Dual Universe Explorers - Live Q&A w/ JC Baillie - Novaquark CEO || 09/17/2016

yamamushi

There were not many surprises for me. Everything is limited by server size and team size and the need to limit the flow of data to millions of users.

One question was answered it's not marching cubes but a improvement on marching cubes or tetrahedrons.  Need to search up all the newer voxel signographs. 

The industrial craft 2 indicates the tech tree's roots so it does look like the disposal unit will be a macerator or recycler analogue. A way to get rid of all the rock. A modded minecraft tech tree with shields, etc would be cool but it's a lot of work and testing. Direwolf20 would love it. 

Good old Minecrafters (with mods). IC was fun for the short time I played it.

Thus I hope we find similar "gadgets" and mechanics in DU. Let others wage eternal wars while I (with others) focus on the industry and efficiency. Given the background JC has, we seem to be on a good way although I still consider some mechanics a "downside". For example floating blocks or the lock-on target mechanics.

I can understand why that is selected - for technical and other reasons. Still not my first preference however.