Unexpected awesome endorsement from RSI

guttertrash

"There is certainly quite a few similarities between what Dual Universe and Star Citizen are both aiming to achieve, but that’s not a bad thing! Space games are not a zero sum game. Different games, even with similar feature sets can have wildly different sensibilities and play experiences. Choice and a little friendly competition is always a good thing."

But jeez... am I going to have enough time to play both...  Thank you for the link gutter.  Very interesting and unexpected.

"There is certainly quite a few similarities between what Dual Universe and Star Citizen are both aiming to achieve, but that’s not a bad thing! Space games are not a zero sum game. Different games, even with similar feature sets can have wildly different sensibilities and play experiences. Choice and a little friendly competition is always a good thing."

But jeez... am I going to have enough time to play both...  Thank you for the link gutter.  Very interesting and unexpected.

First World Problems. :P

Nice endorsement. I had forgotten about my old Star Citizen account. How close are they to release?

Currently on Alpha 2.5, 2.6 with the little FPS combat mode is coming soon, and at the end of the year we expect to see alpha 3.0, which will include the entire Stanton System and the start of the real economy and stuff. Beta will surely follow about half a year later.

Currently on Alpha 2.5, 2.6 with the little FPS combat mode is coming soon, and at the end of the year we expect to see alpha 3.0, which will include the entire Stanton System and the start of the real economy and stuff. Beta will surely follow about half a year later.

People also expected Star Marine to drop within a week... 2 years ago. Just sayin' :V

Yep if JC's server architecture works every MMO game company will want it and so pushing their people to fund the experiment will be a major thing. If it works every game will be using it. The metaverse quadruples in size over night. 

If Dual Universe makes JC Baillie as rich as Markus 'Notch' Persson they can expect a low asking price for his technology. 

At this pace, yes, maybe the beta will come next year. Full release will however take some time since afaik all the stations and planets will be made by hand, and if you're going to have a hundreds of them they're going to spend lot of time just creating all the content. I still look forward to it :)