「Vulture Metropolice」 [ⓋⓅⓄⓁ] | Law Enforcement ☑ - RP ☑]

Warden

V8YiyjY.png

- This is a placeholder image for now; the name is subject to change -

As previously mentioned in the corporate thread we hereby initiate the 'next phase' of this project.

STATUS

WORK IN PROGRESS - LONG TERM

ASSETS AND UNITS
  • Airwatch
  • (Reserved, ground component -> urban / rural patrol, traffic management duties and highway / speedway patrol)
  • (Reserved, riot component)
  • (Reserved, tactical component)
  • (Reserved, corrections component)
CORE INTENTION

Vulture Corporation tries to spearhead and / or support a police force for long-term stability of moderate to major urban centres. With low size focus may be on one or two.

Focus can include training, tactics and equipment such as vehicles (possibly incl. design) and less-than-lethal and lethal weaponry. Units are deployed after sufficient law and tactical training to work under the regulations and laws set by VPOL and / or any city, faction or alliance officials that have sufficient influence in the according city.

There is currently and for the foreseeable future no intention to portray an intergalactic police force - for any security contracting needs we refer to corporations or contractors. As independent player nations and states will likely try to run their own security or police forces, we look for those interested in bolstering their (future) city or larger settlements with a dedicated police force.

This means that this project is so far aiming at partners and joint city projects where several parties share tasks and responsibilities. Of course, given demand it is also possible that existing entities bolster their own forces.

In a nutshell, picture a dedicated police unit "for hire" without any cliché downsides such as tiered insurance levels per city dweller.

CORE VALUES

VPOL will so far be inspired and guided by a set of tweaked principles of a constitutional state or a state under the rule of law. German users could surely relate to the word "Rechtsstaat" - details would depend on the other party (the city civil authorities, nation or alliance) but a general approach of de-escalation is favored and encouraged. These will find some specification in basic regulations and guidelines.

In a nutshell we don't look for an authoritarian mindset.

Q & A (add your own via thread or PM)

- Specifics will follow -

CAREER

We are glad for anyone interested in this project - while this project is initiated and supported by Vulture Corporation, you don't have to become a member of said entity - you can so far become a VPOL member while being part of an existing organization or alliance as long as no conflict of interest with the respective city authorities that we back arises.

A clean slate is to be expected, however.

LINKS

FEEDBACK

Your feedback, ideas and support help. Let us know what you think so we can adapt - or consider it, at least.

MULTIMEDIA AND MORE

Pictures (static/animated)

aMiuwNQ.gif

Discord promotion (COPypaste)

**Vulture Metropolice**

A work-in-progress 'standalone' police force for a larger city or settlement - sounds remotely interesting to you? Perhaps this is something for you then. We look for both interested city creators to cover their demands and personnel as well.

Some more information and discussion at: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/9866-「vulture-metropolice」-ⓋⓅⓄⓁ-law-enforcement-☑-rp-☑/

- Subject to change ... obviously -

So another organization can contract your police force to help out with law enforcement?

Thanks for your first and quick inquiry.

This would be possible from what we intend so far - but it's still a lot of time until this can be executed, not just planned on paper. If we will be relatively small, we'll likely try to focus on one moderate or larger city or settlement. If we can cover more, then we try to. Regardless of whether we are able to dedicate units to a smaller settlement or organization for actual policing - helping other organizations by training their own security forces or perhaps equipping them would be possible even if we can't dedicate personnel.

One major thing to note;

VPOL will have access to much of the research produced by Vulture Corporation and can act as a reseller to police forces and security outfits. VPOL has a licence to sell VCORP brand ships, vehicles and building and object blueprints. Ships and vehicles will be similar to civilian and militia purchasable craft, but built for security and policing use.

- Rather OOC so far by the way -

No need to get the pitchforks out (yet).

We will so far favor de-escalation and applying soft measures first. I also would not overestimate the "for hire" part - they won't be classic mercenaries.

This isn't intended as some sort of corporate security force or PMC with a more official touch for hire, always quick to change affiliations or whatnot - despite being ironically initiated by a corporation.

Perhaps consider it a project rather? The idea is to eventually tie them all to one major city, a large district of one or various moderate settlements. Officers deployed would at the same time be inclined or required to become citizens of said city or alliance. This means anyone can take part but it could also mean this force becomes part of something once there are 'deals' in place. Due to how it is set up so far this would work best for neutral or alliance cities where basically several parties take part. If a major urban center is given, this could remain 'standalone' (but still tied to it).

On another note we so far plan to create a website for this if interest increases. If you are interested, whether as someone to request this force or to join this specific force, send a PM.

Assets/Units category added to OP.

The following assets have been cleared or in essence confirmed:

- Airwatch

This will be the air component.

Other components (in OP) are reserved for now until more can be said - this depends on gameplay mechanics - or once a definite name is selected.

Assets/Units category added to OP.

The following assets have been cleared or in essence confirmed:

- Airwatch

This will be the air component.

Other components (in OP) are reserved for now until more can be said - this depends on gameplay mechanics - or once a definite name is selected.

"Excellent. I'd love to see how this progresses. I wish you the best, Warden. Keep it up."

I wouldn't take services of such an org. Too risky I may say. But it seems a good idea, mercenary cops, it just seems like the US coming to help some citizenship in order to take their money (kindda but don't we talk about it directly).

I wouldn't take services of such an org. Too risky I may say. But it seems a good idea, mercenary cops, it just seems like the US coming to help some citizenship in order to take their money (kindda but don't we talk about it directly).

Interesting angle. In what sense could it be too risky? Furthermore, would you assume taking / making money is the main motivation with this project and why?

Interesting angle. In what sense could it be too risky? Furthermore, would you assume taking / making money is the main motivation with this project and why?

You sell security, I don't buy. Security is a national problem. It would be as if I went in the street and asked for gangsters to protect the US citizens (well exaggerated). The point is you are mercenaries, you can also betray for the more offering and execute the order 66 (sorry I wanted to say it), you see? I believe some orgs will still want your services though, for special missions, but then you are not shipmen but want to protect citizens...

Your org would live out of making making money with your service, or do you intend to protect citizens that are not yours just by clenching some hands, and making it universe-wide, without considering you serve different orgs that might be enemies.

You sell security, I don't buy. Security is a national problem. It would be as if I went in the street and asked for gangsters to protect the US citizens (well exaggerated). The point is you are mercenaries, you can also betray for the more offering and execute the order 66 (sorry I wanted to say it), you see? I believe some orgs will still want your services though, for special missions, but then you are not shipmen but want to protect citizens...

Your org would live out of making making money with your service, or do you intend to protect citizens that are not yours just by clenching some hands, and making it universe-wide, without considering you serve different orgs that might be enemies.

Ironically the creation for this "project" is a bit like outsourcing, just for the purpose to avoid another mercenary force for hire, and the intention isn't to make money. This is explained in the larger context, however, and surely not visible on first glance I suppose, due to still being referred to as mercenary cops. Perhaps I have to tweak the OP further to make it stand out.

Let's go from the top however.

You sell security, I don't buy. Security is a national problem. It would be as if I went in the street and asked for gangsters to protect the US citizens (well exaggerated).

You seem to cover what I mentioned in the OP already - a classic player led nation or empire. It is therefore no surprise that you have no interest in this or similar offers as you rather try to rely on your own forces. That is to be expected (not saying it is bad).

It has pros and cons in my opinion. You have direct oversight, influence and control over anything that is internal or part of it. But you have to build it up first. You plan to go for an empire after all and for me, all player led nations, empires, governments etc. need a minimum size to be able to really fill all the positions that come with that unless you plan to multitask a lot. An external entity is just that - external. You don't have as much direct influence or power over it initially in most cases, but you could have later depending on how deep trust and cooperation is.

To give another example on how this could be useful: Say you are of moderate size and intend to build a large city now - on your own. That is probably resource heavy and time consuming already. Now let's say you're far enough that you have to worry about a police force - you'd have to build it up for your own whereas there's already a few out there from which you could learn (training) or request personnel (seems like mercs now, more on that below however). You could bolster ranks almost immediately after a few discussions and agreements - or you still rely on your own security forces but use additional forces elsewhere or in certain parts of a larger city.

As for "security is a national problem" - that is the mindset today but even in most nations security is bolstered by private companies that protect private property all over the place. Nations may all regulate it but they certainly resort to companies to help with inner security.

The point is you are mercenaries, you can also betray for the more offering and execute the order 66 (sorry I wanted to say it), you see?

The idea for this project is to not be mercenaries. The only "for hire" component would be initial as we try to find a place that accepts a dedicated police force that is 'external' initially but is then integrated into the city, the structure and those who manage it. The core idea is to add stability to a major urban center with a dedicated police force where units are citizens of the city.

To rephrase: we could do all that. Anyone could do a lot. But that's not the intention. We intend to pick one city or a connected hub of moderate settlements and protect them, not be all over the universe as cops for hire. The focus remains on select areas that we then try to focus on and stick with.

Besides even if we went along with the "mercenary for hire" part, how bad would it look if we "betrayed" anyone?

I like to highlight that making money is not the primary goal. It's secondary or tertiary and at least just to the point to cover all expenses. A police force costs money as all know. We'll actually lower costs by outsourcing some demands (repairs, ship designs, etc) to the affiliated corporation that will try to provide some of these things. The rest of expenses that make it through somehow? Shrug. Donations or a portion of taxes.

without considering you serve different orgs that might be enemies.

If all works as intended we won't be serving different orgs that might be enemies. The idea is to focus on one larger city or a set of connected cities or settlements in the end as we work under / with an organization or a set of organizations that maintains those cities or settlements. If the area is rather large that will demand most of the attention anyway and as there would be no other organizations, there would be no conflict of interest.

I also like to highlight that we'll likely only work with specific organizations that have specific mindsets. So far we don't intend to work with more autocratic governments or groups. That's another potential conflict of interest off the list even if we were to serve different groups in different areas.

--- --- ---

I hope that clarified some aspects. More questions or doubts? Did I forget something? Throw anything my way. The more the merrier!

What.a.hell.of.an.answer. Really well done. The thing is I thought your org wanted to offer their services to anyone who would like to buy it. You didn't say at first you wouldn't serve an empire and would only serve the others that think the same about the politic functioning.

Thanks.

you said "In a nutshell we don't look for an authoritarian mindset"  I'm aware, but you actually offer services so I thought you weren't 'authoritarian' and it had no link with who you would help, now I'm enlightened.

• 3 weeks later...

Corrections unit (reservation) added to OP.

It will likely be integrated somehow and used when required. Even without a classic jailing system, similar punishment could in theory be applied or it could be considered a possible way for those who have been banned from certain services or a larger area to "redeem" themselves - through manual labor or similar.

Expect a dedicated website in the near future.

What about penal battalions? :) That could be fun AND profitable.

(I'm had that idea as part of my background FWIW - so happy to provide the precedent you need that it was a common thing in 26th century Earth)

Unless I mix the terms up, that is what I had in mind, roughly.

I dislike the often "absolute mentality" that some apply in these sandbox environments, like "shoot or not". I think one can consider things in-between such as fines or manual labor and it would, in the end, add immersion and a different approach to punishments.

If a hub is really vital, being banned from there can be some kind of punishment - you cut off people from infrastructure or services. At the same time you could offer ways they can redeem themselves - fines or manual labor. Or you use the very same things as option before any final "ban" or "cut" is made, alternatively. I honestly think it would be "fun" and work without any classic jailing system. But time will tell whether we get that far and what the later game versions will offer.

You know you can join this project or idea, mister "kids drew on my avatar", as it works beyond classic organization membership. ;)

On another note we already have the first volunteer.

• 4 weeks later...

Minor addendum: The ground component will include traffic managing duties, if they ever become necessary and if we ever reach the live stage / if the game makes it.

???? Necessary I think the key word is there (in terms of volume).

Made me think tho - stationary point sec could also include pure Customs work - anti-smuggler stuff, either ground OR low orbit (for the non ground pounders). Potentially a niche unfilled compared to anti-piracy orgs.

Necessary I think the key word is there (in terms of volume).

Made me think tho - stationary point sec could also include pure Customs work - anti-smuggler stuff, either ground OR low orbit (for the non ground pounders). Potentially a niche unfilled compared to anti-piracy orgs.

Time will. In the end a lot also depends on whatever city authority or faction there may be - so far I still consider this rough idea to be something that adds to a city and not something that runs it. Like in reality, where police may enforce laws and to some extend suggest them or suggest changes (the higher layers), they are not responsible for coming up with laws in the end.

We may give suggestions and we'll roughly try to align interests and whatnot (e.g. we currently do not really intend to support some cliché hardcore Empire going full police state) but in the end the fine details will be up for those who manage the city.

It could even be theoretically possible that they do not really outlaw anything specific - thus fighting 'smugglers' would not be necessary - no one (there anyway) would be considered a smuggler or someone doing illegal things with certain goods then, such as transporting them. Even if laws would be rather "liberal", I can still see a few good uses for a project like this.

After all, even if they have little to do in day-to-day operations, they'd be an additional defense layer for the city if it ever gets attacked by some hostile foreign power. In addition they could still cover minor policing tasks - if traffic problems won't be a thing they could still be like forum mods if there are disputes. Or they boot out those who disturb the public peace in a major notable way somehow.

But this is still far in the future. How it ends up will depend on two things I assume.

1) Who is willing to incorporate this idea into a larger urban area and what level of enforcement is aimed for?

2) Will the game allow this?

• 1 month later...

Slight addition:

Ground / traffic component may as well include potential "highway" patrols, if there will be highways. Or speedway. Come up with a fancy name, people!

OP updated.

----

Still looking for eager motivated projects that intend to create a larger urban area that is looking to establish a dedicated police force (city or just district wide depending on size) or boost their own forces with this. This could mostly fit for a city that isn't purely for a faction but open to different groups and visitors. The best thing is that specifications (such as laws and all that) will be worked out with the 'other side' meaning that integration should not be hard or bumpy, nor would there be mistrust due to handing off specific executive abilities to a different entity that is not part of one's own faction in the classic sense.

The possible advantages?

You don't necessarily have to create and manage your very own security forces for larger urban areas and save time, resources and possibly a few nerves. You still want to rely on your own forces for an urban area? That's perfectly fine and reasonable, but as they say: The more, the merrier. Urban areas could be at risks or simply stretch forces thin if they eventually reach a larger size. In this case, your existing forces could receive backup from a dedicated entity.

You wouldn't have to worry (as much) about training and providing equipment, too. This project is backed by a corporation that will create its equipment, vehicles, gear and whatnot unless sufficient volunteers or other supporters arrive until then. There's also another possible advantage for all: Integrating many players into your security structure without the potential obstacles or requirements (or problems). You can essentially outsource and boost some of your security with this. You free up resources if you do not have to dedicate all of your forces to protecting your grand city, in a nutshell, or even boost it if you dedicate most of your forces to the city and then have an additional force at hand to help when it matters.

Questions? Something dubious? Very feasible, not feasible? You are possibly interested in creating something large? Just ask - the best way to clear up confusion or problems.

And should you be interested in working together, please send a message detailing your faction, group or city project. Better start early and have things ready once gameplay becomes relevant than wait and miss many opportunities, I think.

Besides, forming bonds early can result in the most strong ones.

• 5 weeks later...

Greetings!

Given potential renewed interest in this project by a faction, this thread may receive some minor to moderate overhauls in the near future.

As soon as one faction, group or other entity requests this service for their settlement, port, city, areas and whatever you can think of, there will be a website / forum considered in addition to organize this more thoroughly. Of course we could also consider integrating this "unit" into an existing forum. Whatever works best in the end.

Your demand - our progress.