Politics in this game and how will it affect the player

KingofPR

The politics will go something like ... I am your friend .... until I'm not.  Probably more of the latter although I'd hope more of the former.

"It's a tough game, that's why only the strong survive. Many a bright politician have lost more than a career, or a life. Suffice it to say, being the leader of a popular or influential alliance is the same as running into target practice with bull's eye on your back. Run from it, is my best advice. Unfortunately, I don't follow my own advice too well at times..."

The politics will go something like ... I am your friend .... until I'm not. Probably more of the latter although I'd hope more of the former.

Frankly, I hope everyone is at at each others throats. I profit, everyone has content to partake in, and the balance always changes. Keeps things fresh.

Not much point to running your own super mega fleet when everyone is holding hands. Unless your the RP type, then well, I cant help you there.

Frankly, I hope everyone is at at each others throats. I profit, everyone has content to partake in, and the balance always changes. Keeps things fresh.

Not much point to running your own super mega fleet when everyone is holding hands. Unless your the RP type, then well, I cant help you there.

Or, you got a killswitch on every ship and you are the captain of the Dreadnought at the center of the fleet. They talk smug? Blow their ship, revoke their faction rights and then freeze their bank account(s) (in-game I mean :V). That will create loyalty :P

Yeah I'm sure there will be backstabbing, spy infiltration, scheming, and all that stuff.  I would say similar to Eve if you've played it but this game it sounds like a much bigger universe so hopefully there will be more balance and not just a couple big organizations that controls 80%+ of everything. Organizations forming alliances and then alliances forming coalitions until it comes down to the Empire vs the Republic.  Right now many unknowns as far as the structure of the sandbox we will be in BUT we do know people and people can be ice cold.

BTW no offense Galactic Empire ;)

Yeah I'm sure there will be backstabbing, spy infiltration, scheming, and all that stuff.  I would say similar to Eve if you've played it but this game it sounds like a much bigger universe so hopefully there will be more balance and not just a couple big organizations that controls 80%+ of everything. Organizations forming alliances and then alliances forming coalitions until it comes down to the Empire vs the Republic.  Right now many unknowns as far as the structure of the sandbox we will be in BUT we do know people and people can be ice cold.

BTW no offense Galactic Empire ;)

Not if I get to apply my paranoia-checks in the game's DPU networks. Ain't nobody stabbing anybody on my watch :P

I personally plan on working on a fully fledge government entity when me and our guys get ingame, this will be covering everything from stations, taxes, laws, a effective police and military force {one in the same}, as well as rights for all members.

So be it if it paints a target on my back, I welcome the challenge that brings, means more people to feed to my meat grinder. . . I mean put in jail. 

I personally plan on working on a fully fledge government entity when me and our guys get ingame, this will be covering everything from stations, taxes, laws, a effective police and military force {one in the same}, as well as rights for all members.

So be it if it paints a target on my back, I welcome the challenge that brings, means more people to feed to my meat grinder. . . I mean put in jail. 

Mmmm meat grinders. Blood for the blood god!

Mmmm meat grinders. Blood for the blood god!

Meat grinders ... that will be my first blueprint I make .... I see making billions of , umm , dollars? ISK? Universe credits?  Whatever the currency is :wacko:

Meat grinders ... that will be my first blueprint I make .... I see making billions of , umm , dollars? ISK? Universe credits? Whatever the currency is :wacko:

Giblets. Giblets will be the currency.

Or, you got a killswitch on every ship and you are the captain of the Dreadnought at the center of the fleet. They talk smug? Blow their ship, revoke their faction rights and then freeze their bank account(s) (in-game I mean :V). That will create loyalty :P

"That's the fastest way to get a coup."

huh...I don't know how well that's going to work. but ill sign up to be the slave dri....I mean umm motivational "speaker"

I may or may not have a whip

That's the spirit!

Now everyone together! It puts the lotion on the skin or else it gets the....?

I mean, it's close enough. Not sure how I feel about rubbing mustard over my body though.

Aaaaaaaaaaand topic derailed. :D

ANARCHY!!!!!! im good at derailment. I probably shouldn't be allowed in threads for to long. anyways

lets discuss an anarchic system like what COPS has

ANARCHY!!!!!! im good at derailment. I probably shouldn't be allowed in threads for to long. anyways

COPS is a dream, not a system. They are a dream of "Anarchy in the UK". Have you seen anarchy in the UK? Nobody has. :V

"with no controlling rules or principles to give order."

COPS exists, but also doesn't. There isn't really any system in place, no leaders, no rules. We don't own territory. Now, an individual in COPS may have all of those things, but that's just one player among several others. We help each other out if we want, or we don't. It's all about having a community to network with, rather than build the next super empire galactic republic... empire. 

"with no controlling rules or principles to give order."

COPS exists, but also doesn't. There isn't really any system in place, no leaders, no rules. We don't own territory. Now, an individual in COPS may have all of those things, but that's just one player among several others. We help each other out if we want, or we don't. It's all about having a community to network with, rather than build the next super empire galactic republic... empire. 

yep. fits with the textbook definition of anarchy. not the social definition lol