My Community Has Withdrawn Our Pledges

ChipPatton

I'm pretty sure we need to let this thread die

961.png

When we were beating a dead horse, it was still kind of OK...

Now that it's *completely* off-topic, I couldn't agree more -- lock it, maybe delete the off-topic posts (including this one and other off topic ones of mine)

[EDIT: Also, this will indeed be my final post here, trolls rejoice]

Ok,have fun in your 'community'. Bye bye

You must have been in IWI, you want that line of argument which is prima facie to the pay-to-win scheme of PLEX to die pretty quick it seems.

Hopefully your pal with deep pockets will be joining you here and not fighting against you, for your own sake.

I would love nothing more than to sit down and explain to him why DAC isn't cool, but this is obviously already in stone so there is no conversation that can actually help here because Nyzaltar is already convinced that DAC is some whiteknight tool to use against farmers when it is anything but.

From your own admission, you're NOT going to convince Novaquark to change their mind.

You and your "community" have already withdrawn your pledges.

Why are you here? To Troll? To cause strife within the community? To undermine the Kickstarter?

You must have been in IWI, you want that line of argument which is prima facie to the pay-to-win scheme of PLEX to die pretty quick it seems.

Hopefully your pal with deep pockets will be joining you here and not fighting against you, for your own sake.

Seriously, go cry about your EVE on EVE-forums... idiotic comparisons of DAC and PLEX in different game mechanics (payment rewards actualy)...

My definition is the most literal and I walk back to EVE to explain:

Corporation A and Corporation B fight over territory in nullsec.

Corporation A (the defenders) are winning and have the home field advantage.

Corporation B (aggressors) are all but spent.  Then suddenly one of the members buys $50,000 in plex. 

Corporation B smokes Corporation A and makes them go extinct.  Corporation B quits the game in a swarm.

This is a true story.  Corporation B, quite literally, "PAID" IRL money to "WIN" in the game.  You can't possibly find a more literal definition.

Being as DAC will follow a very precise path of PLEX in this game, it will be pay to win in the most literal sense.

But guild A still had options (or should have in a well designed system). They could have called in allies to help, they could have used espionage and spying to undermine the other guild. Any number of in game mechanics are available. There's also likely more a case of bad design if the game allows paying cash to have that much power and less to do with actual RMTs existing or not. If numbers ie zerg is the ultimate strategy to win then that's a design flaw that will hurt the game regardless of RMTs or not.

From your own admission, you're NOT going to convince Novaquark to change their mind.

You and your "community" have already withdrawn your pledges.

Why are you here? To Troll? To cause strife within the community? To undermine the Kickstarter?

I would say DAC undermined the KS for itself.  There are countless people withholding pledges because of DAC and the relationship to PLEX.

Seriously, go cry about your EVE on EVE-forums... idiotic comparisons of DAC and PLEX in different game mechanics...

Oh, we did that by canceling our very long-held subscriptions. 

But guild A still had recourse. They could have called in allies to help, they could have used espionage and spying to undermine the other guild. Any number of in game mechanics are available. There's also likely more a case of bad design if the game allows paying cash to have that much power and less to do with actual RMTs existing or not. If numbers ie zerg is the ultimate strategy to win then that's a design flaw that will hurt the game regardless of RMTs or not.

No, their allies were no match, even Severance sent out an advisory to stay out because they saw the market flood with Plex. Honestly, the only recourse was someone in Corporation A to have the necessary IRL funds to compete with the flood of Plex Corporation B dumped on the market.

This is a historical encounter in EVE Online where one of the most experienced corporations was defeated while many of their allies knew there was nothing that could be done without one of their own members sinking a lot of money into the game.  This is why these corporations quit the game -- they did not fight back or just chalk it up to "we were defeated".  They saw it as a battle they couldn't win because there were no Wall Street bankers in their corporation.

so to summarize

DAC is bad in your view which your entitled to, and you want nothing to do with this game because of DAC. 

DAC has already been committed to as its part of the kick starter rewards, so its here to stay.

so the debate is pointless, can you and 'your community' just go then? don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

Poor bees, they rmt themselves for years and then they are defeated by someone. So they whine everywhere about that, even in other forums from other games. Get a life, get over it and most importantly get out of here

No, their allies were no match, even Severance sent out an advisory to stay out because they saw the market flood with Plex. Honestly, the only recourse was someone in Corporation A to have the necessary IRL funds to compete with the flood of Plex Corporation B dumped on the market.

This is a historical encounter in EVE Online where one of the most experienced corporations was defeated while many of their allies knew there was nothing that could be done without one of their own members sinking a lot of money into the game.  This is why these corporations quit the game -- they did not fight back or just chalk it up to "we were defeated".  They saw it as a battle they couldn't win because there were no Wall Street bankers in their corporation.

Then like I just said in the post you quoted, thats bad game design if the game allows that to happen. You pointed out a great example of pay 2 win, but that still doesn't mean this game or any other game that's uses the same subscription model will be poorly designed as well. That can happen in games with or without DAC or PLEX or w/e if pure numbers ie zerg is the best easiest way to win.

Poor bees, they rmt themselves for years and then they are defeated by someone. So they whine everywhere about that, even in other forums from other games. Get a life, get over it and most importantly get out of here

I'm not a part of the swarm.  As you might bee able to tell, though, they are the BIGGEST organization in this game.  Imagine the buzz of DAC right now within their inner circles.

Then like I just said in the post you quoted, thats bad game design if the game allows that to happen. You pointed out a great example of pay 2 win, but that still doesn't mean this game or any other game that's uses the same subscription model will be poorly designed as well. That can happen in games with DAC or PLEX or w/e if pure numbers ie zerg is the best easiest way to win.

Sadly, from my understanding DAC is to be modeled almost exactly to PLEX, at least that is what Novaquark sent to me in the KS page.

Sadly, from my understanding DAC is to be modeled almost exactly to PLEX, at least that is what Novaquark sent to me in the KS page.

You're being too narrow minded. The payment model is one part of the whole game. Yeah DAC and PLEX are the same so... theres still a WHOLE game of mechanics and systems that the Dev can if able and willing to make it so it won't be Pay to win as your last game.

Look we've all had bad experiences in past games. My bad exp was in ArcheAge, game started great then went to pay2win RNG box hell. So now when I go to follow another game and there are similar models or systems to that game do I immediately freak out stop following it or make posts condemning it? Nope, I look at the WHOLE game not just cherry pick that one part that is similar to past game.

Bottom line, a LOT of games use this model, NO they are not all pay2win.

At this point I'm ready to keep posting the horse pics until things quiet down in this thread. The payment method has been decided on already, the fine details of how redemption will work is a bit in flux, but it's pretty much settled.

beating-a-dead-horse.png?w=863

XD some community rejected the game because they're stubborn. The P2W games are made by either strong or weird Asian outsourced studios. We finally get to know a game who will make what we're looking for, and definitely won't try to create P2W, and as they're transparent on other sides, I try to believe in it. Please try a little, don't be conducted by your community's majority.

I'm sure this has already been said fifteen times.

But to be honest i think the game is a lot better off without a "community" run by someone who's first move is to pledge without reading anything, and then threaten to cancel the pledge if the game isn't immediately molded to meet your expectations.

If ED manages not to sell game time tokens, it's probably because no one wants to play it, lol.

Every other game I know of eventually gets around to selling game tokens which can be sold in game - or some other method of selling game money. Otherwise, if anyone actually plays the game, a plethora of Chinese companies will be farming and selling game money for cash.