Alpha Academy (Open Community)

Danger

logo.png

Alpha Academy is community for all players. Everyone is welcome to play with us in alpha and beta. After that, you are of course free to move on.

Plan is as follows:

- Alpha & Beta: Playing together, getting new friends, collecting information and creation of player guides. Those without game access are welcome of course to join us too and follow us. We will be posting a lot of articles, guides, videos.

- Release: To be decided.

Join our Discord now: https://discord.gg/MdmyZJZ

Can't rename the topic, but just wanted to announce we renamed this organization to more suitable name. Also updated the initial post to better reflect our plans.

Can't rename the topic, but just wanted to announce we renamed this organization to more suitable name. Also updated the initial post to better reflect our plans.

I generally suggest that any OP can rename his or her own thread, but until then just contact a moderator.

Greetings Danger,

I'd like to run a small highlight on your organization on the Dual Universe Sleepers website; I just PMailed you the raw text, please feel free to check and let me know if you require any correction or information complement before publishing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Haunty. I joined Alpha Academy because I don't want to be solo in alpha/beta since the multiplayer element needs testing, but I also don't want to commit to an organization so early before the game is released.

Welcome Haunty,

You joined the right org to not join any org. Because Alpha Academy is not an org.  It is a fine establishment of learning.  Learning and having fun in the alpha and beta.  And if someone is so inclined, a place to keep player guides when DU is finally released.

• 3 weeks later...
The hardest part is the waiting....

To while away the time Alpha Academy is holding a small competition.  Join the Alpha Academy discord to take part.

Competition details:

Task: Create Asteroid base. You ask base of what kind? Use your fantasy!

Limits: Core of your asteroid must be sphere with diameter of at least 64 blocks (you can make it bigger, but keep in mind that 128 is limit of the tool). You are free to modify it or it's surrounding space any way you want. Ships, stargate, debris, smaller asteroids, whatever you want.

Delivery: You can post your creations in #competition, one picture allowed per participant (you can keep updating it).

Date: You can post until November 15th, I will allow pretty much all creations made before I wake up the day after.

Allowed Tools: MagicaVoxel and/or MagicaVoxel Renderer

Allowed Formats: Any picture you can post on Discord, but I recommend you to make it PNG or if you want it more fancy, try to amaze us with GIF sequence

Rewards: Good feeling for every participant. Even better feeling for winner and those really close behind. And we will be sure to share your efforts with DU developers :-)

Extra notes

- you can edit your post and if you need help with deletion, just send me message

- you can also reserve your post and let us know that you are going to participate by posting "RESERVED" in the channel and later you can replace it for real image

- you can discuss the posts in #competition-chat

- if you accidentally post to wrong channel, no worries, we can handle that:-)

• 2 months later...

Excited for Alpha release in 2017? Of course you are.

At Alpha Academy, we are dedicated to learning and testing DU in it's early stages. Come join us and share you're ideas and creations while we wait for Alpha. If you're already in an organization don't worry, we accept anyone who wants to learn more about the game!

• 1 month later...

When will Alpha get released?

The answer is "first half of 2017".

That means from tomorrow until...june, july..august?

But it wont be tomorrow.

(Not sure if this question would be called a hijack.)

The answer is "first half of 2017".

That means from tomorrow until...june, july..august?

But it wont be tomorrow.

(Not sure if this question would be called a hijack.)

I think he is new and asked here because Alpha Academy sounds like they know everything about the Alpha

logo.png

Alpha Academy is community for all players. Everyone is welcome to play with us in pre-alpha, alpha and beta. Alpha Academy is a place of learning where all are welcome.

Are you already in other company? No problem, your membership in this community won't have impact on your other companies, you can be member of multiple groups and leave this one anytime if you want.

Come chat about pre-alpha (pre-alpha access verification required), alpha and beta in our discord: https://discord.gg/MdmyZJZ

If you like what Alpha Academy is doing, support us by joining AA on the community site: https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/alpha-academy