Vocal notification

Shynras

So, I think the game would be way more fun, enjoyable and immersive, if we could use vocal notifications. First of all, what I'm talking about? Imagine you could set with lua some kind of sensors, that would react to a certain event, and the defensive system would activate. Then with a vocal notification, we would hear "Defensive System Activated". Or maybe just to create a system that automatically says "Welcome to Bananaville" every time a player cross the entrance of your city. 

Of course, I'm not talking about registering our voice, and use those files ingame, that would not be ideal for the players and neither for devs.

A vocal assistant like the one we have in Elite Dangerous would be cool, but it's not really what I'm asking for. 

I'm asking for a "Text to Speech" software. So pretty much like google translate, if you ever used it. You write what you want on your LUA program, and then a certain API, would make the game read that with a voice. Usually that voice is robotic, so it would even fit.

Try it if you want https://translate.google.com/

That's a pretty cool idea, and these days its not even far fetched could even use an api to something like a google server to offset load if that's an issue.

could even use translate to make it a universal warning based on game users regional settings

That's a pretty cool idea, and these days its not even far fetched could even use an api to something like a google server to offset load if that's an issue.

could even use translate to make it a universal warning based on game users regional settings

Or maybe, if we know we have a certain type of audience that speak something different than english, we could tag that "organization" and set in the lua program already the translatedsentence. Or in some situation, where the user directly interact with the program, an engineer could make that program ask "choose a language", after having set translations already in the code. I'm saying this because if there's a way for players to do it, then let them do, since it adds stuff to the gameplay.

Not sure if you read the lore, but this would fit in perfectly with the fact that we have our own AI, "Aphelia" or whatever we choose to name him/her speaking to us in our helmets. 

Would not be hard at all to set up a system that lets you know when entering certain territories, giving you health notifications, etc.

Not sure if you read the lore, but this would fit in perfectly with the fact that we have our own AI, "Aphelia" or whatever we choose to name him/her speaking to us in our helmets. 

Would not be hard at all to set up a system that lets you know when entering certain territories, giving you health notifications, etc.

Fun fact. Aphelia in Greek means "naivety".

I can imagine a sashy african-american woman from Harlme talking to my ear everytime I press a skill on cooldown "That button ain't ready fool." "If yo click that button one mo' time Ill slap a bitch." "Yo dead? HA-HAAA, yo better get yo ass back to loot yo body dawg."

:P Sorry for the stereotypical media representation of african-american women :P I just found the name of Aphelia a bit too on the nose :P

Given the game is developed in France, get a lady with mild french accent to be the A.I. . French accents are cool on woman. Sorry J.C. Baillie, you are cool but not female french accent cool :P