BCO -vs- PSO -- Which would YOU Join?

Drakor

Is there any kind of ranking system for Organizations?

Something as a guide used by players to determine how best to invest their time -- in either a Blue-Chip organization (BCO) or a Penny-Stock organization (PSO).  BCO's are recognized, well-established and financially strong organizations that because of their size may not offer as many quests as a smaller organization can, like a PSO would. By definition a PSO would be a start-up with lots of potential for everyone involved but with a high risk of failure.

Which type of Organization would YOU join if such a system would exist?

I wonder if this would be something the dev team would want to consider?

I feel that this is something sort of already present and sort of against the developers ideas. They don't want to impose restrictions, definitions, or classes on players, they want everyone to be equal and make the most of what they can.

And aside from that, any organization can't really be defined by certain pre-defined criteria. Every group has to start somewhere. Every small organization has a risk of failure, but potential to grow into a powerful and well known force. You don't need pre-set definitions for that, it is what it is and it's all made by players.

The quality of an org can't be judged by numbers.  It has to be judged by the players and their involvement.  I have only 11 members in my group, but over 700 forum posts on our site.  Our members are active and are making plans, chatting, playing games learning how to work together, working on art together and generally having a blast.  The game has already started for us.  We're going to be the most organized, goal driven and tight group we can be by the time the game launches.  We just might surprise you all!

And then there was the recent demise of the largest org in the game that only lasted a month.

Nope, can't judge by mere numbers alone.  There's more than meets the eye.