[Showcase] Show your Skills! Ship/Base/Building Designs & Concept-Arts (2D/3D/*D)

TannhainRP

WOW im getting sick amout of FPS with my new Video card (Nvidia GTX 1070) in landmark, 130 FPS: top corner server side fps, bottom corner client side fps. Also im over 1 mile(2743m) from my build site and you can still clearly see it.

Yes, that IS one thing they are finally starting to get a handle on.

Excuse me SpacemonkeyCough but you want us to get the word out,  I talk about LANDMARK becouse of the VOXEL engine is the SAME, im working to recuit the best builders, and for DU that will be the builders in Landmark they know the voxel engine, they will be some of the best people to Test the system during alpha, Im also recuiting people from Second life, they do Scripting in SL some of the Best scripters and Builders are also in SL. I know What DU is, I am a member of the Alpha team. We will help build the best MMORPG. We are showing off what will be possible to build and do with the voxel engine in DU.

Very impressiv work @Archer :-) You have found the best way between realism and fiction. As what you would use this ship? As a Space Hunter as well as defensive reasons because form a squad for a mothership or as a single Ship with bigger size?

Hehe, well, for the record, I talk about Dual on the LM forums too.  A good chunk of my Org are from LM, tbh.  And the Devs here don't seem to mind the occasional LM mention.  I assume I was invited to be on the Alpha team because of my work in that game.  And there are a LOT of us here from LM so you're going to hear about it from time to time no matter what you do.  But you shouldn't worry.  LM is not a threat to this game in any way, shape or form. 

Anyhow, I didn't mean to offend and I'm sorry.  I was only posting my LM builds since the OP asked us to show you all what we've got. And well...that's what I've got to show. 

No, no Problem... if it from the DU Team allowed, i have no Problem with that.. of course, e.g. Hampius Sci-Fi Building or Dharas Base, too.

You have begun a dialogue about your PC specification and post pictures without a reference to Dual Universe. I think the context wouldn't be continuousely fit in the Topic, because I have maked my suggestion.

I think that the biggest advantage of DU is that LM started it's existence like two years ago. Why everyone could ask? Because LM is not a successfull product (despite being fun to play around with building stuff,etc) overally and that using voxels in a MMO game is a risky thing to do when there are other mechanics to be applied apart of building itself. I think that people (including myself) that have played LM might speed up things a bit in terms of tools improvement mostly because we have already been through that - we have tested quite a lot in terms of tools usage and problems that new features were bringing when released. 

There will be many Landmark references in the future, I'm sure of that, but it can do good to DU. Besides, like Dhara_Elysande said, LM is not a competition to DU, but DU Devs might learn a lot from LM.

I'm really looking forward to meeting ingame when alpha kicks in - it shall be an interesting adventure for those next 2 years :)

This is castle I'm currently building (WIP) in Minecraft. 

castle_du.png

This is "aerial" view of my city. New castle will replace old crappy one (some day). Everything too in "constant process", so some strange things and pits can be seen.

meovia_du.png

Some buildings.

merovia_shaders8906995.jpg

mrv19206369.jpg

tower58782378.jpg

mt18766028.jpg

mer_townhall38741577.jpg

mt19208874.jpg

Time to stop. I hase so much of this stuff to show : ) I played MC literaly years and years.

But if you want to see somthing more close or detailed (and I dont lose it original, in case of more stand-alone projects), my pleasure.

Really, really like the castle build! Do you have anything sci-fi related? (on the other hand, I already imagined that castle with some sci-fi elements added, i.e. landing pad instead of that tower on the left side of the castle,etc)

Thanks!

No, I'm mosty worked with fantasy-medieval things in MC, fairytale classics, so to say. But I cant try, no problem at all. Something not so epic as castle (this is half-year of work), may be ship or small base or? Give me idea? : ) It will be funny challenge or something.

Thanks!

No, I'm mosty worked with fantasy-medieval things in MC, fairytale classics, so to say. But I cant try, no problem at all. Something not so epic as castle (this is half-year of work), may be ship or small base or? Give me idea? : ) It will be funny challenge or something.

Shipyard maybe? ;)

This is castle I'm currently building (WIP) in Minecraft.

This is "aerial" view of my city. New castle will replace old crappy one (some day). Everything too in "constant process", so some strange things and pits can be seen.

meovia_du.png

Time to stop. I hase so much of this stuff to show : ) I played MC literaly years and years.

But if you want to see somthing more close or detailed (and I dont lose it original, in case of more stand-alone projects), my pleasure.

Wow!  Look at that aerial view, Nice!