Contractual Corporate Peace Accords {CCPA}

Wilks Checkov

Contractual Corporate Peace Agreement {CCPA}  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you and your associated members and or groups agree to not participate in open hostilities during the alpha. The time of early awakening or {Alpha} will be used to test features as released.

• Yes - {I/We support this motion}
    • No - {I/We do not plan on supporting this motion}

Could easily be as simple as NQ just disabling combat all together, and setting up a specific testing time on such and such date for us to hash everything out, and expand on that as the Alpha itself matures appropriately.

isn't combat a feature.. and one of the things we're meant to test in the alpha? 

shouldn't we be testing all aspects of game play looking for ways to potentially exploit game mechanics in undesired ways so they can be fixed? 

if NQ doesnt want us testing those features, fine, but I will not be agreeing to limit my game play and testing based on the moods and desires of self imposed community leaders. 

isn't combat a feature.. and one of the things we're meant to test in the alpha? 

shouldn't we be testing all aspects of game play looking for ways to potentially exploit game mechanics in undesired ways so they can be fixed? 

if NQ doesnt want us testing those features, fine, but I will not be agreeing to limit my game play and testing based on the moods and desires of self imposed community leaders. 

This agreement is only between the corporations who sign, so piracy will still happen. If you want to go to war, then do so, but remember that you might (read: will) encour the wrath of everyone who signed.

I see both sides of the argument, and I prefer an organic way of doing things (i.e. not plotting before I play the game). I am against the accords. There are already systems that allow corps to grow without fear of attack (you know, the massive safe zone), we don't need any more. From my understanding, this is more of a peace agreement rather than a defensive pact, and it does not really matter how well you do for about 2 years.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted 'No' on this, but I'd like to explain the reason why and the conditions under which I would take action against another player or their resources/assets.

By and large, I'm pretty much a pacifist and will only engage in aggressive behavior if there is no other recourse. That said, I have worked video game QA for several years and there are several features of this game which would need to be tested to ensure that they work as intended. If I'm going to go after someone else, or anything that belongs to them, it will be for the purposes of testing the mechanic and I'm going to tell them first so that we can both verify the functionality from our respective sides of the feature.

Once the game is released and the public begins playing it, any such action from me would be EXTREMELY rare.

• 1 month later...

Interesting proposal. Are your intentionally trying to hamstring combat mechanics then, at least until Beta?

"

A true fighting spirit can never be subdued, not even by broken bones...or agreements...or Alpha tests.

"

Alpha is not likely to have Construct vs Construct combat and all progress will be wiped for Beta, so this seems perfectly reasonable. Although, I think that at least one person should be shot just make sure that game mechanic works. Any volunteers? :P

Well dang, no one has volunteered, so I guess someone has to, Code24 if you need someone to shoot at you I will do it for the cause. Heck we can even simulate multiple people shooting you... Interested Lights? ;)

Overall this idea has merit, perhaps the pledge could be altered to state something like "without mutual consent" to engage in hostilities, thus providing the necessary flexibility for players to test out the functionality, tactics, strategy, etc...

Well dang, no one has volunteered, so I guess someone has to, Code24 if you need someone to shoot at you I will do it for the cause. Heck we can even simulate multiple people shooting you... Interested Lights? ;)

Overall this idea has merit, perhaps the pledge could be altered to state something like "without mutual consent" to engage in hostilities, thus providing the necessary flexibility for players to test out the functionality, tactics, strategy, etc...

ill volunteer if i get a vest :D

I disagree with this motion.

I believe comba, attacking, and looting are features that also needs testing. Even griefing to an extent.

Not because I simply want to be an a**, but I'm sure the DEVs want to test the game on a relatively normal

And projected environment.

If and when such things presents problems, I feel that it is better to realize these sooner than later.

"Do we need a discussion for this?" I say as I'm gripping the weapon handle.

"C'mon Kuritho, you DON'T actually think we're signing this for real. We are going to kill them the chance we get." Remarks Jerai.

"I guess we'll go hide behind this cover of 'safety', ready to strike."

"Showtime, baby!"

And this is basically how a lot of us will go, hiding behind this diplomat that is of no protection, striking down with force once ready. But some of us, like Twerk, TheBlender and I, will go bold. Go first.

Strike first

"Do we need a discussion for this?" I say as I'm gripping the weapon handle.

"C'mon Kuritho, you DON'T actually think we're signing this for real. We are going to kill them the chance we get." Remarks Jerai.

"I guess we'll go hide behind this cover of 'safety', ready to strike."

"Showtime, baby!"

And this is basically how a lot of us will go, hiding behind this diplomat that is of no protection, striking down with force once ready. But some of us, like Twerk, TheBlender and I, will go bold. Go first.

Strike first

"

If your combat is half as good as your role play, I look forward to the Alpha.

I believe Wilks was simply trying to shield those with no interest in combat and for the right price, I would do the same.

Combat is in our blood and conflict is older than man. I'm anxious to see what people are capable of fielding in the Alpha - and more importantly whether their actions will be as heavy as their words.

If I may be so bold, please keep up with this way of posting, Kuritho; it makes reading a lot more lively.

"

• 3 weeks later...

I just can't get why people think "Alpha" testing is the same as being in the "Alpha" teams that are first on Alioth in game (which really, is Beta). I think you should all be really clear - these CCP's are about Beta onwards, when game persistence matters.

Scenarios you can reasonably expect from Alpha testing based on extensive experience:

• Expect the server to be wiped and reset daily.

• The concept of "starting level" - expect that you'll be able to create OP characters at, in some cases, max level cap.

• Expect that they will want at least a couple of load tests where everyone gets on at once and goes to the same location.

• Expect that they will want to do the same thing, but with combat.

• Expect that they will want to do the same thing but with building / construction.

• Expect that if you are in Alpha, it's not about fun, but hard work, breaking the server and/or pushing it to it's limits.

• Expect that in Alpha, they may also want to test the Org system, which may involved people making, joining and disbanding orgs to test Legate/Role mechanisms, trading, permissions etc.

• If you are in a real Alpha test, you are by extension, essentially an NQ employee, so in game orgs and loyalty to same is pointless.

(To put it another way - people may look a bit silly going to all this effort only to find Alpha is actually "everyone is in the same org and makes characters that don't last longer than 12 hours..." ) ;)

tl;dr - Make this all about Beta, and remove references to Alpha testing. Trust me.

"Nay, an entire Universe.

When the battle starts, I have only one piece of advice to give you:

Fly safe. o7.

"

I'll be flying with you, Owl.

I personally feel that combat will be something that has to be done, in order to test it with lots of players. Combat will be an important part of the final game, and as such I think it's important that active forum members participate in it at some point, if not at least in a mutually respectful and organized manner.