Cash Shop Idea, other than Skins. (On a Pay-to-Play basis)

Anaximander

So, we know NQ is aiming for a Pay-to-Play model, with a possibility for cash shop that you could buy skins. But what if you could buy something more... personal.

Here's my idea. 

Have sound-packs be a part of the game, coming in three categories. 

A) Synethic voices for robots and assistant A.I. on board ship.

Using LUA, there could be a command imported into the game to call out specific lines, like "Enemy detected" or vocal alerts like "Warning. Lock-On detected" or "Alert. Thruster B, Offline."

B) Player voices. I mean, the game aims for a global playerbase. I would like to have the ability to customise my voice on my emotes to hint at my nationality. Not neccessarily language voice packs, but more in the way of accents. Silly, but sound is one the most immersive things in the game. And I know a certain individual that could use an Austrian accent english-speaking pack. Because one day, he might have to tell to GET TUH DAH CHOPPA. :P

C) Horns. Yup, cause nothing says "I love you" than Ride of the Valkyries playing as you zoom above the enemy city in your space-chopper. Or the la cucaracha tune playing as you drive a giant tank over enemy trenches. Or the My Little Pony tune playing as you drive your space-bike with an amazing Rainbow Dash skin on it. The possibilities are endless, as well as friendship, being magic.

Let me know what you think.

Peace.

stop-taking-so-much-drugs.png

...buy seriously, I love all sorts of pure cosmetic customization items - hats, ship/gear skins, clothes, dyes, fancy shaped decorative items (and maybe voices for you guiding AI too) and so on. So long such items do not give any mechanical advantages, I am perfectly ok with cash shop and even can buy sometime something for myself. 

...buy seriously, I love all sorts of pure cosmetic customization items - hats, ship/gear skins, clothes, dyes, fancy shaped decorative items (and maybe voices for you guiding AI too) and so on. So long such items do not give any mechanical advantages, I am perfectly ok with cash shop and even can buy sometime something for myself. 

They have stated that the subscribers will get points to the cash shop either way for skins, with PLEX only players having to pay. I have the financial leisure to support my playtime with a subscription and using PLEX to trade or something. And no, the voice-packs will have to be an alternative to a default one. I mean, let's face it, if you could hear to a smokey female voice telling you to get the heck outta doge, it would be better than a male one. And the A.I. in the lore has the voice of its user, so... who knows. 

And again, ti won't be a gameplay feature only unlocked with money, so chill mate :)

Yes I like the idea of voice packs. I also really would like to see lots of cosmetic items. Elements, outfits for a bit of space age couture. Honestly cosmetics and anything to decorate with is a weakness of mine. But at the same time if too much goodness is put into cash shops it can begin to demotivate me in terms of gaining them in-game.

Yes I like the idea of voice packs. I also really would like to see lots of cosmetic items. Elements, outfits for a bit of space age couture. Honestly cosmetics and anything to decorate with is a weakness of mine. But at the same time if too much goodness is put into cash shops it can begin to demotivate me in terms of gaining them in-game.

After all, fashion rhymes with passion. And nobody wants to look like carton of milk... in SPAAAAACE.

As long as there is a balance with the cash shop and it does not make you feel like you HAVE to spend money to enjoy some customization aspects. SWTOR does this badly. A lot of their cash shop almost feels necessary in regards to character customization. This is a turn off after spending 15 bucks a month and then money in the cash shop. Short term it might make more for the company, but in long term it heavily reduces profits vs a straight up sub plan when people reevaluate their gaming budgets (often quitting the cash shop heavy games).

That being said. It might be nice to see something like in game LOGO assets for organizations. Basically create a UI element that allows the organization leaders to submit a logo for in game use and part of the asset pack that accompanies the game files. The logo would have to be specific size, file type etc...but it would have a heavy cost (the cost of the art team cleaning it up, coding team implementing it etc). So lets say for example a guild logo cost 200 dollars. The UI would be set up to accept payment towards that 200 dollar goal for the guild logo. When the guild (or a solo person) pays up to the 200, then Novaquark could implement it the next patch.

I do like the idea of a sound pack with robot voices though. I love robots and robots love me.

Aye CaptainTwerkmotor space is a hard, dark and cold place but there's never a reason to not look good!

Kiklix, being able to upload the organizational logo would be cool.

Yes, yes. I know it would. I suggested it.

:P

So, we know NQ is aiming for a Pay-to-Play model, with a possibility for cash shop that you could buy skins. But what if you could buy something more... personal.

Here's my idea. 

Have sound-packs be a part of the game, coming in three categories. 

A) Synethic voices for robots and assistant A.I. on board ship.

Using LUA, there could be a command imported into the game to call out specific lines, like "Enemy detected" or vocal alerts like "Warning. Lock-On detected" or "Alert. Thruster B, Offline."

B) Player voices. I mean, the game aims for a global playerbase. I would like to have the ability to customise my voice on my emotes to hint at my nationality. Not neccessarily language voice packs, but more in the way of accents. Silly, but sound is one the most immersive things in the game. And I know a certain individual that could use an Austrian accent english-speaking pack. Because one day, he might have to tell to GET TUH DAH CHOPPA. :P

C) Horns. Yup, cause nothing says "I love you" than Ride of the Valkyries playing as you zoom above the enemy city in your space-chopper. Or the la cucaracha tune playing as you drive a giant tank over enemy trenches. Or the My Little Pony tune playing as you drive your space-bike with an amazing Rainbow Dash skin on it. The possibilities are endless, as well as friendship, being magic.

Peace.

better a "text to speech" lua command ingame.

I was thinking about this sort of thing yesterday.  I would LOVE it if we could have a custom song playlist that we could broadcast on our ships.  Kinda of like an intercom system. Be great for ambient sfx in our settlements too.  I'd pay for that in a heartbeat.

We could do that in second life (at least years ago when I played we could).  We could also put webpages/videos into monitors/screens we made too.  So say if you walk into our organizations headquarters we could have a pc sitting on the counter with the website on it so our visitors could get more info, or even apply from in game.

Then of course, editable signs, banners, etc.  ANY of that kind of stuff that could be added would help make our worlds feel a lot more realistic and immersive and I would be inclined to purchase.

I was thinking about this sort of thing yesterday.  I would LOVE it if we could have a custom song playlist that we could broadcast on our ships.  Kinda of like an intercom system. Be great for ambient sfx in our settlements too.  I'd pay for that in a heartbeat.

We could do that in second life (at least years ago when I played we could).  We could also put webpages/videos into monitors/screens we made too.  So say if you walk into our organizations headquarters we could have a pc sitting on the counter with the website on it so our visitors could get more info, or even apply from in game.

Then of course, editable signs, banners, etc.  ANY of that kind of stuff that could be added would help make our worlds feel a lot more realistic and immersive and I would be inclined to purchase.

Please spare us the humanity of not having to listen to 10 hours of elevator music!!!!    J/k

https://youtu.be/S5PvBzDlZGs

All for it. 

As long as an item has nothing to do with improving in-game item stats or time-based stat boosters or any sort of crafting/upgrade material, I am open to any "audio/visual" improvement items. IMHO any stat "boosters" should be only crafted or looted via in game mechanics, and not obtainable via the cash shop. The recently release Blade and Soul NA/EU has became a "P2W" and didn't kept its F2P scheme since the NCS encourages players to spend tons of cash for in-game crafting/upgrade material, leaving all the F2P player eating dust in term of game loot.

Visual items alone leaves open tons of possibilities such as tile/color patterns, outfit pieces, just to name a few.

As for the P2P players, the devs can just give us the option to pick which item from the cash shop list on a monthly basis.