Ground Vehicle

Kryfulli

Hi !

I was wandering around here without participating for a good reason but ... Yeah, i have to know.

The dev team talked a lot about ships. We saw them flying and stuff', but i don't think they ever answer the question of ground vehicle, like rover, jeeps, etc.

If they did, don't take any attention at this post, i'm just blind.I need glasses. Uuhg.

I suppose that it will be difficult for the server to handle ground vehicle. All those colisions must be calculated and it can be very ressource intensive. But .. And that's why i'm asking, i'm not sure about that. Because this is already the case for our character, the server calculates his position relative to the voxel he's standing on every tick.

At least, hovering ships is maybe an alternative.

So, anything ? ^^'

[sorry for the poor english.]

I really hope so eventually, having ground vehicles as a low cost (fuel wise) alternative adds an interesting dimension. People would then need to build roads, bridges and tunnels to more effectively transport goods around and be much cheaper than flying.

Generally how multiplayer games work with vehicles is that the simulation is performed on the client so that there is no lag and then the server checks with certain rules about whether certain movements are actually possible (to prevent cheating). If you didn't do it this way there would be a lag between pressing your movement buttons and your car/plane/character actually moving which is super annoying.

I hope to see large scale naval ships sailing the oceans as well, sometime in the near future, post release.  :D

If it does not make it into the initial release.

A ship might actually be possible, as long as you don't mind water bugging through the lower decks and damage being just a value, rather than "hits below the waterline do DOT" (hm... this might actually be possible, as long as 'below the waterline' is a fixed point on the ship... most of my statements are based on assumptions though)