Cash Shop Idea, other than Skins. (On a Pay-to-Play basis)

Anaximander

All for it. 

As long as an item has nothing to do with improving in-game item stats or time-based stat boosters or any sort of crafting/upgrade material, I am open to any "audio/visual" improvement items. IMHO any stat "boosters" should be only crafted or looted via in game mechanics, and not obtainable via the cash shop. The recently release Blade and Soul NA/EU has became a "P2W" and didn't kept its F2P scheme since the NCS encourages players to spend tons of cash for in-game crafting/upgrade material, leaving all the F2P player eating dust in term of game loot.

Visual items alone leaves open tons of possibilities such as tile/color patterns, outfit pieces, just to name a few.

As for the P2P players, the devs can just give us the option to pick which item from the cash shop list on a monthly basis.

I don't know about you sir, but Hello Kitty and Rainbow Dash stickers give me superpowers if I put them on anything I'm playing as. BBe it a tank in Planetside 2 or my paladin tank's shield in WoW.

Furthermore, this idea of mine came out of the fact the game is going to P2P, with the cash shop in place for skins (as the Devs said). Seeing how ships are going to be destroyed when wars errupt or pilots, either mecha or jetcraft ones, would want to make their own jet a bit more personalised, I can see the skin shop staying, even more if stickers are introduced, They did say that blueprints can be bought by an organisation, so I can see faction leaders (people who actually have money most of the time) sinking some cash to make their armies and fleets look the generic red and black or something more "eye-gaugy", like if some idiot put magenta color on his -- ow, well, you get the idea :P

Yeah, on the P2W, no, I hope not. I don't want to see some "Upgrade Speed Boost" on the cash shop either. That would be game-breaking. The PLEX thingy is indeed a sort of P2W but it evens out the subscription income going on, even if the purchases are not evenly spread. If faction-made currency enters the game, P2W will be irrelevant on the PLEX front though.

This is an excellent idea. Such voices are easily made, however. Anyone who has ever composed in FL Studio 12 will know there is an inbuilt feature for such voices. They are also customization. They are not perfect however, and are clearly computer generated.

This is an excellent idea. Such voices are easily made, however. Anyone who has ever composed in FL Studio 12 will know there is an inbuilt feature for such voices. They are also customization. They are not perfect however, and are clearly computer generated.

I'm talking more of an accent voice pack to the default A.I. each player got with them, similar to how in other MMOs the godvoice works, telling you repeatedly "this skill is on cooldown". Think about it, having an australian woman's voice ringing in your head... or any other accent. You see my reasoning, no? >_> Or if not australian, make it irish. I love them brogues.

• 4 years later...

in this game cosmetics give an actual advantage if you can sell ships with new cosmetics, it will give you and extra edge against the competition when selling ships therefore its not purely cosmetic - on the long run it will mean an extra gain of cash or other stuff, unless you will not be able to trade cosmetic stuff or its one time use (but also this would be p2w since you can generate quanta via the cash shop). also it will be cutting short on the creative part of the game for the sake of cashing out on players. a cash shop on top of a sub is not a good system imho, go for either option not both.

since youre basically forced to run several accounts already due to their talent system which would otherwise require more than 25 years to master all the talents, that should be enough to finance the server and production costs. if youre unable to plan with that kind of money you shouldnt run a project like this (btw NQ claimed they have done the math and came up with 6.99 was a sustainable fee)

devs should become more ethical, but in the last decade greed has taken over this industry and somehow the new generation of players have been indoctrinated and conditioned to those kind of systems...