Fanmade Music

yamamushi

I had started a thread in the Arkship pub forum about this, but in hindsight I realize that was the wrong place for the topic.

Rather than repost everything, I'll just link that thread here: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/976-collaborating-on-fanmade-music/

Here is some ambient music I was playing around with tonight in Ableton, set to the flight footage from the latest gameplay video:

I'm eager to find anyone who wants to work together on some more fanmade music :-) 

i don't feel an active aggressive music fits these types of games unless in a combat scenario, but most of the time its general calm as should the music be

Uhm, passive aggressive? :P If you are referring to the Vanu OST, then you are clearly wrong >_> The complete OST in the video has many a songs that bring serenity. And I meant I would change my music files to play those songs.

Papa Vanu approves.

First of all, the only good Barney is a dead Barney.  just a friendly message from the mother republic :P.

now on to relevancy, your track didn't have a bad sound Yamamushi although i kept wanting it to do a little more than it did. but that was also my feeling of the music you linked in the other thread. it just felt like it wanted to reach that level of epic that would make just standing around looking at a hill feel like an epic adventure but fell short.

but perhaps a more ambient music would fit for the out of combat situations in the game, but i do hope there is some epic combat music. what ever music this game ends up with i hope its good as opposed to a lot of the other games i have played where i just mute the music because it got annoying after a couple of week of play. like eve, if you ask about the music in eve the vast majority of us would say "eve has music?".

and i have to agree with the captain, the music in both of the planetside games was full of win. i cant tell you how many times the victory music that played when you captured a base in the first planet side inspired me to jump out of my chair fists raised in the air. in fact the neighbors even called the cops on me once for making too much noise in my jubilation.

I had started a thread in the Arkship pub forum about this, but in hindsight I realize that was the wrong place for the topic.

Rather than repost everything, I'll just link that thread here: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/976-collaborating-on-fanmade-music/

Here is some ambient music I was playing around with tonight in Ableton, set to the flight footage from the latest gameplay video:

I'm eager to find anyone who wants to work together on some more fanmade music :-) 

Please don't take this the wrong way yamamushi........  MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!  KILL IT!  KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!! :o

Crap that was loud.

I'd love to collaborate, as I stated on your previous thread. Count me in! :)

My only limitation is my (limited) access to different instruments and plugins for FL Studio.