Contractual Corporate Peace Accords {CCPA}

Wilks Checkov

Contractual Corporate Peace Agreement {CCPA}  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you and your associated members and or groups agree to not participate in open hostilities during the alpha. The time of early awakening or {Alpha} will be used to test features as released.

• Yes - {I/We support this motion}
    • No - {I/We do not plan on supporting this motion}

e_Jw_Fwd_ENh_CAMANBd_GIDSWiq4z_IUg_QRMVA

Contractual Corporate Peace Accords {CCPA}

(For  and during Alpha early awakening phase)

This accord is brought forth onto the members of the ARK to bring a ceasefire during the period of early awakening "otherwise known as {Alpha}" so that the focus can be aimed toward the development of further features and or equipment. 

This accord asks that all participants refrain from the following actions during the allocated period of time:

• Active and Open War Declarations
  • Any unwarranted KOS (Kill on Sight) activity
  • Unwanted/Unwarranted Griefing against other items/constructs unless specific permission is received from the title holder and or owner.

This agreement will be null/void on release of the second early awakening phase "otherwise known as {Beta}." During this period of second awakening any and all hostilities and or open testing of weapons systems will be permitted.

"The purpose of this aforementioned pact is to ensure all parties involved in the early awakening phase "or {Alpha}" do not engage in any form of unwarranted hostile activity. Instead their time will be focused on participating in bug testing, conceptualization of new features that could be added into the game, and testing of game functions."

By agreeing to this accord you accept and agree to the following:

• That this is an alpha and should be used/treated as a time to participate in the games development, not in hostile actions. 

Murder, blood and violence shall reign... Is their even going to be a pvp system implemented in the alpha?

I agree with the no griefing, (destroying things just for the sake of causing negative emotion in the other party) But I believe that the combat system if any being tested as part of this alpha will be important. Not only testing the game mechanics but also testing how it shapes the future of dual universe.

Besides my or rather our support, I think it is a good idea. While combat will of course be tested somehow once it's integrated, this gives the community more focus on actual bug fixing and giving ideas compared to a larger portion just trying to smash each other's skulls in.

I think that if a larger part of the community focuses on features, mechanics and errors rather than pure combat then we all benefit.

I think this is reasonable. It's important to test everything, combat included, but the alpha should focus on everything and not unwarranted combat.

I and those I represent will still be looking to try out all aspects of the game and have some fun fighting, but will refrain from unprovoked/non-mutual combat.

Support from me, alpha is to test things and give them reports. It's not about griefing and killing all people you see (happens in beta enough).

Combat (if implemented) has to be tested thoroughly because it's an important aspect of the game, but this testing should be consensual. I will organize an all out war or something (large number of participants) to test all the mechanics BUT everyone knows that this is only for testing purpose and is not meant for lolz.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't believe we'll be capable of learning how to build turrets when the alpha launches because of the little amount of time the server will be up.  Plus, the devs will wipe the server once alpha/beta testing in done...

We could use the time to explore and engage in "test" to see what weapon types are good for whatever armors and get a wiki up for everyone.

Alpha is not likely to have Construct vs Construct combat and all progress will be wiped for Beta, so this seems perfectly reasonable. Although, I think that at least one person should be shot just make sure that game mechanic works. Any volunteers? :P

[Raises hand] I volunteer! I just ask that you won't loot everything from my corpse, for experimenting purposes of course. 

Gotta know how the resurrection goes, how much of the corpse's stuff can be looted and how long it will take for the corpse and stuff on it to disappear. This all may even require repeating the experiment...

What, it might have been a joke? Pshaw, this is science!

We should probably have a designated combat zone if everyone agrees to this, the mechanics of combat are going to need to be tested

As I already said, I will organize some PvP events BECAUSE that needs thorough testing. Nonetheless it's better for the overall alpha, if there is a general non-stop PvP agreement