Make Everything Difficult

ATMLVE

I have been a proponent of the "harder is better" philosophy from the beginning.

I think that things in the game will be more rewarding if you have to work to get them. 

Wurm Online was 99% grind and it was still super rewarding after you built something massive, even if it took months to do it. I'm not saying DU should be grind, but it should at least be difficult.

Getting into space should be a rewarding feeling, like you managed some huge accomplishment. Going to another planet should feel the same way, putting a space station into orbit, etc. All of those grand things should require a massive amount of logistics to accomplish, and will then feel that much more rewarding. 

I also like the idea of having survival mechanics like food and weather/temperature. I know that food has generally not been a well received suggestion on the forums, but I still would like to have food/beverages in the game, at the very least for RP sake.

You and I can be in the "everything difficult" club because I feel like this suggestion won't be well received :P

Can I join?

No one should be able to just build a ship within the first 1 hour of playing unless the grind like hell. Everything should take time. This isn't Minecraft thank God and it would be ashame if everything was easy. Ores should need processing in order to craft a steal beam for example.