NQ: what happenes to player made items if that players ACCOUNT is Deleted ??

Damian_Firecaster

NQ

We had this issue come up in Second Life and the outcome was the worst thing to ever happen in a virtual  world, when a player left Second life and there ACCOUNT was Deleted, Everything that person created was also Deleted even if someone else owned it. because there were separate fields in every item for Creator and owner. so if the Creator was deleted then everything from that creator was deleted. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS IN DU. a lot of great things will be created / built in DU. just because the person that created those things is gone from the system, does not mean all he/she created has to be Removed.

Thank you

Damian Firecaster

Core Worlds Coalition

DU community

The story from Second life is that a Great artist created beautiful art work in SL. 1000's of people love his art, they bought it, own it. then when the person behind the avatar Died in Real life, this was Reported to the people that run Second life, they then Deleted that person's account, as a result, all of that person's items he created in SL were Removed from the system Permanently. SO all that beautiful Art was Lost, never to be seen again. So Please NQ do not repeat the mistakes of Linden labs ( the company that runs Second life).

Thank you

Damian Firecaster

Core Worlds Coalition

DU

There are Many other ideas and things I will need to discuss with NQ only. But that will be for a later time. I telling the Community becouse it will affect game play, laws We make, behavior we except and don't except. the sociaty we want to create in DU, with no interference from the Gods (NQ).

P.S. this will be for the Release version of the game Not Alpha

I got an idea.

What if a person attempts to colonize a planet, but for some reason deletes his account.

If nobody else visited the planet, it becomes a "Failed" world, where his creations are copied and pasted throughout the planet, with slights randomly generated lore, and stuff misplaced.

Simple things make a game great.

Idea: Equipment and ressources from the inventory might vanish or lie around in a container for others to find. As far as ownership goes: Who touches it first can claim it if he wants. Constructs: Free to use for anyone if on unclaimed ground (assuming that TCUs will be mostly made by orgs), on claimed ground the ownership transfers to the owner of the territory. 

There is another layer to this I had over 7000+ prims on one sim in Second Life, mostly space stations, etc, The sim was eventually closed down and the prims sent to me but SL could not handle the number so most were lost and the rest corrupted. I can't rebuild it all from scratch. 

This is not an easy problem to solve but a way to zip and transfer out of the game all your assets to an external or client side storage would help. If you don't want the material edited or trawled for other games then you could encrypt the zip so it can only be opened in world.  

We have no shortage of private off line storage options but NQ will have a limit on its access to on and off line storage. It all costs money; hence the monthly cost. For the game to work we will need all the builds and world changes to be saved somewhere. That will build up enormously fast. If the game has to save every world change we make, every hole we dig and tree we fell it would out grow every minecraft world save in a matter of years.

This is why some form of World heal is needed because a reversion to seed eliminates 90 % of that giant save file. Builds underground need to be saved in some special way.  The building core units help enormously, they may not fly but they may be moved by GM in the event of some world change. 

This is why there is all the debate about world heals. A world heal is required to reduce data volume but we do not want peoples builds wiped, trapped underground (I can see a solution for that. ) and we don't want all the ore to reappear magically every other day.

A purely local world heal or even biome change could be done as a major geological event: volcano, earthquake, meteor strike. but you want all player builds saved and re set. And you don't want lave flowing though your yard with out your permission. Yes some would give it. 

If you leave the game permanently everything you made goes to your designated organisation or player heir. So that is not the problem. The real problem will be the size of the giant save files that is generated over time. I discuss that above.  

I got an idea.

What if a person attempts to colonize a planet, but for some reason deletes his account.

If nobody else visited the planet, it becomes a "Failed" world, where his creations are copied and pasted throughout the planet, with slights randomly generated lore, and stuff misplaced.

Simple things make a game great.

When people colonise planets they don't gain control of the whole thing though. They take control of a tiny amount (0.002%) of its surface area.

If someone deletes their account, stuff outside of the original arkship zones should become unowned - someone else can claim. If it was inside a player-made bubble, it should become the property of whoever owns the bubble. if inside the arkship, it should collapse/disappear or, and I'd prefer this, anyone should be able to blow it up.

Nothing should disappear...  Ownership should be removed so anyone can claim the stuff... and demolish or keep the things built as the new owner so chooses.

We don't want everything disappearing but we also don't want everything staying forever...  There should be a timer ... or multiple timers for different categories of object... Like say if you don't log in for 3 months then your buildings... space stations... can be claimed.  And of course claim priority lists should exist so that people who already have permissions to use said objects get first chance to claim it before any random person can. 

But the staying forever issue is mostly just in the arcship safe zone... anything out side... if you aren't there to protect it... then it could be destroyed or taken from you by force...

this is a great point to bring up, and to add to it, can NQ also make it so that when an account is deleted, the ownership is removed from their stuff, so that it passes on to someone that can claim it, or bequeathed to?

Well ...  who would decide that?

Good point OP.  I have not played Second life .... still working on my first one ;) ... but nothing should disappear.  HOWEVER, I don't think the new ownership of something intellectual should be up for grabs.

I can't claim Nicola Tesla's stuff now since he has passed.  Now if he gave me blueprints then I have the knowledge, but simple knowledge transfer through the invisible world shouldn't be a thing in DU IMO.

Now to be clear I am seeing two separate things in this thread .... abandoned items to be claimed which I agree with but ownership of a creative design should not be able to be claimed ... unless I misunderstood some posts.