Movement of space ships

Apollo

As Shynras explained, there's a Faster-Than-Light (FTL) system, the stargates, which act as highways to another star system. You can go the slow way, by going the full distance yourself, although, good luck with that, you fuel will end before you could do something like that :P

.... Or you could die cause of age :-D.

In the lore cryostasis is a thing. So you could log off, get in a cryostasis and then relog to find you have arrived... after like... a real life month. It's cool, but... what's the point  ,  right ? :P

In the lore cryostasis is a thing. So you could log off, get in a cryostasis and then relog to find you have arrived... after like... a real life month. It's cool, but... what's the point , right ? :P

Or you can find yourself in real coffin 6 feets underground ;-).

Or you can find yourself in real coffin 6 feets underground ;-).

That would be anti-climactic, but yes xD 

Having a head-on collission with a dark world perhaps and finding you are stranded in a place with no light though. Quite the possibility if dark planets are involved. Then, you'll be presented with two options. Call for evac, or killing yourself and suffering a skillpoints loss penatly. Or starving to death, since the game has an element of survival in it.

or killing yourself and suffering a skillpoints loss penatly. Or starving to death, since the game has an element of survival in it.

and then some troll was nice enough to build a resurection node on that planet :P

hopefully they can prevent trolls doing that :/

I mean, if they manage to build a respawn facility in such a planet, then I don't see a reason for there to be a restriction good sir. If nothing, it's a feat of strength in my book.

That would be anti-climactic, but yes xD

Having a head-on collission with a dark world perhaps and finding you are stranded in a place with no light though. Quite the possibility if dark planets are involved. Then, you'll be presented with two options. Call for evac, or killing yourself and suffering a skillpoints loss penatly. Or starving to death, since the game has an element of survival in it.

Skillpoint loss? I only remember talk about losing your inventory contents

Skillpoint loss? I only remember talk about losing your inventory contents

They should good sir. It would make rethinking before going into a fight. Think of it as a "recuperation" time of sorts. It would make PvP a bit more than Live, Fight, Die repeat and an endless grind for gear. It would be balanced imho, if the re-gathering of lost points was much faster than reaching on a certain milestone. And gear is not gonna be epics and legendaries and what-not. A rifle is a rifle, no matter one's emotional attachment to it. but skillpoints are skillpoints. You have to get them back before heading out with your skillset full.

Invetories can be built back up. A loss of skill sounds like a good incentive to not die.

i think that may have a really really bad effect on the player base. every time i saw someone lose skill points in eve because they messed up and forgot to buy a clone ended up with that player unsubbing.

in fact those where some of the most epic rage quits i have ever gotten to witness.

loss of all your stuff should be more than enough incentive not to die, seeing as in most mmo's death just means you need to run back to where you died to pick up where you left off.

i think that may have a really really bad effect on the player base. every time i saw someone lose skill points in eve because they messed up and forgot to buy a clone ended up with that player unsubbing.

in fact those where some of the most epic rage quits i have ever gotten to witness.

loss of all your stuff should be more than enough incentive not to die, seeing as in most mmo's death just means you need to run back to where you died to pick up where you left off.

Yeah, EVE though is a ship only. Many people in the game will be spending their times on planets. I know I will. And for EVE to still be one of the biggest MMOs after a decade or so, it means the whole ragequit is not clearly working. I know many friends who died without a backup in EVE and all ragequited once and then came back and that kept going. If  you die In DUAL, you can spend time on the ground. It's not locking you in a shitty ship and low skills. And I'm talking a percentual skill loss with faster recovery for the lost points than it is for you to grind them. 

And what made EVE good was the exact same mechanism you are condemning. and with PLEX being in Dual, it would make the game Pay-To-Win if a guy could simply buy PLEX, sell it in game, get a ship back and simply get out there. With skillpoints loss you can't do that.

"Don't fly what you can't afford to lose."

You die, whatever was on you or your ship is now space junk. That's enough of a loss as is.

You are advocating for kamikaze runs? Cause without skillpoints loss, it's a kamikaze run for those who can buy PLEX, sell it and then buy a whole new ship right out of the box.

You are advocating for kamikaze runs? Cause without skillpoints loss, it's a kamikaze run for those who can buy PLEX, sell it and then buy a whole new ship right out of the box.

You aren't wrong, but I don't agree.

If that's how someone wants to spend their money and time, let them. Don't punish them by stripping skill points away on top of losing everything they just had. Them buying PLEX to continue playing and buying ships is perfectly fine. Creates content, and someone profits without the wheel losing any momentum. 

You aren't wrong, but I don't agree.

If that's how someone wants to spend their money and time, let them. Don't punish them by stripping skill points away on top of losing everything they just had. Them buying PLEX to continue playing and buying ships is perfectly fine. Creates content, and someone profits without the wheel losing any momentum. 

See, Pay-To-Win drives people off a game. Not skillpoints loss. I was talking with Cornflakes and I humored the idea of a scripted agile jet that could perfform precise thruster maneuvers given speeds which the pilot would dictate, with a nuke strapped on it for a collision delivery. How funny would it be if I had 100 of those cheap ships? Would it be fun to keep nuking your fleet, over and over and over again? They are cheap to make, only aluminum if not at all to keep them going. Their point is not survival in combat, but to get to your ships with a nuke as fast as possible. How fun would it be if griefed you as such?

But with skillpoints loss, that tactic becomes much more costing. So no, please, no kamikaze incentives. 

Yeah, EVE though is a ship only. Many people in the game will be spending their times on planets. I know I will. And for EVE to still be one of the biggest MMOs after a decade or so, it means the whole ragequit is not clearly working. I know many friends who died without a backup in EVE and all ragequited once and then came back and that kept going. If  you die In DUAL, you can spend time on the ground. It's not locking you in a shitty ship and low skills. And I'm talking a percentual skill loss with faster recovery for the lost points than it is for you to grind them. 

And what made EVE good was the exact same mechanism you are condemning. and with PLEX being in Dual, it would make the game Pay-To-Win if a guy could simply buy PLEX, sell it in game, get a ship back and simply get out there. With skillpoints loss you can't do that.

my understanding from some of the posts from NQ was this skill system was going to be more like eve. so im not sure grinding skill points is going to be something available to us. if we can grind those skill points back then skill loss wont be as punishing,but i still think skill point loss would drive more players away than something like a food mechanic.

and while i was looking for those posts from NQ i came across this in the game FAQ.

"You won’t lose any skill point. However, what you had on your character at the time of his death will be partially destroyed and partially dropped on the ground where he died."

i guess this whole conversation is a bit futile....what ever we are gamers and for us doing something like trying to push a rope is nothing more than a challenge.

my understanding from some of the posts from NQ was this skill system was going to be more like eve. so im not sure grinding skill points is going to be something available to us. if we can grind those skill points back then skill loss wont be as punishing,but i still think skill point loss would drive more players away than something like a food mechanic.

and while i was looking for those posts from NQ i came across this in the game FAQ.

"You won’t lose any skill point. However, what you had on your character at the time of his death will be partially destroyed and partially dropped on the ground where he died."

i guess this whole conversation is a bit futile....what ever we are gamers and for us doing something like trying to push a rope is nothing more than a challenge.

Yes, I was HOPING for a skillpoints loss system. Well, when the suicide automated jets start flying and people start QQing the system will be implemented. I can spend the first year farming my "Make a Point" campaign resource-wise.