Organizational Quests

Drakor

I've heard where player Quests are available; how about Organization quests?  Membership size, financial ranking, number of worlds with a corporate presence, number of allies, number of enemies, etc., etc, could all fall under an Organization Quest.

Rewards given for completing Player/Organization quests can be deposited into both "accounts" -- player and organization strengthening the bond between the two.  Not only would the player(s) receive rewards in the form of skills points and/or monies but their Organizations, too! 

So, you're talking about a quest for an org to complete? Who would assign this quest and pay the reward?

My understanding is quests in DU are assigned by other players who then reward you for completion. So it would make sense for an org to provide quests for its members... or maybe for a non-member to complete before being allowed to join. (Hmmm... I think my org will do that.)

I guess if I hire your merc org to clear out the pirates on my route, that would be a quest for an org.

Good point you make about the Dev team wanting quests to be player driven!  So, if there's not to be Ark quests given to organizations -- such as being the first organization to have one of its members circumnavigate the planet perhaps there can be a method by which organizations can challenge each other? If so, any thoughts on what kinds of challenges can be made and what would be the reward/repercussion for success/failure?

Good point you make about the Dev team wanting quests to be player driven!  So, if there's not to be Ark quests given to organizations -- such as being the first organization to have one of its members circumnavigate the planet perhaps there can be a method by which organizations can challenge each other? If so, any thoughts on what kinds of challenges can be made and what would be the reward/repercussion for success/failure?

There could be a sort of Organization Olympics, once a year, with prizes going out to the winners. This could be a cool community event.

I suspect (and hope) that any jobs/quests are going to be completely player driven. I mean, the basis for this entire game is human nature. Why circumnavigate the globe? Any number of reasons: to find strategic territorial locations for future power struggles, to find rare resources to sell/use for advanced projects, or just to satiate the hunger of human curiosity.

There could be a sort of Organization Olympics, once a year, with prizes going out to the winners. This could be a cool community event.

What a great idea Lord-Void. Which competitions do you have in mind?