New gameplay footage!

nietoperek

The planet was small, though I imagine what they have is just a testing environment. At least I hope that's the case. 

30 Km radius on a planet gives off a greater surface than Great Britain in its entirety. The planet IS big. Imho, too big for it to be a constant reoccurance as a pattern in the game.  If you look closely on the footage at the end, the point JC took off can be seen on the ground. You;ll have to zoom in a bit though. And that planet had an ocean as well, which in comparison, is more of a lake, but still, provides context on varieties.

30 Km radius on a planet gives off a greater surface than Great Britain in its entirety. The planet IS big. Imho, too big for it to be a constant reoccurance as a pattern in the game.  If you look closely on the footage at the end, the point JC took off can be seen on the ground. You;ll have to zoom in a bit though. And that planet had an ocean as well, which in comparison, is more of a lake, but still, provides context on varieties.

I get what you're saying, I'm just thinking about resource abundance, and how competing players at the get go of launch will be. Probably way too early to speculate on that, but it was just a thought in my head. Hopefully we can expect to see some videos in the future focused on certain parts, namely resource gathering and building.... and the occasional explosion here and there.

I get what you're saying, I'm just thinking about resource abundance, and how competing players at the get go of launch will be. Probably way too early to speculate on that, but it was just a thought in my head. Hopefully we can expect to see some videos in the future focused on certain parts, namely resource gathering and building.... and the occasional explosion here and there.

Imho, the largest amount of players I predict on launch, will be perhaps 125% of the number of players that back the game on crowdfunding, perhaps even more if a youtuber is one of them and the XPGamer is probably gonna have the game covered. So, you can aim around a very large number above thousands. The starter area, will probably "heal" its surface to create a resource abundance, not rare mind you resources, but the ones a player needs to get off the world in a signel-seater jet. And I mentioned in another comment above on how the algorithms work in such games, they compartmentalise the systems into categories.

WHat I really wanna see, is if planets around the Goldilocks Zone, like the one Earth is, will have seasons (perhaps linked with the real world's seasons), so we could have an Australia planet, where seasons go in reverse :P Summer is winter for them and winter is summer (or something like that).

And of course, if shotguns are a thing in the game :P

That's a period not a comma..... yes, I know, I looked it up. It also varies depending on where you are. So 6371 is an average. That's why I was saying from 6 km to 6500 km. 

That's a period not a comma..... yes, I know, I looked it up. It also varies depending on where you are. So 6371 is an average. That's why I was saying from 6 km to 6500 km. 

no, you were saying 6-5.6km which is extremely small, 1/7 of a marathon :P  

so 30km radius is far far smaller than earth with its 6500, your pictures dont make sense^^

no, you were saying 6-5.6km which is extremely small, 1/7 of a marathon :P

so 30km radius is far far smaller than earth with its 6500, your pictures dont make sense^^

Least I can say, my brain pulled a blue screen when I saw that. Dem commas confusing people left, right and center. I was even confused for a moment, then I remembered geometry xD

There's a new video...

Jett

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... what?

After watching this I do have a question...  How do you stop hundreds of players from going in and gouging holes in your space station?

First, you should have noticed the first post on the topic :P it's the same video :P

The TU comes in place to that, or perhaps the fact that JC on the video is on creation mode, not in the actual mode in the game. We;ll have to wait and see how claiming territory works in space.

By gun.

And more probably constructs will have some kind of privileges to set, for example privilege to manipulate elements of construction; any unwelcome visitor would only have option do destroy it by hand, and it will not be so easy and fast.

BTW: I Post this same video in fist post of this topic :D

By gun.

And more probably constructs will have some kind of privileges to set, for example privilege to manipulate elements of construction; any unwelcome visitor would only have option do destroy it by hand, and it will not be so easy and fast.

BTW: I Post this same video in fist post of this topic :D

Are you russian? Cause that line "by gun", I imagined a russian saying "In Soviet Russia, space station pokes holes in you" xD

Close, but not quite ;) We have less polar beers and better vodka, but pretty everything is like in Mother Russia, metaphorically speaking :P

Chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie w Szczebrzeszyie! - this is my country traditional greeting, I think that is enough hint :P

To stay on topic:

adfde39044e569c44b149753a57734a87c9ec5b0

My apologies guys, I was half asleep this morning writing those posts. I've been dealing with stuff. Everything about that post should have been the opposite. A 30 km radius planet is way too small, was the point I was wanting to get to. Anywho, sorry again for the half asleep ramblings of a mad man lol.

Or maybe I am trying to confuse people.... I am a Ninja after all

Good graphics, promising video. I am slightly worried though: Building and stuff is great, but you also need interesting and challenging gameplay, otherwise you end up with something like Second Life. Like, why must docking be automated? It should require some actual piloting skills, where you have to consider the weight of your ship depending on cargo (inertia, breaking distance) - interesting gameplay right there.

Also transit into orbit was way too fast. In the finished game, one should have to have an eye on the temperature from friction with the atmosphere, in space one should have the option to switch off computer aided flight to experience real Newtonian physics (which is beautiful), etc.

If flying is too easy and too unrealistic, this integral part of a space game becomes dull, you don't develop a "connection" with your ship, etc. Please Novaquark, make this also a decent simulation and don't just focus on the building. Thank you.

Concerning size of planets: I want them in realistic size! There will be fast vehicles and ships, and radar, so you will find things also on a realistically big planet. At least way bigger then just 30 km! Concerning performance: Only details of the planet that are seen by players must be rendered.

If flying is too easy and too unrealistic, this integral part of a space game becomes dull, you don't develop a "connection" with your ship, etc. Please Novaquark, make this also a decent simulation and don't just focus on the building. Thank you.

In the video when the small spaceship flies from the planet surface to the space station, it looks like "flying on rails" without any physics involved, i.e., no notion of gravity, inertia, aerodynamics, gloc, etc.

Good graphics, promising video. I am slightly worried though: Building and stuff is great, but you also need interesting and challenging gameplay, otherwise you end up with something like Second Life. Like, why must docking be automated? It should require some actual piloting skills, where you have to consider the weight of your ship depending on cargo (inertia, breaking distance) - interesting gameplay right there.

Also transit into orbit was way too fast. In the finished game, one should have to have an eye on the temperature from friction with the atmosphere, in space one should have the option to switch off computer aided flight to experience real Newtonian physics (which is beautiful), etc.

Concerning size of planets: I want them in realistic size! There will be fast vehicles and ships, and radar, so you will find things also on a realistically big planet. At least way bigger then just 30 km! Concerning performance: Only details of the planet that are seen by players must be rendered.

Not wanting to sound like a dirtbag, but JC did explain you would need permission to land in order to auto-land. If my father's fishing drone can locate the beach and return back to it on its own, I believe Future-Space has the whole auto-landing covered. 

Transit was okay for the size of the world. If they opt for a 100km world, the transmit will be greater, but given that JC flew in a jetcraft, it's only logical it was fast. I do not expect a 100 Kiloton ship to lift off like a feather (nor it to land if thrusters burn half your fuel to take you off the surface). Also, newtonian physics are nice... until you come in the atmosphere one degree too short and you become the Wicker Man :P 

Also good sir, the devs aim for a 1000000 population on the server. Having a "realistic" planet, will make the game into "Second Earth" instead of "Dual Universe" and the game will become indeed, Second Life... in Spaaaaaaaaaace. So no, make the planets 100 km radius, sure, make the planets 6500 km, Earth-sied behemoths... no, no thanks. 

Cross fingers for gas giants of death though.

I believe Future-Space has the whole auto-landing covered.

We discussed this already concerning tab targeting: Realistically, far future tech will always be superior to humans, but having everything automated will not make a satisfying game. I want to be Luke Skywalker, not his great-grandchild who is only a passenger in the X-Wing flown by the follow-up model of R2D2.

Having a "realistic" planet, will make the game into "Second Earth" instead of "Dual Universe" and the game will become indeed, Second Life... in Spaaaaaaaaaace. So no, make the planets 100 km radius, sure, make the planets 6500 km, Earth-sied behemoths... no, no thanks.

You have a point: A planet big enough to provide a lonly spot for every member of the game population, and that is also as diverse as Earth to provide different climatic zones, landsacpes and all reassources, would be too much realism. I agree there must be an incentive to explore other planets and systems. But it should be big enough to at least appear realistic and not like a toy.

But it should be big enough to at least appear realistic and not like a toy.

Planets with a radius of 30km - 100km, we're talking about 11000 to 130000 km² surface area here. You call that small?^^ Thats the size of greece, do you know how long it would take to explore greece with a few thousand people?^^