Politics in this game and how will it affect the player

KingofPR

Ok so tell me what will be you,re goverment political status as in Democracy,Facism,etc and how will it will affect the simple life of a citizen in this game.(We need the sexy purple words of captaintwerkmotor)

Personally, I won't be running any nations, but I quite like the idea of player based politics. I ran into problems with it in other games (blocking off areas, lawlessness, etc.), in a three dimensional universe such as this... well, if they won't let you go straight, go up. 

Personally, I won't be running any nations, but I quite like the idea of player based politics. I ran into problems with it in other games (blocking off areas, lawlessness, etc.), in a three dimensional universe such as this... well, if they won't let you go straight, go up. 

I will be doing the same thing,im part of the terran union

When being forced to decide what rough 'type' organization (nation, clan, cult, company etc.) to create I considered the same aspects. And honestly, unless you are or plan to become bigger I wouldn't automatically aim for a nation or government type of org because you have more to cover on paper.

While it seems lucrative to have that, I'm quite happy to have picked a Corporation or private entity on purpose because interaction with other groups becomes way easier (to me anyway). And if need be you can still "upgrade" to a nation.

I like to point out that the Helghan from the Killzone universe actually were a corp wit the same name and became a nation or empire so to speak. I don't see the same flexibility the other way around (gov to corp) while keeping it consistent.

Regardless of my preferences I wish all (or most, not you space terrorists) luck in their endeavors.

when ever DU gets a full release i wouldn't be surprised if it takes several months before a proper fully fledged government-like body would appear (with any real power). What we as the players would see at the start would be the formation of numerous corporations that only really have influence within themselves.

But when a government body does appear and depending on what type of government it is the regular player would have to abide by that governments laws, taxes and regulations in government controlled areas. And if you were a citizen of said Nation the laws/taxes would extend to you even if you were out of government controlled areas. But being a citizen for a said nation would also have its benefits, such as unobstructed travel within governments lands, rights to own land under your name, Trade discounts, Citizen safety backed by army, the list goes on.

I wouldn't really be a guy that would like to start up one but if one comes around and that their benefits fit my needs i would like to apply for citizenship no matter what government type it is. 

Oh look its a Feudal Kingdom on this here Moon. they said they have cake. lets join :3

I don't expect any kind of universal central government to emerge, so most of the universe will be in anarchy.

With that said, many there will be many small player groups, and several of them (Goons, no way they won't invade this game) will be large enough to be considered nations. But not big enough to dictate gameplay on universe scale though. Closest political structure such groups have is Empire I guess. Certainly not any kind of democratical structure.

I don't expect any kind of universal central government to emerge, so most of the universe will be in anarchy.

With that said, many there will be many small player groups, and several of them (Goons, no way they won't invade this game) will be large enough to be considered nations. But not big enough to dictate gameplay on universe scale though. Closest political structure such groups have is Empire I guess. Certainly not any kind of democratical structure.

Unless you enter my Best Korea territory. xD

when ever DU gets a full release i wouldn't be surprised if it takes several months before a proper fully fledged government-like body would appear (with any real power). What we as the players would see at the start would be the formation of numerous corporations that only really have influence within themselves.

But when a government body does appear and depending on what type of government it is the regular player would have to abide by that governments laws, taxes and regulations in government controlled areas. And if you were a citizen of said Nation the laws/taxes would extend to you even if you were out of government controlled areas. But being a citizen for a said nation would also have its benefits, such as unobstructed travel within governments lands, rights to own land under your name, Trade discounts, Citizen safety backed by army, the list goes on.

I wouldn't really be a guy that would like to start up one but if one comes around and that their benefits fit my needs i would like to apply for citizenship no matter what government type it is. 

Oh look its a Feudal Kingdom on this here Moon. they said they have cake. lets join :3

In some scenarios, I'd compare Corporations to nations in terms of laws and whatnot.

If they have some turf out in space they can set the same rules or enforce them, depending on what forces they have. Quasi nations or governments basically. But it depends.

I think the only real early game groups will be akin to corporations, as we just don't have the manpower or community "one-ness" to form any such ruling bodies. However, I have no plans to base my play on governmental rules, as I relish the anarchy, but do see the necessity to have laws in the future, as I need someone to rebel against.  :P

I will be the benevolent dictator of blackguard, mostly blackguard will consist of me and my various personalities and social disorders. BUT I WILL RULE WITH AN IRON FIST!  But the other hand will be filled with kittens tasty tasty kittens... err i mean adorable lovable kittens. 

The game is heavily based on player made and run communities, economies and organizations. If in the future, a player named Trump runs for head of the DUA, you have the power to go up to that player and debunk him. As a result, you may be labeled a terrorist and as such may be hunted by bounty hunters. All of these bounty hunters will be players. The people who labelled you a terrorist, also players.

There is an order for intergalactic cooperation between willing members, Cinderfall. Not only that, but several organisations intending to form Nations / Empires that may lean on each other for assistance already compose the base of the organisation.

Were working together and slowly but surly coming to conclusions and developing a system for cooperation. What we really need though is thorough and public release on the Tags and RDMS. Or for NQ to bring us in for a session to work out these systems and how we would like to use them.

Regardless of the systems allowed though we are working on and looking into being more than individual organisations vying for total dominance with only despots and nerd-dictatorships.

We hope more people will look to joining and creating an orderly society in the game and not just being anarchists, pirates, warlords.

There is an order for intergalactic cooperation between willing members, Cinderfall. Not only that, but several organisations intending to form Nations / Empires that may lean on each other for assistance already compose the base of the organisation.

Were working together and slowly but surly coming to conclusions and developing a system for cooperation. What we really need though is thorough and public release on the Tags and RDMS. Or for NQ to bring us in for a session to work out these systems and how we would like to use them.

Regardless of the systems allowed though we are working on and looking into being more than individual organisations vying for total dominance with only despots and nerd-dictatorships.

We hope more people will look to joining and creating an orderly society in the game and not just being anarchists, pirates, warlords.

Aw but being a rebel is so cool!

I agree with you however, we do need more information. Be even better if NQ would let us in to do a quick demo of the systems they plan to release, and see if we can work with it or not. Hint hint Nyzaltar...

haha, you silly rebels.

I think people also have a mis conception of CSYN, we hope to have a system for legalized piracy, privateering

Rogues are certainly welcome too

what i plan to do lol. if you do something well dont do it for free

I will be the benevolent dictator of blackguard, mostly blackguard will consist of me and my various personalities and social disorders. BUT I WILL RULE WITH AN IRON FIST!  But the other hand will be filled with kittens tasty tasty kittens... err i mean adorable lovable kittens. 

Hehe sounds like fun!  :lol:

The politics will go something like ... I am your friend .... until I'm not.  Probably more of the latter although I'd hope more of the former.

I mean, to be fair, that's how real life politics go