The Tempest Mission

yamamushi

23 minutes ago, 5p34k3r said:

I can't wait for this mission to start. I was already excited for DU, but this just keeps me coming back daily to check in the very very VERY unlikely chance if it being released before Sept haha. 

I really look forward to exploring our galactic neighbourhood with all of you.

We going to do any of this during the alpha testing phase?  Even if it's time limited and they wipe after, we can still test some of the warp mechanics, and general interstellar and interplanetary traveling.

If anyone has steam, feel free to add me.

Kuro Avuli

Maybe I could make a group or something similar for easier comms once the mission is underway 

Sadly, I don't the full compliment of game features will be available in alpha to accomplish this, but definitely some things can be tested!

2 hours ago, 5p34k3r said:

I can't wait for this mission to start. I was already excited for DU, but this just keeps me coming back daily to check in the very very VERY unlikely chance if it being released before Sept haha. 

I really look forward to exploring our galactic neighbourhood with all of you.

We going to do any of this during the alpha testing phase?  Even if it's time limited and they wipe after, we can still test some of the warp mechanics, and general interstellar and interplanetary traveling.

If anyone has steam, feel free to add me.

Kuro Avuli

Maybe I could make a group or something similar for easier comms once the mission is underway 

I sure want to try! I don't think we'll get very far, but the idea of everyone surviving in a single ship floating aimlessly through space between planets sounds pretty awesome to me!

Mission:

Sounds actually fun though I worry about the numbers overtime and possible being stuck so far away without enough people to help crew it in the long run. But I do love the idea of exploring. That being said I think it be a lot of fun to be around the main systems exploring around them too at times. Really depends how much downtime we have before leaving the main system.

Video Stuff:

Sounds Interesting though when I do videos I have never edited them so I would have to figure how to deal with that hehe. OBS has no pause feature sadly and editing things out normally means encoding / downtime doing that. Not sure if it will be easy or hard to record without giving out sensitive data. As long the coords I guess are not display on the main GUI and I don't open any code and such overall I assume it would be safe. A lot of times I also mute any voice chat when recording. 

I don't think it would even be necessary for everyone to be recording all the time, even just keeping notes on what went on during a shift or whatever would be enough to build off of. 

It's not like we'll be making hour long videos every week, just 15-20 minute videos covering the interesting stuff. It's like in Star Trek how they never show the several days between destinations of them just sitting around on the ship not saving humanity from Q. 

This is my kind of mission!

If I wasn't apart of the Aether then this organization would be my next port of call. Hopefully we can help out on anyway we can with this mission, I look forward to watching all the videos! :)

I don't think organization matters. I plan to stay with CSYN.  This mission is ambitious. It'll need all the sponsoring and allies it can get.    Once things are in full swing, I'll be contacting some of the council members cinderfall to see if we can find some sort of deal that mutually benefits all party's.    Perhaps it'll be like elite dangerous, where one can sell their navigation logs to expand the star maps    ooooh,  that gave me a good idea to suggest hehe 

• 2 months later...

I up to be:

• Miner and cargo pilot (building stage)
  • Warp Drive Maintenance
  • Security Crew
  • Engineering Crew
  • Bridge Crew

Tell me where and when, if you want me in! (Was trying to send you msg on Discord but I don't use it often and have no idea how).