What does it matter if they can come back within a few hours, completely raze your base and take it all back? Just because they can afford to instantly buy all the resources and rent enough assembly lines by investing into hundreds of DACs

What does it matter if they can come back within a few hours, completely raze your base and take it all back? Just because they can afford to instantly buy all the resources and rent enough assembly lines by investing into hundreds of DACs

they ll need to know on which planet we come from, from which system

the grotto civilisation is an option to stay eventually safe from a defeat + invasion

Alright, lets say we stick with the idea that DACs should not be lootable, because some people think its unfair. What comes after that? I think it is unfair that people can destroy my stuff while I'm offline. Solution: AFK protection. I don't like people with better equipment killing me. Solution: Remove PVP altogether. It might seem a little abstract and farfetched at first, but if you think about it, you'll realise that this is something that might happen.

I'll continue to say, I think they should have followed the Eve Online model.

- PLEX does not have to be converted into an ingame item immediately

- You do not have to be in the same station as your PLEX to redeem it

- You do not have to bring it into the game to redeem it

- If you convert it to an ingame item, you can trade it to other players

- If it is an ingame item it can be stolen while moving it through space

Why do people move PLEX through space if they can just redeem them from wherever they are? 

That is a question nobody will ever really have a concise answer to, but it's something that happens and many people suffer the consequences for taking that risk.