Youtube on in Game moniters

BliitzTheFox

Alright so we are going to have screens in game that show ship functions already. However, we will definitely have a lot of people trying to sell ships and services in game. Is it possible to have a screen in game play an external Youtube video repeatedly? This way markets will have various advertisements as any real market would. Could even make sound come from them and dissipate after a certain distance depending on volume.

The question is if its even possible or how much of an impact it would have on servers.

On-screen inside of ships, for personal use, would be awesome. That goes along with the server browser suggestion. As for advertisements, I fear people would use them less for advertising in-game stuff, and more for playing annoying videos, or promoting their channel.  :D I mean common... This is the internet we're talking about.

On-screen inside of ships, for personal use, would be awesome. That goes along with the server browser suggestion. As for advertisements, I fear people would use them less for advertising in-game stuff, and more for playing annoying videos, or promoting their channel.  :D I mean common... This is the internet we're talking about.

*insert nyancat song here*

*people shoot the video feed*

GG boys/girls.

Also, a corporation would probably make some rules on those.

Hate to be the "buster" on this one, but technically this could be used to violate quite a lot of copyrights on several forums of media. Hence my not thinking this will happen.

If its playing a youtube video, it would then be up to youtube to remove the video for breaking copyrights, if they have permission to show it (like the music videos all over it) than any other site linking to it is safe

What about a screen type Element that plays a pre programmed selection of short videos made by NQ.  Like in game news and ads or whatever.

Something like the Radio in Grand Theft Auto.  I've always loved the immersive element that the radio adds to gta games.

Yea galactic news broadcasts would be very cool.

But, if you allow screens with youtube promotions one problem I can imagine is noise pollution. Just imagine 3 screens all with different audio playing. Now 5 screens then perhaps 10.

Though if anyone has played Anarchy Online you remember the add bilboards. I always found them to be quite fun. So technically (in their engine) it was possible.

Well there are a couple of games who have rl live advertisement to fill the "virtual billboards" ingame for example GTA V has such feature if its connect to the internet.

This is somehow fun but also very scary because it will influence you mostly without you noticing it.

Obama used this in his election 2008 in various XBOX games.

The necessity for that would be to integrate a web browser.

Now noise pollution would be up to an organization to solve, no one wants to shop somewhere they can't hear. Which means organization would have restrictions on if you can play sound, or how loud it can be. They could even make their own rules on what can be shown in their markets.

Now noise pollution would be up to an organization to solve, no one wants to shop somewhere they can't hear...

Exactly.

I think if such restrictions can be implemented the idea has merit.

Of course it has to be technically possible and the devs need the resources to make it work. It would be a nice addition to the game but most likely not for the immediate future.

Hmm... This brings some interesting options to the game.
Organizations that produce ships, or even just a single player, could pay another organization or such to display ads for their in-game product.
Organizations could display propaganda or other things on a kind of network across all their linked areas.
In-Game television/radio stations.
So many possibilities.