Joining More than One Organization?

Drakor

Are there game mechanics, in place or to be created, which makes it possible to be an "undeclared" member of your "Primary" Organization while at the SAME time being a "declared" member of another? For covert operations of course! Can we ever REALLY know who we're Recruiting...  :unsure:

Perhaps requiring Organizations to pay a DAC fee (call it a Black Ops fee) for each operative that if not paid would make their operatives easier to discover -- hmm, a Black Ops budget!  :ph34r:

Any other ideas circulating out there where having a DAC fee imposed on an Organization would add flavor to the game? 

I don't think DAC fees are a good option at all... since an org with lots of money (real and in-game) would have quite an advantage, while smaller orgs that rely on in-game money only would be disadvantaged, effectively being a P2W feature

Volcanov, I also agree with preventing P2W features.  

My thoughts were more in line with "the bigger an org is, the more expensive it becomes to run" or, at least it should be -- that could be its Achilles Heel.

The argument could also be made that a single player org can have more real-life money than a larger org -- rare, granted but potentially true.

However, if we set aside the last two statements, does the idea of having some sort of game mechanics in place covering declared and undeclared membership to multiple orgs worth further discussing? And, if so, what if any "Costs" should or should not be imposed on the "Primary" organization?

I think it should be possible to join more than one organization technically - via the game - if organizations are represented in a hard way in the game, and from what we can tell they will be of course. For example for management rights or being shown as a group that controls this planet or area for example.

I'm not even thinking of 'covert ops' because what I have in mind is a more open system. Think of like GW or similar games where you can be in several. This will make the life of many players easier if they are trying to participate in more than one group.

Best example: You have some company or alliance and then some militia with a specific purpose. Someone could be in some company or part of a player nation and then specifically in that militia and benefit from the according rights and territory control - otherwise it would be harder. Imagine you try to back this militia (or the other way around) but can't really do anything because you are locked out as you are not formally (technically, rather) part of the other group, nor would you be able to be shown as member of said group.

Workaround: Management system allows you to process individuals too - still tricky if you first set group rights and then have to add everyone manually. Better: Be able to join a few groups, at least two or three. This should be shown somewhere, however.

I refer to Star Citizen and how they handle RSI group membership, in essence. A similar system would probably work well here.

I'm not joining any organisations till launch. Someone needs to be the guy who is not in any org testing all the org lockouts work. I here that one of the Korean game companies did a game test where all their testers were in guilds and as a result they missed one of the security flaws. They all got looted two weeks after launch. Free guild bank slots for all the newbies who haven't joined the guild. lol.  

I don't understand the obsession with money.

The devs should not be enforcing some capitalist world view on everyone.

Some orgs may want to incentivize membership with money - other orgs may be hippie communes that don't care about money.

Costs should not be "imposed" on orgs.

Guild mebership as a form of covert ops isn't a concern for me.

I'm not planning on having secrets that could be hindered by that form of covert ops.

Plus, I expect a lot of out-of-game communication that couldn't be managed by in-game mechanics.

I hope NQ will add option to invite only non-org members and as soon they are in organisation make impossible to join anywhere else.

So players and organisations will have choice.

Personally, I don't need multi-org players in my team. But I don't want waste my time for checking everyone everyday. Hope NQ would understand that.

Thanks,

Archonious

Are there game mechanics, in place or to be created, which makes it possible to be an "undeclared" member of your "Primary" Organization while at the SAME time being a "declared" member of another? For covert operations of course! Can we ever REALLY know who we're Recruiting...  :unsure:

Perhaps requiring Organizations to pay a DAC fee (call it a Black Ops fee) for each operative that if not paid would make their operatives easier to discover -- hmm, a Black Ops budget!  :ph34r:

Any other ideas circulating out there where having a DAC fee imposed on an Organization would add flavor to the game? 

If you want to be covert, make sure to scoop up people unaffiliated to any org, then plant them to one you want a mole in. That is, if you get to convince them to do so. 

yeah this one guy in our org, is in at least 4 orgs. some people like forget what org they joined, then just join another. Or send out multiple apps and have them all accepted. i think you should only be able  to be part of one. 

i think you should only be able  to be part of one. 

Well, that would make sub-orgs almost impossible, or at least harder to do. With the current system, you can be part of a nation, a company within that nation and also some club for other activities 

I think I read or listened to an interview with JC, very early on to me discovering DU, where he did confirm that their was a plan to make organizations invisible. Pretty sure he also said it would not be available for a while .. so probably beta or later I would imagine.

As to whether or not that has changed or will change I can't answer. But It certainly was something he mentioned.

yeah this one guy in our org, is in at least 4 orgs. some people like forget what org they joined, then just join another. Or send out multiple apps and have them all accepted. i think you should only be able  to be part of one. 

Some people like to belong to multiple organizations - like in real life.

The DU devs appear to be supporting that,

I feel it also adds to the emergent game play, as smaller orgz band together to form a bigger organization with its own political structures while still being individual and able to run their own operations.

organizations can be whatever you want them to be. I like the fact you can have your own organization and be part of another.

I now understand how organizations are intended to work in terms of gameplay: flexible, non-linear, very broad in its membership base. I guess organizations can place their own restrictions to ensure members do not have affiliations with other organizations that are in direct competition -- for example, you probably be able to work for Coca-Cola and Pepsi at the same time. I know that these are RL examples, that may not carry over to the DU gameplay, but that's what I was thinking.

Hmmm...

Step 1) Create new account

Step 2) Pay for account with DAC

Step 3) join target organization with new account

Untraceable (assuming you don't get discovered some other way)

EDIT: I don't know if they have specifically stated whether multiple accounts are allowed or not, but I haven't found anywhere that said you can't use them, so long as you are only using it for legitimate gameplay reasons and not to harass/abuse anyone.

It is up the the organisations themselves to allow players to join multiple. If one organisations says, that no, you can be in ours and no other, or you have to leave, that is their decision.

But this must be option in game, not just words. Otherwise you need to check somehow, wasting loooot of time.

I could understand aliances. But there must be some easier options, not just 100500 organisations. As example, 2 organisations create aliance and everyone inside these orgs automatically joins alliance, but not another org.

As result, less confusion and troubles.

Thanks,

Archonious

Jesus, some people shouldn't have the rights to write. Organizations are simply parties and you can join as many you want. You can also make parties of parties (will be available later, so there can be sub-companies, alliances, nations). Take this from game or limit it and you are getting away the freedom you want so much. Those who will limit memberships in multiple organizations are the organizations themselves and their rules. Are you in multiple orgs? It's ok! Ssome orgs may be non-political, for example trading communities. But if let's say you are in two hostile orgs at once, what you think will happen? They will tell you to leave the other one and stay just with them, or they kick you - easy.

I was asking meself the very same question as yours. Groups of organisation it's already done and they are public (https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/csyn-cinderfall-syndicate). But to infiltrate another... well I mean I wouldn't like a DUA git with me in The Empire. Though, organisations are organised and with a hierarchy. Some buddy infiltrating might do it but will be a pure rookie (simple soldier), he will not know about secret operations and will probably be spotted before getting too close to the desirable infos. Also a spy rises suspicions as he leaves, all organisations needs an anti-spying unit.

Jesus, some people shouldn't have the rights to write. Organizations are simply parties and you can join as many you want. You can also make parties of parties (will be available later, so there can be sub-companies, alliances, nations). Take this from game or limit it and you are getting away the freedom you want so much. Those who will limit memberships in multiple organizations are the organizations themselves and their rules. Are you in multiple orgs? It's ok! Ssome orgs may be non-political, for example trading communities. But if let's say you are in two hostile orgs at once, what you think will happen? They will tell you to leave the other one and stay just with them, or they kick you - easy.

Why you push your opinion on others? Why does every organisation need to check every member, every day for other organisations membership? If Organisation leaders don't want their members to be in any other organisation, why they can not technically ban it?

Options must be for everyone, for every organisation. Not white or black. Stop be selfish and silly.

Thanks,

Archonious

Then the CSYN and the DUA, and I think the Empire too, would fall apart, as they are made up of several smaller orgs

No, orgs can make alliances but I read the OP as one person joining more than one org ... I don't think that should be allowed

No, orgs can make alliances but I read the OP as one person joining more than one org ... I don't think that should be allowed

An alliance of organisations is an organisation in itself, that's how I understand the ingame mechanic. So, to join the alliance, every member of the org has to join (maybe automated, maybe manually)

I think it should be stated clear the difference between actual organisations, alliances, syndicates, and fusion.

You just can't say someone can't start an empire if there is another, but empires might prefer being allies between them than serving republics.