The Collective - Bringing Humanity Together to Achieve Greatness

2l6wih.png

The Collective

Welcome, citizen! I would like to introduce you to The Collective. Here at The Collective, we are striving to build an organization that works for it's members, whether they are an individual or a member of our alliance. After the destruction of our home, humanity has been given another chance here on Alioth; we at The Collective want to take advantage of this second chance by helping humanity achieve great things.

To achieve our goals, The Collective hopes to establish itself as a large organization, supported by an alliance of groups working together. Those not belonging to a group are welcome to join The Collective itself - we will have many positions available, from miner to builder, politician to trader. We will have a military division as well, although our main focus militarily will be defense of our territories and alliance members; our stance in general will be neutral, but we will certainly defend ourselves against aggressors. 

For those groups looking to join our alliance, we will offer many benefits - mutual defense, shared resources, territories, combined recruiting and trade agreements. Whether you are a small mining group or a team of designers that love to build things, we would like to offer you a place within The Collective. We will need haulers to move things and traders to buy and sell things. Every job in the universe will be needed! Those groups worried about losing their independence by joining our alliance need not worry - alliance members are free to govern their organizations internally as they see fit, the only stipulations will be laid out to them during alliance negotiations.

As far as governance, we will be have a Stellar Council that is selected by the Archon. This Council will help with running the overall operations of The Collective, as well as advising the Archon. The number of seats on this Council has not been set as of yet. There will additionally be a Board of Directors that will consist of either the leader or an appointed member from each group within the Alliance. The purpose of the Board of Directors is to allow effective communication between all member groups and to vote on issues that affect the Alliance as a whole - the Archon will preside as the President of the Board and will have veto power, with a 2/3 majority required to override the veto. This Board will not have governance over The Collective itself, only over the alliance.

All parties interested in joining The Collective must agree to abide by our Code of Conduct, which are fairly simple.

Code of Conduct

• Show respect for everyone, whether a member of The Collective or not.
  • No hackers, exploiters, thieves, bandits, griefers or other criminals will be allowed in The Collective.
  • No attacking fellow members of The Collective or alliance members without permission.
  • Generally, we are an 18+ organization, with very rare exceptions made.
  • More will likely be added as more details about DU are released

If you're interested in joining, you can apply here. If you'd like to chat with us more before joining, we have a Teamspeak server that you are welcome to join, just message me for details.

"Good day, TheNudeNerd. The Aether welcomes you to Dual Universe and we wish you all the best. We hope we see more of you on the forums and eventually in the game."

Thanks for the welcome. I've actually been here quite awhile, I just don't post all that often - hard to carry on too much conversation about the game based on mostly speculation or ideas. I am very excited about the potential of DU and hope to see it meet that potential.

Are you the Borg?

No, we are definitely not the Borg. Not sure how you pulled that out of my ad, other than the rather generic name. We prefer not to play as anything from popular culture, but instead define our own destiny.

No, we are definitely not the Borg. Not sure how you pulled that out of my ad, other than the rather generic name. We prefer not to play as anything from popular culture, but instead define our own destiny.

"

Most wonderful. I love when people put effort into creating something unique.

"

Are you guys communists? Sounds like communism

We are nothing like communists. Where in my original ad did it say anything about communal or common ownership? You may want to do some reading on communism, because it sounds like you do not fully grasp what it means.

Put simply, we will work together to achieve our goals, as individuals, groups and an alliance. We do expect that individuals and groups under The Collective banner will want to earn their own way as well, but essentially we expect them to also contribute towards the greater organization - in return, they will get the benefits of being part of a larger group that will be able to achieve things that a smaller group might not so easily get, such as trade deals with other large organizations, territory, defensive forces, etc. There is nothing communistic about any of that.

• 1 month later...

The Collective is still welcoming new members. Our gaming community has been around for over 10 years, playing all types of games such as Minecraft, Space Engineers, DayZ and many others. We currently run an Empyrion server and have a corp in Eve Online that is growing nicely. If you'd like a great community to be a part of, come check us out.

Greetings The Nude Nerd,

I'd like to run a small highlight on your organization on the Dual Universe Sleepers website; I just PMailed you the raw text, please feel free to check and let me know if you require any correction or information complement before publishing.