「Vulture Metropolice」 [ⓋⓅⓄⓁ] | Law Enforcement ☑ - RP ☑]

Warden

Really interesting and I read all your answers to the other questions as well, and certainly an awesome project. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully we may work together someday ;)

I can't believe I am just seeing this now! This looks like a very interesting project and I wish you great success. I think something like this will become indispensable as new and bigger cities are built.

I thank you two (and for that matter anyone else who may find it remotely interesting now or later on).

I personally think it'll fill a good niche, especially for the folks into this stuff. General law enforcement RP maybe. I think having this as a somewhat separated project allows more people access to it, compared to forcing some to join specific organizations or possibly being restricted by them. Example: someone could be in some company and then join up here to see a different type of gameplay. Given that we will focus on large and / or neutral places, I think a conflict of interest can also be reduced.

At the same time, strictly governmental or faction-focused police and security organizations are not touched by this, so there is no "monopoly" or competition here.

To summarize, I mostly see benefits.

But alas, time shall be the ultimate judge.

• 2 weeks later...

Just throwing it in here after playing around a bit. Due to size (despite slight optimization) it could initially be choppy as it loads for those with a smaller connection. 'bout 9mb.

Later usage examples: Potential in-setting 'screensaver' or looping on (public) telescreens for promotion, etc.

aMiuwNQ.gif

• 10 months later...

Good news. 

This idea or project found a taker for the future, more or less, even though many details are yet uncertain and a lot will depend on game play mechanics and progress of the other project. 

But if all goes well, this force will police a part of the city project "Tortuga" later on. 

Due to actual demand and something that fits the bill (Tortuga fits into a city idea as we initially imagined it for this police idea) this will see a proper level of care in the very near future. 

This will mostly include a (promo) website and working out entry requirements, how we imagine how things could run - and where practical limits might be. 

Reference to city project:

• 3 weeks later...

I have actually revived an old website idea and converted it to this project, with most of it completed while the rest needs some fine tuning.

»metropolice.agency

Please note: It's mostly for promotion and not done. As such, texts and multimedia will see additional fine-tuning over time with the licensed material we obtained (thus, don't worry, no copyright issues here - hey, with what happened some time ago in the community I better mention this :P).

Consider it a place holder that, nonetheless, can already promote the project and will be fine-tuned as Tortuga and this project advances. It's a step forward either way.

How to contact us

If you want to contact me about expressing interest in joining or to provide feedback, please do so here or via the PM system on the community website at https://community.dualthegame.com/accounts/inbox#tab-write

If you enter "Warden" into the user window, it should direct messages to me on that part of the website. Please do not use the forum here as my inbox is relatively packed and almost full.

So what is left to DU, all in all?

1. Wait for more game and city project progress and more details
  2. Fine-tune the promotional website and content of any type
  3. Overhaul the OP and potentially...
  4. ...come up with some sort of application system and basic requirements and expectations (potentially done via the promotional website or a forum thread in a dedicated Tortuga forum)
  5. Eventually find solid personnel for leadership positions or generally fitting members so that this thing can basically "run on its own" without too much management required in daily operations - this would also be ideal for me due to time constraints and commitments in other projects I have

We may also ditch the website (or keep it for promotional purposes only, but move applications and so on) if Tortuga decides to open a community website or forum where all organizations, groups and individuals that take part can organize. This would, from my humble point of view, make sense eventually and connect the city and its inhabitants or supporters more. While a Discord server exists, I think a (dedicated) forum might be easier to store information in or navigate said information, so it should be considered at one point. While I really like the project and would even consider providing a place, this should ideally be done by the "founding fathers" (and / or mothers) of the Tortuga project as having all of that outsourced can lead to ... potential risks or data loss later on.

I can or will gladly provide domain name suggestions however :)

• 3 months later...

Notice: This primarily refers to the Tortuga project team - as such, employment or primary focus would be for that particular city project

x7xRvuh.png

»www.metropolice.agency

Hello there,

While not much has been going on, we still aim to fulfil our obligations to our partners once the time is right. But we can hardly do it alone.

• Do you want to play a cop and maintain stability¹ in what will become a large urban environment, a sprawling city?
  • Do you want to take responsibility?
  • Do you want to contribute to a bigger project and society?
  • Do you want to experience a job where you may never truly know what could happen next?

Then all you have to do is express your interest here or via PM. A list will collect all willing participants and once more progress is made or when full recruitment or training may begin, you will receive a letter informing you about the next steps.

The best thing is that just like the Tortuga city project we intend to support, this idea is open to the public and not player organization exclusive, meaning that you can generally contribute despite having primary membership in another organization - as long as you are willing and able to commit time to the duties that will be expected of you on a weekly basis on average.

You can make it a full time job or a part time job. It's up to you. You are in control.

Other potential benefits² could later include:

• Preferred selection (or discounts) in obtaining certain permits for shops, housing, etc.
  • Tax reductions
  • A stable income
  • Diverse career options
  • And more!

PfVuLdV.jpg

The future awaits, but it does not wait for you forever

¹ The regulations and range of enforcement options - what you will be permitted to do on duty and what duties we will generally be given - will primarily be permitted and set by Tortuga city management - as such, they will likely be specified later on. How much personnel we can employ and what divisions will be created will depend on this first and foremost.

² Lists possibilities, not guarantees, as integration depth, (financial) expectations and potential benefits will be later decided by city management. If feasible, all employees will receive salary through private efforts of backing Corporations or if city tax funds are granted for paying personnel. For other aspects, see ¹

• 2 months later...