print "Hello World!"

A dark, previously blank screen now has an image: a straight, horizontal blue line. "Greetings," A voice comes from behind, the source a cleverly-hidden speaker resting within the wall. As the voice spoke, the horizontal line wavered and jumped briefly, before returning to its previous state. "How can I help you today?"

To dispense with the pleasantries, I'm a roleplayer and sci-fi enthusiast. I discovered this awesome-looking not-quite-yet-a-game through a youtube video and thought I might check it out. So far, it looks like the community is very healthy and already building a world here with various organizations and such.

And before you ask about the title, I have only a little experience with lua. I know enough to usually understand what something will do, and I can probably frankenstein something out of separate components, but I doubt I'd be able to write something entirely on my own.

So, hello everyone. How are things here?

Welcome to the Dual forums! Nice to see people invest some RP time. Always makes things more immersive.

This week Dual will mostl ikely be showcasing game play footage, a first! So keep your eyes peeled. Follow them on twitter or follow me or follow someone as they will tweet it out. Or their facebook page or keep the forums refreshed. Wont want to miss it!

A dark, previously blank screen now has an image: a straight, horizontal blue line. "Greetings," A voice comes from behind, the source a cleverly-hidden speaker resting within the wall. As the voice spoke, the horizontal line wavered and jumped briefly, before returning to its previous state. "How can I help you today?"

To dispense with the pleasantries, I'm a roleplayer and sci-fi enthusiast. I discovered this awesome-looking not-quite-yet-a-game through a youtube video and thought I might check it out. So far, it looks like the community is very healthy and already building a world here with various organizations and such.

And before you ask about the title, I have only a little experience with lua. I know enough to usually understand what something will do, and I can probably frankenstein something out of separate components, but I doubt I'd be able to write something entirely on my own.

So, hello everyone. How are things here?

Good sir, there are very comprehensive tutorials on Youtube. LUA is a very simple, yet highly productive language. With a practise (which is the core of any trade), you will be scripting A.I. in no time. If you have a mathematical background , you'll do even more insane stuff. 

Peace.

So welcome to the forums. We are delighted to see DU getting more attention and the fact that the gameplay footage is out doesn't hurt at all.

Browse around, join a organization(Preferably an alliance ;) ) and get to know some people. There are still many connections to be made and communities to form.

Once again, from myself to you, welcome ArtificialMind.